Using smartphone in the dark may cause permanent blindness, Dept of Thai Health warns

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whine whine whine....don't do that it will make you blind....don't do that it will grow hair on your palms.....hmmm

In the old days you were told that jacking off would cause blindness. Honestly.

Although we moved deviated off the Smart Phone issue, prior to the 20th century jacking off was believed to be the cause of a wide range of physical and mental illnesses including epilepsy, paralysis, impotence, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, feeble mindedness, and insanity.

This is why British and American doctors began recommending circumcision primarily as a deterrent to masturbation.

The US still carries on chopping, it puts multi-billions into the pockets of the doctors every year. The UK stopped because it was not considered "value for money" on the national health.

My granny told me I would get hairy palms.

MEDICAL ALERT: Looking at that same smartphone in the dark AND having a wank will make one go blind even quicker!

And if you are charging the phone to prevent power loss at the crucial moment, the ensuing explosion could cause severe mutilation or worse to the exposed member.

What a bunch of BS. I worked over 34 years in a petrochemical plant. 12 hour shifts sitting in front of over 8 monitors all night with dimmed lights in the control room in the evening. Only problem I have is age related needing reading cheaters other than that my eye sight is perfect. And I do have a smart phone and tablet.

I can think of another example where it is claimed that an excess of self enjoyment, night or day, can cause blindness. Perhaps Dr Vajira Phengchan has been experimenting with that theory also which has affected his judgement and resulted in him coming up with this preposterous warning about smartphones.

Complete BS !!!

It's the same BS as not using any lights on your motorcycle or car, because the electricity for that will be charged on your electrical bill.. Still many people believe this. But what can you expect in a country with an average IQ of 82. In the land of the blind, one-eye is king !

Uh, I'll go ahead and call complete and utter BS on this. How could someone who calls himself a doctor come up with this tripe? He should be relieved of his position immediately.

But he's a Thai official....no need for facts.

Thais can't really win in the TV environment. If they stick their necks out and make an authoritative statement, they are howled down by the Thai-bashers. If they say nothing, they are castigated as bludgers.

The doctor making the assertion may have a truckload of clinical studies to support his assertion. The fact Thai Visa does not provide meaningful data is not his fault.

Many years ago, a doctor in Perth, Australia linked mesothelioma with asbestos exposure. His findings were ignored for 20 years.

The tobacco industry for decades has made an art form of ignoring the statistical link between lung cancer and smoking.