Agents available for Non O extension.....Marriage?

harness

Why you guys can not get these simple things figured out on your own? Agents make it worse for everyone in the long run, it's more than enough corruption in CNX already, they have enough to live from. Go and do your homework.

Why you guys can not get these simple things figured out on your own? Agents make it worse for everyone in the long run, it's more than enough corruption in CNX already, they have enough to live from. Go and do your homework.

They are also expensive ,but that may not matter to some .

Well, some people want to make sure they have all their "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed. In addition to the very good Assist Thai Visa (well documented by Dave2) the other ThaiVisa.com visa sponsor, O.S. Thai Visa, does a very good job, too, with marriage visas. Their charges are very similar Assist Thai Visa, so it's really a question of which is more conveniently located for you.

http://www.chiangmaivisaservice.com/

True not every one here needs to be conservative. Many are smart enough to know they can't take it with them and have enough money to use an agent with out hurting their life style.

Agents are a great asset to the situation.

They take up less time thereby allowing staff to see more people.

Mildly expensive - and a down right deal if you factor in time and aggravation.....Costs 12000B for visa - 90 day check in's done & multiple entry......

Take away the check in's & the multiple entry - you end up paying about 600B per month......Some guys spend more than that a month on ice for their beer......

I went for a residence cert a month ago.....It was about 13:30 - chatted with a couple that had been there since before 6 for their 90 day - they were still sitting/waiting when I left 45 minutes later.....

So for my 12000 or about 1000 per month I get chrystal clear paperwork - up to date with all the newest wrinkles pre-ironed out (no chasing down copies or copiers).....No show 90 dayers.....The best and most current advice/answers/reminders/service ......Hassle free scheduling.....One time a year for less than an hour spent at immigration & and I'm virtually finished - ease of schedule....Promenada is not a user friendly place....

I've heard that other places are slightly cheaper but I have a track record at TVA.....

PLUS - a few years back I had a snafu (my mistake) - went in & they handled it @ N/C in a day....

So - while I don't pay for beer ice (I'm already ahead) it's worth it to me to pay the 550-1000B per month just for ease of my schedule and peace of mind....

If someone likes to jump through hoops and take part of the machine work of the experience driving/tuktuking/riding to an inconvenient place & hours invested in wasted waiting to save a few pennies (probably spent wandering around Promenada anyway) - more power to them.....

I will use G4T Company that is next to Immigration at the Promenade in Chiang Mia

Much cheaper very fast and very easy

I thought about that too - but for the 90's the other place is an easier drop off for me with no parking hassle....Seems redundant to go next store for the 90 days - for the 90 days....

A few trips to the Dukes would blow up any money saved on the visa real quick anyway......

Maybe next year if they are still there....See how the track record/wind blows on the new place....

No problem go the cheapest counting time spent gasoline and money wanted by agent that should be the guide nothing else. You are not buying a service not a lover

Edited by HenryB

It always amazes me how any discussion around visa agents in Chiang Mai reverts to playground level remarks. It is an individual choice; if you don't want to use an agent then don't; easy as that.

Personally prefer Assist Thai Visa for services in the past as find them efficient. Would rather pay for their help as Immigration always changing the requirements. As someone already shown there office is in ChiangMaiLand.

Good luck!

I saw something a couple of days ago about a bloke being number 12 in the queue at Airport Immigration (where they do marriage visas) and it was 11pm the night before. Also, there was something a few weeks ago about the queue being alive and well when someone had arrived at 2.30am.

I think even I would pay an agent in that particular circumstance.

(Can't testify to the truth of either, but both seemed very credible.)

I will use G4T Company that is next to Immigration at the Promenade in Chiang Mia

Trouble is that G4T isn't really a full service visa agency. You're paying for them to jump the queue for you at Imm. Prom

and ONLY at Imm. Prom. won't do the OP any good since he's looking for a marriage extension. That service isn't performed

at Imm. Prom. Sorry. Last I heard, G4T wasn't capable of jumping the queue at Imm. Airport.

Mildly expensive - and a down right deal if you factor in time and aggravation.....Costs 12000B for visa - 90 day check in's done & multiple entry......

Take away the check in's & the multiple entry - you end up paying about 600B per month......Some guys spend more than that a month on ice for their beer......

I went for a residence cert a month ago.....It was about 13:30 - chatted with a couple that had been there since before 6 for their 90 day - they were still sitting/waiting when I left 45 minutes later.....

So for my 12000 or about 1000 per month I get chrystal clear paperwork - up to date with all the newest wrinkles pre-ironed out (no chasing down copies or copiers).....No show 90 dayers.....The best and most current advice/answers/reminders/service ......Hassle free scheduling.....One time a year for less than an hour spent at immigration & and I'm virtually finished - ease of schedule....Promenada is not a user friendly place....

