Just released Pattaya snatch thief offends again - then accident puts him back in jail

Jonathan Fairfield

Just released Pattaya snatch thief offends again - then accident puts him back in jail

post-137452-0-46756300-1461937975_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A Pattaya snatch thief released from jail a few days ago was at it again - but ended up in a heap on the tarmac after colliding with a Russian.

After snatching a woman's bag on a motorcycle in Sukhumvit Road yesterday he dashed off towards Jomtien and crashed into a Russian's bike coming off and seriously hurting himself.

Police found Narong Chanrasami, 23, lying in the road with multiple injuries and his Honda Wave overturned nearby.

Also hurt slightly on the elbow was a Russian man, also a motorcyclist,who was involved in the collision with the fleeing suspect. Narong was taken to Banglamung hospital.

post-137452-0-22592700-1461938011_thumb.

Also on the scene, some 500 metres from the Grand Condominium three way intersection, was Jirajorn Saenphot, an Udon native, a lady motorcyclist who Narong had robbed further up the road.

Her bag contained an ID card, credit card and some cash.

Police said that Narong had been released from prison last Saturday where he served time for snatch theft. He was charged with snatch theft again and police added negligent driving for good measure.

He was detained by police.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-29

And the Russian has a problem.

(Rented) bike damaged and no one to compensate. wink.png

Quite right. Even if he owns the bike same problem.

I wonder if the police still managed to fine him for something.

At least he didn't need to invest in the hospital.

I have a few friends in the Thai Police Force and one of their biggest complaints is just how short prison sentences can be and how quickly convicts are released.

Same in the UK

A 2//3/4 year sentence should be just that. Nothing less. Add on more for bad behaviour.

What this country needs is a new big prison. Every day we read of perps that should be sent there. Perhaps the prison should be called Inactive Post , all useless plod could be sent to work there so the risk of being sent to Inactive Post might make them do their job properly.

This maybe a bit harsh but if they started canning some of these criminals instead of 500 bt fine and short jail sentence then maybe it will reduce crime. Once they get that they will always remember it and won't want to repeat that experience for sure.

Post number 14 was spot on. The Thai Penal Code sets the sentences for most offences and sometimes police use that for immediate fines and the Courts, not police, set any jail terms if things get to that stage. This applies to the Ladyboy round ups which can only apply small loitering fines and many other cases for which TV posters bash police.

Thailand has a long way to go with what they air on TV... How the Police conduct their job and what the kids learn in school.

When a kid can ride the parents bike to school, no helmet, no license and no consequences, is it any wonder they grow up thinking the same way....

This maybe a bit harsh but if they started canning some of these criminals instead of 500 bt fine and short jail sentence then maybe it will reduce crime. Once they get that they will always remember it and won't want to repeat that experience for sure.

I agree with canning them. Have to mince them first though otherwise they won't fit in the cans !

I have a few friends in the Thai Police Force and one of their biggest complaints is just how short prison sentences can be and how quickly convicts are released.

To put a different perspective on jail time, my Thai brother in law was convicted of a crime he did not commit.

Had the crap beaten out of him by the cops until he was forced to sign a confession, to make the beatings stop.

4 years in prison.

It works both ways, unfortunately.

Edited by soihok

If I saw a bag snatch I would love to knock the snatchers of their bike, (accidentally, of course)...rolleyes.gif

Well done to the Russian, hope the pain in his elbow was not long lasting.

Edited by Basil B