Italian hotel owner, 46, found dead in Patong room

rooster59

ound

Sad is that we'll never find out what the reason of his death was. In a country where I can get a contract killer for 25 K+ or less, shops that give me a fake bill over a purchase that I've never made and cops who change the police report in favor of the person who pays the most money.

Money is too important and the three Chinese monkeys come to mind....wai2.gif .

contract killer advice from mr lost in issan. Next he will be giving dental advice like a month or two ago. He has no idea what he is talking about.... ha

Sounds like you should get out more and stop smelling the roses in your garden.

'lostinisaan' isn't far off the mark with his 25k contract figure. When I lived up north central Thailand (not Isaan), my Thai g/f told me about 10 years ago the price was 20k. Factor in a bit of inflation and the member you are mistakenly ridiculing is talking more sense than you... ha

Well you are way over if you talking about 20k usd. There are guys lining up for 50k bht .

You would be paying well over the odds at 50,000 baht because a guy I know was owed some money and the guy he lent it to wouldn't pay it back, so the lender's wife suggested she could get a couple of "people" over from a place well known for its criminal activities and they would break this guys legs for 5,000 baht or kill him for 10,000 baht.

This was about eight years ago– – life is cheap in this place and it pays to remember that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't the Italian's relatives have the right to sell the hotel, or at least get most of the cash, considering that the poor guy wasn't married?

P.S. Is it clear how he bought this hotel? I hope not through setting up a company with non existing share holders. No assumptions)

I would have to agree with a lot of NamKangMan's sentiments in his posts and even more so after speaking to a fairly senior Italian expat who has lived here for a long time and knows how things work here. Indeed I have lived here for 10 years and nothing surprises me any more.

I also think that you will find the hotel is not in the deceased's (RIP) name and indeed someone who could stand to benefit considerably has connections in places that matter when such things as this occur.

It's almost for sure that this 'hotel' is leased. The lease will be null and void on the lease holder's death.

Any non Thai relatives should expect nothing but outstanding bills ...

Edited by LivinginKata

Wouldn't the Italian's relatives have the right to sell the hotel, or at least get most of the cash, considering that the poor guy wasn't married?

P.S. Is it clear how he bought this hotel? I hope not through setting up a company with non existing share holders. No assumptions)

I would have to agree with a lot of NamKangMan's sentiments in his posts and even more so after speaking to a fairly senior Italian expat who has lived here for a long time and knows how things work here. Indeed I have lived here for 10 years and nothing surprises me any more.

I also think that you will find the hotel is not in the deceased's (RIP) name and indeed someone who could stand to benefit considerably has connections in places that matter when such things as this occur.

It's almost for sure that this 'hotel' is leased. The lease will be null and void on the lease holder's death.

Any non Thai relatives should expect nothing but outstanding bills ...

Leased yes, but apparently the "leaseholder" is still alive! So it can be "sold" and money pocketed if that is the case.

Edited by xylophone

A potentially libelous post and replies have been removed from this thread.

In an updated report from the Phuket News, the woman's name has been removed for privacy reasons.

See updated report here.

Dunno what's going on with this incident... but the link in the OP post is now dead. The updated link posted by Jai Dee here is now dead.

And when I scan through the news reports on the Phuket News website over the past few days, I no longer see any news at all regarding this guy's death.

Has it all been erased for some reason?

Sorry for the Italian, but once again i fear it is a case of a farang (maybe successfully) running a business in a country where there are so many poor jealous zenophobes.

For goodness sake, if you have money, then invest it in the west (or at least somewhere safe) and live UNDER the radar in Thailand.

The last one was a farang nightclub owner who jumped off a building in BKK.

Lost count of the number of real estate agents, guest house owners, bar owners and the like who have come to grips here.

RIP Poor guy, but seriously When will they learn?

I don't think there is enough information, at the moment, to tell if your theory is correct. But I do agree with the point that it is better to invest in a way that is unseen. I would never invest in a business in Thailand or have substantial assets here.

You both are being a bit paranoid here I believe, maybe stay of the TV forum for a while and look around using your own eyes and ears. People die, sometimes at a too early age, anywhere in the world. RIP Nicola.

Paranoid in what way? I stated there was not enough information to prove foul play? Or was it the comment about not investing in a business here? That's just an opinion based on some experiences of others that I have read about ... but I don't think it's off the mark.

I'm pretty certain I found him on Facebook unless that is a really common name. A couple pictures with a very nice looking Thai lady, a real little one and a couple teenagers.

Looked older than 46, that's for sure !

Could be a different guy, but same name and Thai peeps, I'm guessing it was him. Looks closer to 56 than 46.

Anyway, sorry to family and friends.

<snip>

Find something new and original or open anything like a pub, bar, hotel or guesthouse close to where there are many already and you will be safe and sound and happy as long as you behave yourself very well, of course.

