1 day overstay ?

Hi i know this question has probarly been asked before.

I was supose to go to Laos on Sunday 1.st May with a visarun company but because of Labour day they don´t before Monday 2.nd and my extension expire on the 2.nd, so my question is will i get a stamp in my passport for overstay and will i have any problems when apply for my SETV in Vientaine and enter Thailand again?

I asked the visarun company and was told that is not a problem but now im in doubt.

Thanks

I dont have any stamps for overstay in my passport.

It seems you will be departing the country on the 3rd since the visa run company is likely starting the trip on the evening of the 2nd. You will be fined 500 baht and an overstay stamp will be done in your passport.

The one day overstay will no effect on you getting the visa or entering the country. Others have gotten them in Vientiane with much longer overstays and returned to the country.

It seems you will be departing the country on the 3rd since the visa run company is likely starting the trip on the evening of the 2nd. You will be fined 500 baht and an overstay stamp will be done in your passport.

The one day overstay will no effect on you getting the visa or entering the country. Others have gotten them in Vientiane with much longer overstays and returned to the country.

Thakns Joe

i was just worried about this after the new rules on overstay was enforced.

Just read a post about some people was arrested at the border with 1 day overstay and hold for 5 hours before released with the 500baht fine. So do you think it´s worth to go the immigration in Jomtien and get a 7 days extension? I really don´t want to get arrested.

Just read a post about some people was arrested at the border with 1 day overstay and hold for 5 hours before released with the 500baht fine. So do you think it´s worth to go the immigration in Jomtien and get a 7 days extension? I really don´t want to get arrested.

That report has not been confirmed and did say they were caught with the overstay.

You have nothing to worry about especially since you are going with visa run company. They will take care of you.

• Like 1

That report has not been confirmed and did say they were caught with the overstay.

You have nothing to worry about especially since you are going with visa run company. They will take care of you.

Okay i will trust you and the visa run company Thanks again Joe for your great help.

There may be a change in rules or enforcement but, last year I had a permission to stay until June 27th but flew out of Chiang Mai at 11:00 am on the 28th. Had no problem at all, no overstay fines or stamps. That was a year ago and I don't know if they have stopped giving that one day grace period on the way out.post-130091-0-55170100-1461827153_thumb.

There may be a change in rules or enforcement but, last year I had a permission to stay until June 27th but flew out of Chiang Mai at 11:00 am on the 28th. Had no problem at all, no overstay fines or stamps. That was a year ago and I don't know if they have stopped giving that one day grace period on the way out.attachicon.gifphoto(1).JPG

That is only at airports. It is not done at border crossings.

• Like 1

There may be a change in rules or enforcement but, last year I had a permission to stay until June 27th but flew out of Chiang Mai at 11:00 am on the 28th. Had no problem at all, no overstay fines or stamps. That was a year ago and I don't know if they have stopped giving that one day grace period on the way out.attachicon.gifphoto(1).JPG

I have had a one-day overstay without a stamp before and one with a stamp before.... I think it depends on the person that you meet in the queue. I suspect proper procedure is to hand you over to the one that processes the overstays, but some just don't bother doing that.... but that is just a guess... it has been maybe 3 years or so since the last one so my memory is fuzzy a little.

The Visa run companies exit Thailand at 6 am

You will have no problems but if you are worried get a 7 day extension and then go on your visa run a few days later, the visa run companies go to Laos twice a week, for example you could go on the 6th or 7th, thus maximizing the extra 7 days you have

The Visa run companies exit Thailand at 6 am

You will have no problems but if you are worried get a 7 day extension and then go on your visa run a few days later, the visa run companies go to Laos twice a week, for example you could go on the 6th or 7th, thus maximizing the extra 7 days you have

A bit late to get the 7 day extension that costs 1900 baht. He would have to go to immigration today or Monday since his permit to stay ends on the Monday the 2nd.

Going today he would gain no days since the only day he can apply for the visa is Tuesday. The embassy will be closed on Thursday the 5th (and possibley Friday the 6th).

A few years ago I often extended from one day my visa limit. At this time it was already 500 baht a day late but the fine started only from 2 days late.
If this rule is still valid our friend will not even have to pay 500 baht.
  • Like 1

A few years ago I often extended from one day my visa limit. At this time it was already 500 baht a day late but the fine started only from 2 days late.
If this rule is still valid our friend will not even have to pay 500 baht.

That is only done at airports as I wrote in an earlier post. He is departing at a border crossing.