May 1, 201610 yr Good day . I would like to know what's my best option for my visa . (EXCEPT WORKING VISA)I am a Filipina currently holding a NON-O visa (Which I got from working in a Foundation here in Thailand).As of now my contract for the Foundation just ended few days ago . (I would not be working with them again, so I could NOT extend my NON-O visa)I've been here in Thailand several times (4 Times) using a Tourist visa .I wish to stay here longer as my boyfriend is living here .What are my best option now to stay in the kingdom ? Where is the best place to go to apply for a Tourist Visa ?(I'm currently residing in CHIANG MAI) (I've done all my tourist visa application in Thai Embassy in MANILA)Do you think they would still allow me to get a tourist visa even if I already had 4 tourist visa before ? (4 tourist visa within 12 months).
May 1, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ?
May 1, 201610 yr Author You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ?
May 1, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon.
May 1, 201610 yr Author You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon. I got my current visa also in Philippines . I've heard about doing visa runs in myanmar (mae sai border) but I'm not sure if I could apply a tourist visa there . So may only option is Laos I guess ?
May 1, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon. I got my current visa also in Philippines . I've heard about doing visa runs in myanmar (mae sai border) but I'm not sure if I could apply a tourist visa there . So may only option is Laos I guess ? At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa.
May 1, 201610 yr I was speaking to a driver from one of the visa companies on Friday in Vientiane and he was pretty adamant that people can have only 4 tourist visas for Thailand in their passport. I tried to tell him that you can get them from different consulates in other countries but he was arguing with me that can only have 4 in your passport. He then of course tried to sell me on an ED visa which at that point I just walked away. Has anyone heard of such nonsense in regards to this.
May 1, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon. I got my current visa also in Philippines . I've heard about doing visa runs in myanmar (mae sai border) but I'm not sure if I could apply a tourist visa there . So may only option is Laos I guess ? You cannot get a visa from Myanmar without going to Yangon where the Thai Embassy is situated.
May 1, 201610 yr I was speaking to a driver from one of the visa companies on Friday in Vientiane and he was pretty adamant that people can have only 4 tourist visas for Thailand in their passport. I tried to tell him that you can get them from different consulates in other countries but he was arguing with me that can only have 4 in your passport. He then of course tried to sell me on an ED visa which at that point I just walked away. Has anyone heard of such nonsense in regards to this. I have not heard any other report of anything similar in Vientiane. There are reports of Phnom Penh limiting applications based on total tourist visas, however.
May 1, 201610 yr Author At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa. Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ?
May 1, 201610 yr Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ? Yes, a tourist visa (available in Vientiane for 1000 baht, apply in the morning, pick up passport and visa following day in the afternoon) can be extended for an additional 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration. You apply for the extension within a final week of your original 60-day permission to stay.
May 1, 201610 yr Author Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ? Yes, a tourist visa (available in Vientiane for 1000 baht, apply in the morning, pick up passport and visa following day in the afternoon) can be extended for an additional 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration. You apply for the extension within a final week of your original 60-day permission to stay. Wonderful Thank you so much
May 1, 201610 yr Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ? Yes, a tourist visa (available in Vientiane for 1000 baht, apply in the morning, pick up passport and visa following day in the afternoon) can be extended for an additional 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration. You apply for the extension within a final week of your original 60-day permission to stay. OP, please have a look at an older thread on this website. A visa is a can, not a must. If the wrong officer thinks that four times being in Thailand on a tourist visa only is enough, they can just say no. Please see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893252-can-a-filipino-get-a-single-entry-tourist-visa-in-vientiane/ P.S. Ubonjoe is the right guy to answer this question. Edited to add: I've read your OP again and wanted to warn you about Thai laws. Your last day of employment is usually the day when your visa ends. No idea if you have to pay tax, but please be aware that your visa ended on your last day at work. Please make sure that you don't have a big surprise in form of an overstay. I guess your Non-O was based on voluntary basis? The laws have changed and it became a serious offense to overstay. Best of luck. Edited May 1, 201610 yr by lostinisaan
May 2, 201610 yr At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa. The OP would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossings since they are from the Philippines. But they could apply for a 30 day extension at immigration since their entry is not from a bilateral agreement. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html They would though get a 30 day visa exempt entry to Laos.
