Any suggestion on some hidden destination one can explore in Thailand?

The only thing you need to know is Sukhumvit soi 4. Still relatively undiscovered, and a great venue for curious urban anthropologists. Everything you could possibly need in Thailand is right there on soi 4 Sukhumvit. No need to venture any further into the murky netherworld called Thailand.

Depends what you like to do ?, History/Culture/Monuments/Nightlife/Entertainment/markets/Crafts the list goes on.

If you can expand a little, people may be able to make more suggestions.

I would second a comment above about exploring the beaches south of Hua Hin down to Chumpon. There are some really nice spots down there. Very quiet and admittedly not a great deal to do but some of the scenery is very nice. Likely you'd have a whole beach to yourself if you visited in the week,

Khao Lak, on Thailand's west coast has it all - beautiful scenery with mountains and waterfalls around, three national parks in immediate vicinity, 3 watertfalls you can visit by bicycle, Phang-Nga with reclining Buddha in a cave nearby, biggest fresh water lake nearby, best dive sites at the doorstep, great selection of international and Thai restaurants, great live music places (Happy Snapper), no water scooters, no speedboats, no red light districts, no go-go bars, no violence, perfect and almost deserted beaches in the northern and western areas. Check it out!!!!

Pakweep-Beach-01.jpg

Edited by MockingJay

If you like beaches, Ao Manao beach at Prachuap Khiri Khan, few tourists, lovely clean safe beach.

Sala Kaew Ku, the whacky sculpture park at Nong Khai is a must see. I've been back four times and kids love it. They are two off the top of my head. Enjoy your travels my friend.

post-83525-0-47164200-1462178144_thumb.j

Im not going to knock Prachuap Kiri Khan to Chumphon beaches , but they are pretty much beaches for those who like to wade.

The water lacks clarity as well and the opportunity to visit tropical islands limited.

As mentioned above , Khao Lak and the Phang Nga area on the Andaman seaside are much better for water sports , and the landscape far less dry if you wish to see tropical jungles and waterfalls etc as well.

Having said that Im not sure any of the locales I have mentioned are a "secret"...

For mountains and scenery, the Northeast corner, Chang Rai, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Nong Khai.

If you want beaches and coastline, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Pranburi, Chumphon

As far as NongKhai goes, where do you mean in particular? I live in NongKhai city, and aside from the Saturday night market along the Mekong River boardwalk, and it being a gateway to Laos, I'm not seeing much around here but treeless rice fields. I would love to be missing something and have some new places to go :-)

If you like history and a different experience off the beaten track look at places like Ban rak thai, Umphang, Pang ung, Mae Hong Son, Nan province. If your group are however more mainstream there are many places as stated by other members.

Everybody will have his own story about magic places but they are just dreaming their lives, nothing is unexplored in Thailand.

You haven't seen my back garden mate...................coffee1.gif

Another recommendation for Ao Manao beach at Prachuap Khiri Khan. Not full of Tourists and that reflects in the prices of food, drink and places to stay. It's around an hours drive of Hua Hin.

All of the places recommended are famous for one reason or another. you need something that only Thai people know and tourists rarely visit. The waterfalls of Nakhon Nayok and the Dam there are quite the sight to see, why not try your luck there?

Soneva Kiri is a nice little getaway that avoids the crowds (it's a little pricier, but well, that's what keeps the crowds away). The only slight negative in my experience is they use a pretty old Cessna (from Bangkok) to bring folks to the resort.... they should invest in something newer and perhaps to add to the experience, make it a seaplane ride Maldives style.

Perhaps its good to know how many days you will be here and where. Just Bangkok or Bangkok + beach destination. Most folks are giving good destinations that are far away, but really not much around the area other than natural scenery. Since you say its 1st time for many in the group, many of the recommendations here won't be good for people who want a feel of Bangkok / Thailand. I say stick with the touristy stuff first on the 1st trip.

Sight seeing during the day follow by eating / drinking / sociliazing at unique restuarants and places at night...

You are here 1st time and with a tour operator ?? And you want to change the tour operator's schedule/locations ??!!!

There are many fools on TV - true - but surely you can just be open and honest.

You want to know where TV members recommend quiet places in Thailand to visit - for whatever 'real' reason you have.

Then give me a real reason and I will respond.