Why is the U.S.Dollar heading south?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so certain. People dismiss this man as a reality TV super star. Really? I wonder why? He is a self made for the most part BILLIONAIRE

110% inherited, he's done nothing but mismanage his father's fortune & cheat people.

Clearly a know-nothing who discusses US govt default, isolationism, & other hairbrained schemes is not going to be conducive to confidence in the USD.

The dollar is not heading South, at 34 Baht to the Dollar no one should be complaining, except us Canadians who are getting 27 Baht to the Dollar.

Up until 1972 the Canadian Dollar was always worth more than the U.S. Stop whining. Wait till it goes back to 30 Baht per dollar.

I like graphs:

Seems to be moving in a Northeasterly direction. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifRose.jpg

Yes...NE...which means up for those who don't get it. And more like NNE as the $ is up almost a full baht since this thread was started just 3 weeks ago!

Guess the OP could just as well reverse his query now. Nothing goes straight up, but the trend is up, has been for 5 years and likely continuing. 5 year chart...

post-216783-14638407857344_thumb.jpg

Just opinions, of course, but here are two conflicting views.

Yes, very conflicting. Billionaire Mark Cuban believes that there would be "huge, huge, losses for stocks if Trump wins."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/16/investing/mark-cuban-stocks-tank-donald-trump/

It's an election year. People will say anything and everything. 'Usually simply because one has to get super-hyperbolic to be heard above the crowd. And fear-mongering is the biggest tool in that toolbox. (Or you could go the approved Democratic way and try to silence the other party's rallies with some good old-fashioned violence.)