May 2, 201610 yr I was speaking to a driver from one of the visa companies on Friday in Vientiane and he was pretty adamant that people can have only 4 tourist visas for Thailand in their passport. I tried to tell him that you can get them from different consulates in other countries but he was arguing with me that can only have 4 in your passport. He then of course tried to sell me on an ED visa which at that point I just walked away. Has anyone heard of such nonsense in regards to this. I think they were talking about getting back to back tourist visas at Vientiane. They do not count visas issued from the other embassies or consulates.
May 2, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon. Read her post again and see if you can spot where she said she got her visa
May 2, 201610 yr Author Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ? Yes, a tourist visa (available in Vientiane for 1000 baht, apply in the morning, pick up passport and visa following day in the afternoon) can be extended for an additional 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration. You apply for the extension within a final week of your original 60-day permission to stay. OP, please have a look at an older thread on this website. A visa is a can, not a must. If the wrong officer thinks that four times being in Thailand on a tourist visa only is enough, they can just say no. Please see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893252-can-a-filipino-get-a-single-entry-tourist-visa-in-vientiane/ P.S. Ubonjoe is the right guy to answer this question. Edited to add: I've read your OP again and wanted to warn you about Thai laws. Your last day of employment is usually the day when your visa ends. No idea if you have to pay tax, but please be aware that your visa ended on your last day at work. Please make sure that you don't have a big surprise in form of an overstay. I guess your Non-O was based on voluntary basis? The laws have changed and it became a serious offense to overstay. Best of luck. WHAT ? Am I overstaying even if my visa will be due on MAY 10 ? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me .
May 2, 201610 yr Author At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa. The OP would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossings since they are from the Philippines. But they could apply for a 30 day extension at immigration since their entry is not from a bilateral agreement. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html They would though get a 30 day visa exempt entry to Laos. Thank you Sir So if I would do an exit in Mae Sai and re-entry Thailand I would get 15 days (That's because I'm Filipina) and I could go to Chiang Mai Immigration and extend i for more 30 days ? So in total I would get 45 days ? Did I get it right Edited May 2, 201610 yr by pinksuitcase
May 2, 201610 yr At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa. The OP would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossings since they are from the Philippines. But they could apply for a 30 day extension at immigration since their entry is not from a bilateral agreement. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html They would though get a 30 day visa exempt entry to Laos. Thank you Sir So if I would do an exit in Mae Sai and re-entry Thailand I would get 15 days (That's because I'm Filipina) and I could go to Chiang Mai Immigration and extend i for more 30 days ? So in total I would get 45 days ? Did I get it right I doubt you will be allowed to get a visa exempt entry at Mea Sai.
May 2, 201610 yr Author At land borders, no visas are issued (for the pedantic, a few nationalities can get 15-day visas on arrival at a few border points). At land borders, it is possible to get a "visa exempt" entry. You would not be able to get one at Mai Sai. You could get a 30-day visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong (border with Laos). Warning: you could almost certainly do this a couple of times. If you try to do it repeatedly, they will probably give you problems, telling you to get a proper visa. The OP would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossings since they are from the Philippines. But they could apply for a 30 day extension at immigration since their entry is not from a bilateral agreement. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html They would though get a 30 day visa exempt entry to Laos. Thank you Sir So if I would do an exit in Mae Sai and re-entry Thailand I would get 15 days (That's because I'm Filipina) and I could go to Chiang Mai Immigration and extend i for more 30 days ? So in total I would get 45 days ? Did I get it right I doubt you will be allowed to get a visa exempt entry at Mea Sai. I guess I'll just go to laos to be sure that I will be allowed to re-entry Thailand again .
May 2, 201610 yr A off topic post and the expected replies to it that included bickering have been removed.
May 2, 201610 yr Why doesn't your boyfriend man up and buy you a Thailand Elite visa for 500K baht so you can come and go for the next 5 years with no questions asked? If I ever get myself a nice Filipina girlfriend, that's what I'd do.
