6 Lessons to Be Learned from 2015 Thailand Tourism Statistics

webfact

6 Lessons to Be Learned from 2015 Thailand Tourism Statistics
BY JACOB MASLOW

bigstock-summer-holidays-travel-touri-96

BANGKOK: -- Tourism in Thailand is one of the leading industries, and the sector is an important part of the country’s GDP. Beautiful beach destinations, top-of-the-line resorts and fun festivals lure in millions of visitors every year.

In-depth statistics are held on tourism in the country, and they give us valuable insight into how Thailand’s tourism industry continues to thrive even in subpar economic conditions. A few of the most vital statistics include:

1. 12.4 Million Visitors Between January and May 2015

The Songkran festival was held during this time, and people like to escape their colder homelands. Tourism last year jumped 25% between January and May compared to the same period in in 2014.

2. Tourism Generated 2.2 Trillion Baht

Projections for 2015 point to tourism generating 2.2 trillion baht in revenue for the year, with 1.4 trillion coming from international tourism. The country is trying to promote domestic tourism and is offering incentives for those that spend domestically during Songkran 2016.

3. Tourism is on the Rise

Last year’s data points to a major boom in Thailand’s tourism industry. Projections of 32 million tourists in 2016 may have been overstated as fewer Chinese tourists are flocking to the country. China accounts for the largest number of tourists to the Kingdom every year, but the country’s economy is struggling.

Full story: https://ethailand.com/featured-news/6-lessons-to-be-learned-from-2015-thailand-tourism-statistics/2360/

-- eThailand 2016-04-25

Photoshopped!gigglem.gif

The longtail boat shows the sun is to its back.

The couple is pasted in, sun to their right.

2 less things to believe in out of the 6. coffee1.gif

Good point! It begs to wonder if these foreigners signed waivers to allow their pictures to be used for this? My guess would be NO.

The simple fact of this article is that even though half of the 2016 year had passed already yet, they are still speculating on the income generated in 2015???

Tourism may be a bright spot in Thailand’s economy, but it is a dangerous industry. While people flock to Thailand to have fun, many do not practice safe driving and end up dead or hospitalized as a result.

It's interesting to note how this article alludes to tourists being responsible for unsafe driving and causing injury or death! ! ! I nearly pee'd myself laughing so hard. I guess tourists need to learn how to drive safer, such as learning to get out of the way of oncoming Thai vehicles as these vehicles pass on blind hills and curves. Or they must learn to wait at least 30 seconds when a light turns green to allow Thai drivers to blast through red lights. Or they must learn to expect Thai drivers to come flying out of side streets onto main highways without first looking for oncoming traffic.

My God, tourists have a lot to learn in order to practice safe driving in Thailand! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not much to be learned about this number , the stats like to say how many , what is the break down in numbers of the major countries and importantly the drop off from previous regular countries , that then should show TAT just what the make up of the visitors are, this refers to disposable income and to question why a drop in numbers from former regular countries......................................................coffee1.gif

I've just read the complete article and what I saw were six factoids about the Thai tourist industry.

The headline is : "6 Lessons to Be Learned from 2015 Thailand Tourism Statistics"

There is no opinion in the article. There are no questions raised. What are the lessons to be learned?

What a waste of time.

Photoshopped!gigglem.gif

Yep, are these are the so called quality tourists.

A cute white Western family photoshopped in, as they are no longer in numbers to catch a real photo.

Most of the families I know wont consider Thailand as a destination. They have read too much about places like Pattaya, the scams, robberies and murders to consider coming here and who can blame them? If my family was not Thai there is no way I would bring my wife and children to this country.

Photoshopped!gigglem.gif

The sun in Thailand casts shadows as it sees fit biggrin.png

Yes, it is called Thainess!

and we farrangs dont understand it

coffee1.gif

"Chinese operators have popped up in the region and offer lower prices than Thailand’s natives while speaking Chinese better. Protesters are calling for these tour operators to be removed and assert that they have the resources and personnel to deal with the major Chinese presence in the country." This is called competition, Thailand needs to get used to it as it isnt going to go away.

"Thailand has initiated safe driving campaigns to improve this statistic, but one thing is for sure: tourists need to find a safe means of transportation when in Thailand. With ample taxi services and walkable cities, this shouldn’t be a hard statistic to change."Cities are not very walkable and taxi's are as dangerous as any means of transport you can think of. The article implies it is foreigners who drive badly but there is no mention of the crazy Thai drivers who are the majority on the road. Teach the Thai's to drive not point a vehicle in the general direction

Edited by gandalf12

Photoshopped!gigglem.gif

You idiot!!! Don't you know that Thai sun is much more special than farang sun, and can shine in every direction at once?

And the caption reads" you are the most hansom man I have every seen, I like to eat boogers too, My grandmother is sick and I need to buy a new buffalo for the farm"

You guys are pretty funny, yes the bar patron negotiation and the great Chinese shrimp stampede !

Ao Nang Beach with the nice white Euro family obviously photoshopped in, uh-huh.......

Reminds me of a brochure I saw for Patong Beach's Amari condominiums, the beach view was of a Philippine beach as the reality of the brown waters of Patong Bay might not have been such a great sales pitch.

What I find really amusing is remember when TAT was all about bringing in the "quality tourists" (?) and yet what happened is the zero baht Chinese. Amazing Thailand !!

Photoshopped!gigglem.gif

most of the Photoshop work was cleaning up the beach and removing the gray hazy sky.

Perhaps two more lessons:

7. Increase in tourists does not mean increase in revenues. Most Thai holidaymakers are choosing to travel overseas and Chinese tourists coming into Thailand are being encapsulated by Chinese businesses'

8. With high number of tourists comes high potential for injury and death. There was a 54% jump in the number of tourist deaths in Thailand last year, according to a report by Thailand’s Bureau of Prevention and Assistance in Tourist Fraud.

Edited by Srikcir