If you thought the Thailand’s roads were dangerous - take a look at this!

webfact

If you thought the Thailand’s roads were dangerous - take a look at this!

ro.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA:-- A Thai family had a very lucky escape as a giant advertising hoarding toppled over in high winds flattening a downtown Korat bus garage yesterday, reports Daily News.

The fifty metre tall and seventy metre wide hoarding buckled and fell crushing the garage in the area of the three way Pak Thong Chai intersection in downtown Nakhon Ratchasima.

Workers and a family seeing the huge hoarding flapping in the wind fled the garage just seconds before it came crashing down severely damaging the building and five buses resulting in an estimated 20 million baht of damage.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-28

so nature does its thing,

driving is something complete different,

your point?

I think there may be some validity in the headline. I don't think it was just nature, but shoddy planning and work that helped bring this down. Lucky (this time) that no one was killed.

" crashing down severely damaging the building and five buses resulting in an estimated 20 million baht of damage. "

so here 5 buses and a building cost ( only ) 500.000 euros as in France or in Germany one normal modern coach cost 200,000 to 300,000 euros .

I say at every people I meet here in Thailand that buses or coaches I can see here are older than the ones I was driving in Europe 50 years ago !

I say at every people I meet here in Thailand that buses or coaches I can see here are older than the ones I was driving in Europe 50 years ago !

And still charging the same fare as they did in Europe 50 years ago.

your point?

I think there may be some validity in the headline. I don't think it was just nature, but shoddy planning and work that helped bring this down. Lucky (this time) that no one was killed.

Obvious question - did the owner / constructor get permission to erect this giant signage?

" crashing down severely damaging the building and five buses resulting in an estimated 20 million baht of damage. "

so here 5 buses and a building cost ( only ) 500.000 euros as in France or in Germany one normal modern coach cost 200,000 to 300,000 euros .

TIT. Short time 800thb behind my corner. in France or Germany 50€ (I guess?!). Hotel room 500thb here. In France or Germany 50€. Aso.

Apples and oranges ;-)

your point?

I'd hazard a guess the headline was alluding to the fact that it isn't only the roads that are dangerous in Thailand, but other things too.

I'd agree the headline wasn't too clear at making its point.

your point?

Obvious question - did the owner / constructor get permission to erect this giant signage?

"permission to erect this giant signage" Sorry, that can't be translated into Thai <end of sarcasm mode>

Owner of sign blames ghost's Thai's flock to area with fire crackers and drum's and dancing dragons all is well now Bus back on road 30 minutes later . Tat adds to lesser travel routes to promote tourism.

Edited by Strangebrew

I was going to offer condolences to the yellow bus but soon realized that once the massive column is removed it will be off to the body shop for some attitude

adjustments and within a week will be back on a revenue run plying Thailand's lesser known routes.. thumbsup.gif

edit to add re the headline. I think they were trying to say that the roads may be dangerous but stay away from big billboards during windy weather, they are lethal..

Edited by ratcatcher

I still think "The Thailand" has dangerous roads. I also think it has unstable structures now.

The roads, everywhere on this planet are never dangerous;

the people who are driving on are dangerous and in Thailand the vehicles also; photo shot today ; stickers to mask rust

26666286396_08f1687634_b.jpg

The sign probably fell because thieves had stolen the bolts to sell as scrap. The yellow bus will probably be back on the roads in a month. There's no way Thai mechanics will let such as nice bus go to waste!

They use Chinese buses i think. If they used coaches from Europe costing 300,000 Euros each, then probably bus drivers from Europe may not be able to come and live here?

I would guess same sort of anchoring as was used on bus stops on Jomtien road (one of which fell and broke Swede's back). About one inch of of threaded rod stuck in concrete. "Hey, if it is still standing when we finish install, hot foot it out of their before it falls"

Edited by Emster23

your point?

Is that important in Thailand ?? I don't think so money talks the rich walk.