Kudos to Pattaya Dept of Licensing

quandow

GREAT report for Pattaya Dept of Licensing. I had my Thai auto license stolen in Mexico. Today I walked into the Pattaya licensing office with all my paperwork in order and 22 MINUTES LATER I walked out with my replacement.

Whoever whipped Jomtien Immigration in shape, I'd bet they opened up that same can of whip-ass on this office. Quick service with a smile!

Pattaya Dept of Licensing.

For the books, they call them-self "Department of Land Transport" (DLT) in English.

post-99794-0-65802400-1461733337_thumb.j

And the praise for immigration office in Jomtien (Chon Buri Immigration) is an "add-on" to the post?

(no direct relation to driving licenses)

There are not many complaints about them in the forum.

post-99794-0-88670200-1461733581_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

you get your thai drivers licence replaced at thai immigration? i just got back from re newing my 5 year thai drivers licence up near the regents school. 3 hour ordeal. think this guy is talking about getting his residency paperwork at jomtien immigration.

Forgive me, but did you read post ? He did not say he got it at immigration, merely that the license dept now appears to be as efficient as immigration.

As non native speaker:

only after rereading the OP I seem to understand the second paragraph about "can of whip-ass" tongue.png .

OP supposes that DLT has been "enhanced" like immigration (before)?

Edited by KhunBENQ

What was the paperwork you needed to get your Thai License replaced?

I needed a police report (how I "lost" my passport on a baht bus rather than it being stolen in Mexico - THANKS to the volunteer at the Pattaya police station!), and a copy of my passport. I brought a copy of every page, don't know if it was necessary but brought one anyway. 265 baht and 22 minutes later BINGO brand new license!

I needed a police report (how I "lost" my passport on a baht bus rather than it being stolen in Mexico - THANKS to the volunteer at the Pattaya police station!), and a copy of my passport. I brought a copy of every page, don't know if it was necessary but brought one anyway. 265 baht and 22 minutes later BINGO brand new license!

Thanks good to know.. I recently missed placed my wallet and just renewed my Motorbike and Car license for 5 years each. Lucky after a few hours I was able to remember where I left it.

Yes the service is getting better too bad the service doesn't translate into better education or driving here in Thailand.

There was no bingo when i was last there, good idea though to pass the t ime.

There was no bingo when i was last there, good idea though to pass the t ime.

A game of cards could be more interesting, anyone for round of bridge ? smile.png