Anyone come accross Hoi sin sauce here?

Kenny202

As previously mentioned by someone else, RIMPING Supermarkets in Chiang Mai , or at least the "Airport Branch" has it.

They ran out a few weeks ago but I requested it and they had supplies within a few days.

RIMPING has been excellent ... about ten years ago, I asked for Hoi Sin Sauce, an assistant said he was sure they had it and went to check his Stock Sheets to locate some for me.

It is a MUST HAVE for Dim Sum and sadly the Management of MK Restaurants where they serve a reasonable Dim Sum, have over the past Decade taken NO NOTICE of my written requests for them to provide Hoi Sin Sauce. I even started taking my own jar of it to try and SHAME them into getting it... no result !!!

It is a MUST HAVE for Dim Sum

Are you sure about that? In all my years I've never heard of hoisin sauce being used with dim sum. Is it a regional peculiarity? Much more normal are Worcestershire sauce, chilli oil and a mix of vinegar/soy sauce/chilli oil.

Hoisin is a standard product at Tops Markets, they always stock it

Kenny; Tops in KK, it's in the same aisle as olive oil, vinegar. Last aisle at the back of the store, top shelf

post-97442-0-06440700-1461891221_thumb.j

Edited by GinBoy2

Hoisin is a standard product at Tops Markets, they always stock it

Kenny; Tops in KK, it's in the same aisle as olive oil, vinegar. Last aisle at the back of the store, top shelf

good on u mate. Ur a legend :-) Might of missed it because looking for a bottle. I might have a crack at making some too...sounds easy as