Doggie hero farang wows Thais online

webfact

Does he not realize he going to end up catching something nasty from these dogs while they are licking his face .. also dont let the dogs brush themselves close to your skin or your going to catch ringworm's ? because 99 percent Thai dogs have it ?

Edited by Nicolas32

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand it he also neuters as many as he can. Which we in dog rescue also do. The main aim is gain their trust & neuter them. They have a right to life also & at least those of us who help them make sure they are not disease ridden by vaccinating them. Frankly I am disgusted by many of the comments here. The problem is people not dogs. People get puppies, abandon them, never think of being responsible & neutering them. And so we have this terrible problem with stray dogs. Not everyone likes dogs of course but the disregard for the a use, starvation & suffering these animals endure is appalling

I'm very glad I don't live anywhere near this bloke and his eighty disease ridden, mangy curs. The stray dog problem is bad enough in this Country without individuals such as this feeding the bloody things. 50K a month, I'll bet there's many a Thai orphanage that could do with that sort of money rather than this bloke wasting money on these creatures.

OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things.

"OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things."

You won't get much slack from anyone with that kind of attitude. He's chosen to help dogs, others choose to help people. If he can afford it, good for him.

It's not taxpayers money and unfortunately in this country, the governments have failed miserably in controlling the stray dog population. Too many Thais see and buy a cute puppy at the market, pet shop etc and when it matures, they discard it.

It is people (not the gentleman in the article) who have created the stray dog problem in Thailand. Here is someone with a good heart who is doing something about it. Using his own money to feed, and keep healthy a bunch of dogs that others have abandoned while also trying find them permanent homes. Too bad there are more than a few Thai Visa users who have nothing good to say about anyone or anything.

I'm very glad I don't live anywhere near this bloke and his eighty disease ridden, mangy curs. The stray dog problem is bad enough in this Country without individuals such as this feeding the bloody things. 50K a month, I'll bet there's many a Thai orphanage that could do with that sort of money rather than this bloke wasting money on these creatures.

OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things.

Dear me fella, this guy is doing a decent thing and he doesn't deserve your post.

You sound like a bitter old git,, and as for orphanages, well there are millions of charities that are worthwhile and although people (and especially kids) come first if everyone thought like you no other worthy causes would get help. There is after all money from the likes of you for the orphanages which I am sure you already donate generously too.

Try not to stress yourself out today..coffee1.gif

How anyone can let a bunch of dogs lick his face is beyond me. Probably just after a crutch clean or a hello dolly with another dog. Yuck!

A dog's mouth isn't any dirtier than your own. Different germs but the same amount.

Doesn't mention if any Thai's felt compassionate enough to sling him a few hundred baht to help out.

It also didn't mention how likely it was that the first post following the story would be one seizing the opportunity to throw in a little speculative Thai bashing, quickly followed by all the negative verbal diarrhea from those whose sole contribution to any problem is kvetching and moaning.

Edited by Suradit69

I struggle to comprehend the mentality of people who

a) put so much time, effort and money into taking care of animals.

B) move to a foreign country and try to impose their own values, habits and ideals upon that country and

c) touch the filthy, disease ridden creature that a soi dog is.

I would rather spend the time, money and effort on my family.

The majority of Thai people do not care about the soi dog problem. Otherwise there wouldn't be a problem. Most of them would think that this guy is a nutcase. And they might not be far wrong!

go play in Thai traffic.

Anyway good luck taking care of these dogs ...

Thailand's Disease Control and Veterinary Services Say's Stray Dog Population Out of Control

BANGKOK – The Director of the Bureau of Disease Control and Veterinary Services, Prapas Pinyocheep, said on Monday, Thailand urgently needs a new approach to control the stray dog population.

Director Prapas Pinyocheep, said the current program is not working and public health is being placed at risk, latest nationwide survey of the dog population, in 2014, concluded there were around 8.5 million dogs in Thailand.

He said about 700,000 of them were considered to be strays, and about half of this group, 340,000, were females. As a single female could produce as many as 10 pups a year there was the potential for the stray canine population to be bolstered by up to 3.4 million animals every 12 months.

Stray dogs were unclean, caused noise pollution and road accidents, and spread pestilence — particularly rabies.

Full story: http://www.chiangrai...of-control.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-08-11

Dear me fella, this guy is doing a decent thing and he doesn't deserve your post.