I've heard that other places are slightly cheaper but I have a track record at TVA.....

PLUS - a few years back I had a snafu (my mistake) - went in & they handled it @ N/C in a day....

So - while I don't pay for beer ice (I'm already ahead) it's worth it to me to pay the 550-1000B per month just for ease of my schedule and peace of mind....

If someone likes to jump through hoops and take part of the machine work of the experience driving/tuktuking/riding to an inconvenient place & hours invested in wasted waiting to save a few pennies (probably spent wandering around Promenada anyway) - more power to them.....

So you admit to still having difficulty, even with them holding your hand. Also, online check-ins work fine, my last three have been easier than catching a red taxi. Res Certificate? You either do it once and get a Yellow Book, or get bothered with it periodically for ever.....seems like an easy choice. Many here prefer the hard way, and some even pay a premium to get assistance doing things the hard way. The way things change around here, how will you be able to tell,when they've started using their own stamp?

So you admit to still having difficulty, even with them holding your hand. Also, online check-ins work fine, my last three have been easier than catching a red taxi. Res Certificate? You either do it once and get a Yellow Book, or get bothered with it periodically for ever.....seems like an easy choice. Many here prefer the hard way, and some even pay a premium to get assistance doing things the hard way. The way things change around here, how will you be able to tell,when they've started using their own stamp?
Me?

No difficulty.....15-20 minutes office time and done for the year....

Years ago when I lived closer to Chom Thong the 90 day trips & getting up at 3AM got tiresome after a few years of it + the good vibes at the old immigration office went south as it got more & more crowded & less user friendly....Many were ill prepared or some requirements changed & many were frustrated.....Slowing everyone else down....

I opted for the agent & still do = end of inconveniences....

I'll take your word about the red car difficulty factor - never use them - in fact neither red or yellow are out our way....If we have someplace to be we just jump in a car.....We have a busy house with a teenager & 8 y/o with different schedules, schools, & activities......

Can't tell from your post whether you are "for" or "against"......It goes in circles of salvos.....

Hopefully - getting back to the OP - hope he got his answer out of this quagmire we've all created from his one simple question/concern....If he feels an agent would be helpful for his first marriage extension, he's probably right.....

You only have to look at the Marriage Extension/Requirements thread to see how muddled & murky the the pitfalls are.....

Edited by pgrahmm

So there we have it folks. No answer to the original question.

The original question was are there any agents? The second question was how much?

The first response was a yes along with a picture of the building and the address.

So there we have it folks a Troll post.

The second question did not get answered because most didn't care they wanted to put their little nonsense in. One poster did give a price that he paid that included more than the extension. He was unable to break it down.

Maybe you would like to have some one come pick you up and hold your hand as you go through the process of supplying the information the agent would need then take you home and tuck you in.

Star Visa 8,000baht.

I think that's about the going rate....7,000/8,000 B

I think it is. I was in there today and asked about it. That is what she said.

I was in there for a different reason but thought as long as I was there I would ask.

Trouble is that G4T isn't really a full service visa agency. You're paying for them to jump the queue for you at Imm. Prom

and ONLY at Imm. Prom. won't do the OP any good since he's looking for a marriage extension. That service isn't performed

at Imm. Prom. Sorry. Last I heard, G4T wasn't capable of jumping the queue at Imm. Airport.

Thanks I did not know that

But if what you say is true that is endorsement of G4T since they have Juice to jump lines they know their where around

It`s going to cost close to 8000 baht at assist Thai visa, which includes the 1900 baht visa fee and probably the same at other agencies except for the cheaper G4t that doesn`t do marriage extensions,. Either that or suffer the intolerable agony and psychological trauma of taking your chances queuing at immigration, which is bad for us and a blessing for the agencies. Cheaper in the long run to get a divorce.

People married to Thai spouses can simply get retirement visas, you know. There's no rule that says they HAVE

to get a marriage visa.

There are rules for applying for a retirement extension.

Have to be 50 or over and 800000 baht in a Thai bank or the equivalent pension income of 65000 baht a month or a bit of both. You will be surprise the amount of 50s and overs that don`t have the 800000 baht.

People married to Thai spouses can simply get retirement visas, you know. There's no rule that says they HAVE

to get a marriage visa.

Have to be 50 or over and 800000 baht in a Thai bank or the equivalent pension income of 65000 baht a month or a bit of both. You will be surprise the amount of 50s and overs that don`t have the 800000 baht.

Interesting.

Surprise us and tell us how many.

to get a marriage visa.

Interesting.

Surprise us and tell us how many.

42 ;)