May 2, 201610 yr Why doesn't your boyfriend man up and buy you a Thailand Elite visa for 500K baht so you can come and go for the next 5 years with no questions asked? If I ever get myself a nice Filipina girlfriend, that's what I'd do. 500,000 baht may not be a massive sum, but it is not exactly an impulse purchase either. It is the kind of thing I might consider if other options are eliminated or have conditions too onerous to comply with.
May 2, 201610 yr Author Popular Post Why doesn't your boyfriend man up and buy you a Thailand Elite visa for 500K baht so you can come and go for the next 5 years with no questions asked? If I ever get myself a nice Filipina girlfriend, that's what I'd do. He is man enough to know that this isn't worth it . I don't want him to spend such a ridiculous money just for me to stay in Thailand . If in the future that I won't be allowed to enter the kingdom anymore (due to I got so many Thailand stamps on my passport) we may just consider moving out of the country . But as of now we are looking for better ways for me to stay here as long as possible
May 2, 201610 yr Sounds like my option now is to do a visa run in Laos . If I applied for a tourist visa in Laos will I get a 60 days ? and could I extend that for another 30 days in Chiang Mai Immigration ? Yes, a tourist visa (available in Vientiane for 1000 baht, apply in the morning, pick up passport and visa following day in the afternoon) can be extended for an additional 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration. You apply for the extension within a final week of your original 60-day permission to stay. OP, please have a look at an older thread on this website. A visa is a can, not a must. If the wrong officer thinks that four times being in Thailand on a tourist visa only is enough, they can just say no. Please see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893252-can-a-filipino-get-a-single-entry-tourist-visa-in-vientiane/ P.S. Ubonjoe is the right guy to answer this question. Edited to add: I've read your OP again and wanted to warn you about Thai laws. Your last day of employment is usually the day when your visa ends. No idea if you have to pay tax, but please be aware that your visa ended on your last day at work. Please make sure that you don't have a big surprise in form of an overstay. I guess your Non-O was based on voluntary basis? The laws have changed and it became a serious offense to overstay. Best of luck. WHAT ? Am I overstaying even if my visa will be due on MAY 10 ? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me . <snip> As of now my contract for the Foundation just ended few days ago<snip> Contract ends= extension of stay ends. You wrote that you're on a Non-O visa/extension, you aren't married to a Thai citizen and I guess you aren't retired either, right? Here's a part of lopburi's ( the Mod here) post from another thread: You just need to apply for a non-immigrant visa. As volunteer they will give you a non-immigrant O visa. For volunteer work you normally need to volunteer with a government organisation or a registered charity. Without a work permit you are not allowed to work, even volunteer work. For volunteer work you will get a non-immigrant visa for 90 days. This you can extend to one year at immigration, and every year after that. Note that when you stop your volunteer work you will have to leave the country when you are on an extension of stay. Please see: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/201175-volunteer-visa/ Does that make any sense you you? While I was trying to help you out, you are trying to make a joke. That doesn't make sense to me.
May 2, 201610 yr Why doesn't your boyfriend man up and buy you a Thailand Elite visa for 500K baht so you can come and go for the next 5 years with no questions asked? If I ever get myself a nice Filipina girlfriend, that's what I'd do. 500,000 baht may not be a massive sum, but it is not exactly an impulse purchase either. It is the kind of thing I might consider if other options are eliminated or have conditions too onerous to comply with. We have no idea of the nationality of the OP's boyfriend and his financial situation. Personally, if the only choice of staying in Thailand was forking out 500k for a special visa, I'd find somewhere else to live. I would consider that a desperate option not worth the money.
May 6, 201610 yr You can attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. Is your "visa" (obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate outside Thailand) still valid or are you now on overstay ? Sorry I forgot to indicate that to my post . Current visa will be due on 10th of this Month . Is vientiane the nearest place where I can get a visa ? how about myanmar ? do they issue visas ? You do not say where you got the current visa . Myanmar would be a poor choice if you want a tourist visa involving, as it does, a visa and travel to Yangon. Read her post again and see if you can spot where she said she got her visa (I've done all my tourist visa application in Thai Embassy in MANILA)
Create an account or sign in to comment