You sound like a bitter old git,, and as for orphanages, well there are millions of charities that are worthwhile and although people (and especially kids) come first if everyone thought like you no other worthy causes would get help. There is after all money from the likes of you for the orphanages which I am sure you already donate generously too.

Try not to stress yourself out today..coffee1.gif

Spot on Gazzpa! Well said. Edited by djayz

I thought it was a nice story (for a change). Fair play to the man. It can't be easy keeping so many dogs. I for one admire his committment.

I usually feed 3 soi dogs which hang around our gate but that is nothing compared to what Michael is doing.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by djayz

The bigger question here is why would he take care of animals before humans...

cool.png move to a foreign country and try to impose their own values, habits and ideals upon that country and

The majority of Thai people do not care about the soi dog problem. Otherwise there wouldn't be a problem. Most of them would think that this guy is a nutcase. And they might not be far wrong!

You know a whole lot of Thais are commending his efforts and he has had meetings with local officials in Chon Buri about getting the soi dog situation under control and some of them adopted? He is trying to a good thing but here you are with your toxic musings.

cool.png move to a foreign country and try to impose their own values, habits and ideals upon that country and

"I would rather spend the time, money and effort on my family. "

Who says he doesn't spend his time, money and efforts on his family? Maybe he has enough time and money to manage more than you are capable of.

move to a foreign country and try to impose their own values, habits and ideals upon that country

Many of those who are complaining about this guy spend their time, money and efforts at getting drunk and laid while complaining about the values, habits and ideals of Thais and Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69

I take care of a pack of stray dogs who live remote (not near people at all). Initially 2 or 3 animals were left behind there by Thai workers who had dug out (restored) a large water reservoir for a couple of weeks and then they got puppies of course. When I discovered them most were starved, sick, exhausted and 2 dying (see vid attached, dog died 2 days later). Now, the pack is healthy, I do walks with them everyday in the remote hills, after I started feeding them another local person started feeding them too (just rice leftovers but suits them fine!) and these animals are happy and jolly and so am I. People who don't like that are sickos...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=61675B740D09611E!52120&authkey=!AKY_HMSsiLj2xM0&ithint=video%2cmp4

Couldn't agree more. Same with foreigners cleaning up beaches after Thais dumping their trash there. We are here to sit back and enjoy the sites and sounds of Thailand and not performing work that by the way we are not legally allowed to do in the first place.

I struggle to comprehend the mentality of people,,, well like you.

He is a good guy, and is doing something of value. This post says Thai people are applauding his kindness so seems your view that Thais don't care is wrong. Read the headline "faring wows Thais online"

I take care of a pack of stray dogs who live remote (not near people at all). Initially 2 or 3 animals were left behind there by Thai workers who had dug out (restored) a large water reservoir for a couple of weeks and then they got puppies of course. When I discovered them most were starved, sick, exhausted and 2 dying (see vid attached, dog died 2 days later). Now, the pack is healthy, I do walks with them everyday in the remote hills, after I started feeding them another local person started feeding them too (just rice leftovers but suits them fine!) and these animals are happy and jolly and so am I. People who don't like that are sickos...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=61675B740D09611E!52120&authkey=!AKY_HMSsiLj2xM0&ithint=video%2cmp4

Good job to you sir! wai.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Has he thought at all about desexing these creatures, and putting a permanent end to the generations of suffering????? Most of these dogs are disgusting and do NOT make Thailand attractive to tourists, they are everywhere, and then there is the food and faeces everywhere, WHY??? For the animals sake, please desex them, and make it possible for them to be feed and looked after.....

Has he thought at all about desexing these creatures, and putting a permanent end to the generations of suffering????? Most of these dogs are disgusting and do NOT make Thailand attractive to tourists, they are everywhere, and then there is the food and faeces everywhere, WHY??? For the animals sake, please desex them, and make it possible for them to be feed and looked after.....

Most sextourists are also disgusting and do NOT make Thailand attractive to tourists, they are everywhere. Please desex them too whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

It has been said several times in this thread that he is working with the Chonburi authorities to vaccinate, sterilize and find a home for these dogs.

Read the thread before you start your whining.

Nice to see an expatriate do something more than just complain about stray dogs. The truth is many foreigners all over Asia have multiple strays. Glad somebody is getting some accolades . The fellows who use to own a famous restaurant in Lupini Ville reportedly looked after 80 dogs.

Saved on garbage collection?