Pattaya: Senior American Cancer Sufferer Commits Heart-breaking Suicide

webfact

It's unfortunate that medically supervised suicide is illegal in Thailand. This man appears to have gone through allot of pain and suffering the past couple years and I can understand his wanting to end his life. There are options, whoever, for those who seek such assistance...The Netherlands, Switzerland, and the state of Oregon allow people with terminal illnesses or diseases to die with dignity.

Is there really no assistance or advise to be obtained from the Palliative Care Association Thailand ?

http://www.palliativecare-th.com/home/#lifeisbeauty

Poor chap, and disgusting media reporting with the suicide note and personal details in full view, is this still Howard's paper? Have some respect please

I agree with you, but it's necessary the note be made available in its entirety for full CSI: TVF review as part of their usual thorough investigation into the event. Without it, the police dare not speculate as to cause of death, but as they usually do, then a particularly virulent group would need to invade the thread: the paranoids afflicted with Tic-Related Police Conspiracy OCD (TRPCOCD). With the phone number given, the note looks much less like--a forgery!

So this way we're spared a dozen pages of half-baked theories and attempts to finger the wife/girlfriend/bargirl/ladyboy.

maybe that's why he stuck it on the wall rather than leave it for the wife to discover....then again he did leave everything to her... then again he did sign it ... aaargh I'm conflicted

But I did find the note touching w/out understanding why he felt taping it to the wall for all and sundry was the best solution

Two used shells but only one wound. Did he miss the first time? Also has any one ever heard of a suicide where the person shoots himself through the chest? Normally it is through the head. Something here does not seem right to me

It happens, not too often but some people do not dare to aim for their own head, understandably.

The 2nd shell is indeed a bit off and mysterious but might be explained in a later follow-up article.

Maybe he tried if the gun was working and fired a bullet in the air/ceiling or outside into a tree first?

could he have a spasm due to the 1st shot and involuntarily fired the 2nd?

It's unfortunate that medically supervised suicide is illegal in Thailand. This man appears to have gone through allot of pain and suffering the past couple years and I can understand his wanting to end his life. There are options, whoever, for those who seek such assistance...The Netherlands, Switzerland, and the state of Oregon allow people with terminal illnesses or diseases to die with dignity.

Is there really no assistance or advise to be obtained from the Palliative Care Association Thailand ?

http://www.palliativecare-th.com/home/#lifeisbeauty

Palliative care, while certainly a very useful and compassionate option during an end of life care situation, is not assisted suicide. There is no provision for assisted suicide in Thai law and in fact would probably be treated as a murder if found out by the authorities. It also goes against the Thai cultural grain of not taking life...I once had a vet who wouldn't spay my cat because he thought she might be pregnant and the kitten fetus would die during such a procedure.

His girlfriend's phone number is shown.

That's outrageous! bah.gif

No it's not------ It's blurred out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, get a clue.

It most certainly was when I posted that.

Obviously and correctly they responded to COMPLAINTS.

Here are two words for the local "press" --

EDITORS

ETHICS

Stuff like that happens again and again and will again most definitely.

Edited by Jingthing