Aussie Passport

What do I need? How long does it take?

I will have perhaps 10 days of my leave. It is full of chops.

I do not have a birth cert. or any other form of I.D. Just my passport, and it is full, perhaps one stamp room left, I haven't even got there yet which will require two stamps. What do you think?

BTW, I am in Azerbaijan. We are lucky to have a pub, never mind an Aussie embassy.

I applied for mine in December last year. Things have changed a bit.

We have a new high secuity PP now. So much so, that the bastards in Australia have made it so that all new PP's must be issued through either Canberra, Washington or London. Means in BKK it is a 10 day wait for a new one to come through.

You can apparently apply for an temporary express passport though, available in 2 days, but with only 4 pages in it. You pay more for it though, but you can then upgrade to the new u-beaut version when you have extra time for no extra cost. May or may not temporarily suit your needs.

you'll need a couple of things, either another australian citizen who has known you for a year, or some eminent person in Thai society...Doctor, lawyer, etc to vouch for you on the form and sign the back of your photos as well as the form.

You'll also need some other forms of ID, such as Drivers license, medicare, credit cards etc.

If you don't have any of those things, again, there are ways around it, but it may mean that the whole process takes alot longer.

Plus, you'll have to go back down to Suan Phlu and have your stamps transferred too.

Hmm, definately time to do something about it. Unfortunately mu Azeri work permit and multi entry visa are in this old passport, do you know if I apply for the temporary express passport can I attach it to my exisitng passport? hence keeping my WP Multi entry alive?

Cheers samran.

You should contact your embassy in Moscow which takes care of Azerbaijan and ask them what to do. 

Question I have is doesn't your company take care of all this for you? 

TH

Unfortunately I am a contractor Thaihome, my company does F/A for me, whats more they are an Azeri company which means it is even harder to get them to even do F/A. My chandalier fell down in the apartment about 2 months ago, I got the safety department to sort it out, I filled in a near miss report as I was sitting about 1 metre away from where it landed. The saftey mob did inspections of all the apartments light fittings, my company (agency) sent some maintainence people over to fix it, when i got home I found the chandelier in my closet and two bare wires hanging out of the ceiling. I still have the light in the closet and the two bare wires in the ceiling :D

Luckily I have an Earth leakage device because there are major problems with the wiring, this is obvious to me because it trips 3 or 4 times a day, whenever I turn something on.

Remember sometime ago I was leaving BKK with my wife and baby? Well we got to the airport, tickets in hand only to be refused our flight by TG, the tickets my agency gave me were not acceptable by TG, I have just been organising with them to get visas for the family, the visas are US$250 each with a US$350 charge by the agency, I need one each for the wife and kid. Do the math.

doesn't your company take care of all this for you? 

They should, but it is just too hard and too expensive, but then again This is Azerbaijan :D

My mate married his Khazak girlfriend and needed 150 pages of documents translated from Russian to English and certified, the agency did it for him, and then charged US$50 per page for the translation, imagine his surprise when the bill came? 150 * US$50 = US$7500 :o

You should contact your embassy in Moscow which takes care of Azerbaijan and ask them what to do. 

Question I have is doesn't your company take care of all this for you? 

TH

Unfortunately I am a contractor Thaihome, my company does F/A for me, whats more they are an Azeri company which means it is even harder to get them to even do F/A. My chandalier fell down in the apartment about 2 months ago, I got the safety department to sort it out, I filled in a near miss report as I was sitting about 1 metre away from where it landed. The saftey mob did inspections of all the apartments light fittings, my company (agency) sent some maintainence people over to fix it, when i got home I found the chandelier in my closet and two bare wires hanging out of the ceiling. I still have the light in the closet and the two bare wires in the ceiling :D

Luckily I have an Earth leakage device because there are major problems with the wiring, this is obvious to me because it trips 3 or 4 times a day, whenever I turn something on.

Remember sometime ago I was leaving BKK with my wife and baby? Well we got to the airport, tickets in hand only to be refused our flight by TG, the tickets my agency gave me were not acceptable by TG, I have just been organising with them to get visas for the family, the visas are US$250 each with a US$350 charge by the agency, I need one each for the wife and kid. Do the math.

doesn't your company take care of all this for you? 

They should, but it is just too hard and too expensive, but then again This is Azerbaijan :D

My mate married his Khazak girlfriend and needed 150 pages of documents translated from Russian to English and certified, the agency did it for him, and then charged US$50 per page for the translation, imagine his surprise when the bill came? 150 * US$50 = US$7500 :o

You are in the wrong line of work Leith. :D

It is all relative Doc, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't :o

but I sure am looking forward to getting home and retiring when I am 35...

We have Kitty now, she is 4.5 months old, we are now planning for Candy :D:D