Songkhla warned against eating beef from cows deceased of unusual symptoms

webfact

Songkhla warned against eating beef from cows deceased of unusual symptoms

SONGKHLA, 4 May 2016 (NNT) – Songkhla Provincial Public Health Office chief Sanphong Rittiraksa said that rabies in cows may be infected by rabies virus like in other animals.

In Thailand, rabies-infected cows were usually bitten by a rabies-infected dog or cat. It has been reported that there are about 60 cows infected with rabies per year.

People are advised to immediately report on cows which have died of unusual symptoms to the District Office of the Livestock Department for inspection. The beef from cows which have died of unusual symptoms must not be eaten or distributed for any reasons.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-04 footer_n.gif

If people actually need to be told this, I almost kinda think they maybe better off eating it.

unless you butcher your own cows ,how are you supposed to know what they died of ??

You don't have a home autopsy kit at home? You don't check your beef before you eat it?!

On a serious note: Has this entered the 'normal' food chain yet (grocery store beef, mainstream restaurants, etc. ?)

" People are advised to immediately report on cows which have died of unusual symptoms to the District Office of the Livestock Department for inspection. "

Yeah right, and lose tens of thousand of baht by doing the right thing by other people? NOT in Thailand, where

each man is for himself and god forbid he/she will lose money by being a responsible citizen.......

Just did a quick google on the signs and symtoms of rabies in cows:

Sudden change in behavior

Progressive paralysis

Ataxia

Abrupt cessation of lactation in dairy animals

Hypersensitivity/alertness

Abnormal bellowing

Paralysis of the throat

Drooling

Head extension

Bloat

Choking behavior

I fear I may be infected already, and, I am certain that a lot of the people I know are definately in the later stages of infection.

'.....said that rabies in cows may be infected by rabies virus like in other animals.'

I wish I knew what this means.

HaHa,I was the same------ I read it 3 times slowly but still couldn't make any sense out of it. In fact the more you read it the funnier it gets.cheesy.gif

.....this is alarming....

...seems like they are not revealing all the details.....

...normally they can eat almost anything.....

...hope they are not hiding a mad cow disease outbreak.......

...to not tarnish the country's image or affect tourism....or the economy....

If people actually need to be told this, I almost kinda think they maybe better off eating it.

unless you butcher your own cows ,how are you supposed to know what they died of ??

As if we are toild. this is why I buy only Australian beef here in packages I see are from Australia and I defrost myself.

USA beef here is a disgrace and I am sure no person in the USA would dream of eating what they call US beef here. I see US beef in the Philippines and It is the SAME as I see in stores and shops in the USA. I think they get only the rubbish here and charge an arm and a leg trying to make the highly overpriced rubberised thai beef seem good value. OMG what next dog meat sold as chicken?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

You are what you eat, most Thai's look like that have rabies anyway especially the ones that work in and around the tourist bars and clubs

That would he HIV.