Man gored to death by wild boar in Ratanakkiri

geovalin

A Ratanakkiri province man was gored to death by a wild boar on Sunday. Ket Chem, chief of Patang commune in Lumphat district, said that Orch Mou, 32, and Tey Neang, 31, had set out with four dogs, a crossbow and a machete to hunt squirrels in a forest inside an economic land concession belonging to DM Group, about 7 kilometres from their village.

At about 11am, the two Tompuon men’s dogs began to bark as the boar approached. “They shot the wild boar with several chhor chork,” he said, referring to snake venom-tipped bolts traditionally employed by ethnic minority groups. “But it did not die.”

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/man-gored-death-wild-boar-ratanakkiri

Wow - don't mess with the "pigs"! Apparently it pulled him down from the tree, and was "shot" about 20 times taking an hour to die!

It went to a good cause though - they eat it at his funeral!

I saw one when we were going to the beach in Rayong. It just rummaging through the garbage on the side of the road then laid down to have a snoose. It was pretty big but wasn't agresive at all. Suprised me to see it.

I saw one when we were going to the beach in Rayong. It just rummaging through the garbage on the side of the road then laid down to have a snoose. It was pretty big but wasn't agresive at all. Suprised me to see it.

Probably wasn't aggressive because you weren't trying to shoot it!