How much would be my Condo Electricity Bill?

BKK 62 sq m. 2 bedroom. Usual utilities plus computers for total say 16 hours / day. AC on for an hour or so before bedtime 23- 25 degrees then fan and widows open with fly screens. Fan much of the day too. Usual bill just under 1000 baht. Last bill average ~4 baht per unit. One bedroom does have the advantage of the room below having their AC on 24.7 which keeps the floor cool.

Amazing discussion! Now that we've got the electricity bill sorted, what's the least I could get away with spending on food? Which colour buses are the cheapest? I like eggs, can anyone tell me which size are the cheapest and quickest to boil?

Amazing discussion! Now that we've got the electricity bill sorted, what's the least I could get away with spending on food? Which colour buses are the cheapest? I like eggs, can anyone tell me which size are the cheapest and quickest to boil?

please be specific!

-eggs soft, medium, hard?

-quail, chicken, duck, goose, ostrich?

-aircon running in cooling mode when boiling eggs?

If im correct a 1,5 ton airco is 18000 btu, which means 5.27527925 kWh, every hour full running

http://rapidtables.com/convert/energy/BTU_to_kWh.htm

So 12 hours full running 12X 5.27527925 kWh= 64 kWh, so assume 50% = 32 kWh

Probably it will not, but depends on how the condo is situated, is it on sunny site, or just beneath roof?

Also the condition of the airco, maintenance, when was it last filled up again or checked?

Same with your fridge, and how many times you open the fridge?

How many persons are there and have a shower each day? The device in your shower is electric and consumes aswell about 3 kWh for an hour full running. Many things as your pc, coffeemachine (if you like coffee) it all adds up.

But ok you have many outcomes from other condo people , so you have an idea.

You can always take actions to reduce, as for LED lamps or reflecting foil on the windows, reflecting curtains

If im correct a 1,5 ton airco is 18000 btu, which means 5.27527925 kWh, every hour full running

http://rapidtables.com/convert/energy/BTU_to_kWh.htm

So 12 hours full running 12X 5.27527925 kWh= 64 kWh, so assume 50% = 32 kWh

incorrect mate! you are mixing up the cooling capacity with the energy drawn by the aircon.

both are stated in kWh but are two completely different pairs of shoes.

as already mentioned in this thread, an 18,000 btu/h aicon draws between 1.7 and 2.0 kWh electric energy depending on individual efficiency (e.g. old/new model).

It depends on how big the room is. 8 baht is an apartment rate, if in a condo you can get your own account at a much better rate. But just for giggles...I have a 35 sq meter room and pretty much never run the AC just use a big 18 inch fan...laptop all day...lights not so much and fridge 24x7. My electric is about 60 units used at 8 baht = 480 baht monthly. If I used the AC every day...maybe about 1700 to 2500 baht.

may i respectfully suggest that you have your AC cleaned and refilled with gas.it really makes a difference, those figures seem way too much.

It depends on how big the room is. 8 baht is an apartment rate, if in a condo you can get your own account at a much better rate. But just for giggles...I have a 35 sq meter room and pretty much never run the AC just use a big 18 inch fan...laptop all day...lights not so much and fridge 24x7. My electric is about 60 units used at 8 baht = 480 baht monthly. If I used the AC every day...maybe about 1700 to 2500 baht.

may i respectfully suggest that you have your AC cleaned and refilled with gas.it really makes a difference, those figures seem way too much.

May I respectfully suggest that if you think 480 baht per month is a lot (at 8 baht per unit) you might clean the dust off your calculator. The room (and AC) unit are brand new...no need for recharge.

Never use the air con in Thailand. Wow dude, when I read this, i automatically felt 10 degrees hotter.

Now I know what people mean when people say they come here to experience this wonderful weather.