Maybe somethingnew and original, but a 'pub, bar, hotel or guesthouse close to where there are many already' sounds like a business disaster to me.

Not to mention that they are trades (supposedly) restricted for Thais only.

I just hope for the sake of many foriegners, that the current regime does'nt succeed in ending the 'brown envelope' culture.

Impossible i know, but if they ever did it would be curtains for a lot of farang owned businesses.

I have no idea what caused the demise of this gentleman. May he RIP.

Many posters have written the truth about the Thailand experience. After decades here I have learned this- never open a business here- too complicated and the potential for loss too great; never rush into a marriage or a relationship- a mistake can be fatal; learn to speak some of the language- it can save you from difficult situations and keep you smart; Keep access to some of you own money-such as a pension or a bank account and don't tell anyone about it or how much you have no matter how much you trust and love your spouse; Study and learn what a Thai smile really means and how to read and understand a Thai person's body language and eyes Also, try and understand what keeps Thai society functioning on a superficial level and adapt to it; and finally- do not ever think you will be accepted as one of the 'Thais'-no matter how great you think your relationships are or how well you can speak Thai. You will always be a foreigner.

"You will always be a foreigner." - are you saying that all those guys with Thai tattoos, of which they have no idea what they say, or represent, ARE NOT more Thai than me?

Come on man i thought you of all people would have known-

to be a real Thaifarang you must have thai tatts and wear at least 2 of those buddha amulet things.

-these folk are known and referred to as w*****s in certain countries (rhymes with tankers) lol

<snip>

Find something new and original or open anything like a pub, bar, hotel or guesthouse close to where there are many already and you will be safe and sound and happy as long as you behave yourself very well, of course.

Maybe somethingnew and original, but a 'pub, bar, hotel or guesthouse close to where there are many already' sounds like a business disaster to me.

Not to mention that they are trades (supposedly) restricted for Thais only.

I just hope for the sake of many foriegners, that the current regime does'nt succeed in ending the 'brown envelope' culture.

Impossible i know, but if they ever did it would be curtains for a lot of farang owned businesses.

Friends that run go go- bars, Hotels and restaurants in very busy tourist-areas belong to the wealthiest people that I know here in Thailand.

And as for LivinginKata's comment, he clearly does not understand how business actually works.

Go where the flow is, in this case people, and simply make your place stand out by offering better quality/service/pricing or all of the above than the rest and success is guaranteed.

Edited by luckyman

Sorry for the Italian, but once again i fear it is a case of a farang (maybe successfully) running a business in a country where there are so many poor jealous zenophobes.

For goodness sake, if you have money, then invest it in the west (or at least somewhere safe) and live UNDER the radar in Thailand.

The last one was a farang nightclub owner who jumped off a building in BKK.

Lost count of the number of real estate agents, guest house owners, bar owners and the like who have come to grips here.

RIP Poor guy, but seriously When will they learn?

I don't think there is enough information, at the moment, to tell if your theory is correct. But I do agree with the point that it is better to invest in a way that is unseen. I would never invest in a business in Thailand or have substantial assets here.

You both are being a bit paranoid here I believe, maybe stay of the TV forum for a while and look around using your own eyes and ears. People die, sometimes at a too early age, anywhere in the world. RIP Nicola.

Paranoid in what way? I stated there was not enough information to prove foul play? Or was it the comment about not investing in a business here? That's just an opinion based on some experiences of others that I have read about ... but I don't think it's off the mark.

Ok, then we just disagree there big time, I believe Thailand is one of the best places at the moment to start up any business that offers good quality/service or both. Because these are so damn hard to be found here....

<snip>

Let me explain for those that do not understand how business actually works.

Go where the flow is, in this case lots of people, hire or buy a shop in the busiest area and simply make your place stand out by offering better quality/service/pricing or all of the above than the rest and success is guaranteed.

When Hilton or Hyatt consider opening up a new hotel somewhere, they do not spend time nor money consulting local real estate agents and check out locations or local land prices, they buy or rent land where it's the most expensive, as that must be the most popular and will be the best place to be. Economics in a nutshell.

Sad is that we'll never find out what the reason of his death was. In a country where I can get a contract killer for 25 K+ or less, shops that give me a fake bill over a purchase that I've never made and cops who change the police report in favor of the person who pays the most money.

Money is too important and the three Chinese monkeys come to mind....wai2.gif .

contract killer advice from mr lost in issan. Next he will be giving dental advice like a month or two ago. He has no idea what he is talking about.... ha

You're right. let's keep it civil and for lower Isaan only. 15 K and somebody from Cambodia will do "the job" and leave Thailand right afterwards.

And yep here's the dental advice: If somebody hits you on your cheek, you could lose a tooth, maybe two.

But you'll get the right advice where the best dentist is too. For free.

lost in issan is good at using google. One would hope that he does not contribute to the health forum again. what a joke..