Bottle Murderer Sentenced to Life in Prison

webfact

Bottle Murderer Sentenced to Life in Prison
by CityNews

life-sentence.jpg

CityNews – The Bottle Murderer, 53-year-old Phra Chusri, who brutally sodomized a woman with a bottle and murdered her last Songkran in 2015, has been finally sentenced to life in prison.

The judgement was made exactly one year after his arrest, on April 17 2016. The murder happened during Songkran 2015.

The judgement was made at Chiang Mai Provincial Court. Police Colonel Weerayut Prasobchokchai, the superintendent of Muang Chiang Mai police station, told the press that he was sentenced to life in prison.

Judges were going to sentence him to death, but as he confessed the murder, he was given a life sentence.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/bottle-murderer-sentenced-life-prison/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-05-02

Don't you find the jovial mode and the smirking of the top brass there present a bit out place?

As for the man, he got what he deserve, and every morning he wakes up to realize he in jail for life......

The court filed a murder charge with a death sentence and used life sentence as a bribe for a confession.

How lame does any society have to be that they cannot see how this allows cops and courts to frame people and cause them to implicate themselves fictionally for something they didn't do in order to get off easier while making the cops and court appear to have admirable, albeit stitched up, conviction rates.

I wonder if those teens in Samui got life in prison for killing that foreigner a year ago or so with a broken bottle.

Well you might wonder, because this, like so many other cases, has just dropped out of sight and out of mind. I reckon we might take an educated guess on this one and that would be....no.

The court filed a murder charge with a death sentence and used life sentence as a bribe for a confession.

How lame does any society have to be that they cannot see how this allows cops and courts to frame people and cause them to implicate themselves fictionally for something they didn't do in order to get off easier while making the cops and court appear to have admirable, albeit stitched up, conviction rates.

Deals are done everywhere in the world. Esp USA, where plea bargaining is the norm.

Don't you find the jovial mode and the smirking of the top brass there present a bit out place?

As for the man, he got what he deserve, and every morning he wakes up to realize he in jail for life......

And he will be properly sodomized on a daily basis, I hope...

Lifewill be hard, painful and short for this man. I amsure there are thoe that willnot like him and eant him to feel what it was like for the lady.

Might be a good idea, if you read what you have written before you post, your comment leaves a lot to be desired i assume you have a space bar....

I think my friend you need to check most western legal systems.

Most trials now are done this way.

The biggest ones are rape, murder or torture so that families can not have to relive the details.

Courts will show leniency if you plead guilty.

If a person is innocent and can prove it then they have no reason to make a deal

I'd sooner have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy or a bottle up the back 'o me.

That was the joke in the station at the time.

...really!

Yeah' the old ones are the best .........

If I may ask please from curiosity, does life in prison in Thailand mean for the term of his natural life and Is a lifer eligible for a term reduction through the KIng's annual amnesty for prisoners? Thank you.

It can happen in a civilised country too. Brian Banks, an American footballer confessed to raping a student on the advice of his lawyer to avoid the death penalty. It was found several years later that the victim fabricated the story to get compensation money from the school but not after he spent his best years in prison destroying his football career.

It can happen in a civilised country too. Brian Banks, an American footballer confessed to raping a student on the advice of his lawyer to avoid the death penalty. It was found several years later that the victim fabricated the story to get compensation money from the school but not after he spent his best years in prison destroying his football career.

I think the locals might object to the use of "it can happen in a civilized country too". Thailand is perfectly civilized; it may not match your own expectations but that doesn't change the fact that it's civilized.

I think the locals might object to the use of "it can happen in a civilized country too". Thailand is perfectly civilized; it may not match your own expectations but that doesn't change the fact that it's civilized.

Bad choice of words, I apologise. I think my point is clear anyhow.