Thai husband kills wife then takes her to the temple to be cremated

webfact

when they were drinking on Tuesday evening. He said he hit her two or three times with a torch.

demon drink takes another victim,not much money but they can always find it for a drink.

regards worgeordie

I don't suspect they were drinking a 12 year old malt whisky, probably a 10 baht fix of lao kao, to take the pain away from living in abject poverty, something no one on TV has ever had to experience.

Regards,

thaiduncankk

Yep, sitting on your bar stool in an aircon bar or your well furnished aircon apartment sure beats being a rag and bone man and makes it so easy to select what expensive booze you might choose to drink next.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when they were drinking on Tuesday evening. He said he hit her two or three times with a torch.

demon drink takes another victim,not much money but they can always find it for a drink.

regards worgeordie

I don't suspect they were drinking a 12 year old malt whisky, probably a 10 baht fix of lao kao, to take the pain away from living in abject poverty, something no one on TV has ever had to experience.

Regards,

thaiduncankk

Yep, sitting on your bar stool in an aircon bar or your well furnished aircon apartment sure beats being a rag and bone man and makes it so easy to select what expensive booze you might choose to drink next.

Really, I do not get your point ?

regards worgeordie

Regards,

thaiduncankk

Really, I do not get your point ?

I was agreeing with you re worgeordie, easy to criticise.

What is the formal procedure following the death of a Thai National. Surely a qualified and certified person has to be brought in the examine the assumed deceased and a death certificate issues to enable administrative recording. At the very least the Puyaibahn would be informed, If the examiner suspects death was not from natural causes then the police would be informed and the death investigated.

Surely temples (Wats) are only permitted to accept bodies for cremation on production of identification of the deceased and a certificate from local authority?

I don't think that the 'temple undertakers' were suspicious until they asked for the papers and the husband was unable to produce them.

Well, according to earlier findings with murder stories in Thailand (performed by Thais) all he need to say is "I was angry and/or drunk" to receive the understanding and sympathetic nod from all RTP officers present at the time and a free ride home after paying the obligatory 500 Baht fine... What's all the fuzz about?

Edited by MockingJay

A Rag and Bone Man can afford to live and for him and his wife to get drunk?

I must be in the wrong line of business.

Same here, i just got the bill for the new school term for my son,new uniforms,new books and my stepdaughters bill for the university fees are coming up, i'm worth more dead than alive.

regards worgeordie

Regards,

thaiduncankk

Nobody need starve in Thailand and thats my definition of abject poverty. Can afford booze can afford to save and build yourself a better life, no need to make weak excuses for them.

regards worgeordie

Regards,

thaiduncankk

Nobody need starve in Thailand and thats my definition of abject poverty. Can afford booze can afford to save and build yourself a better life, no need to make weak excuses for them.

I can't agree with you there, when i first met my partners two daughters who had to live with their poor grandparents while she worked they were seriously undernourished and doing badly at school, now 11 years later they are well fed and happy the 15 year old is a grade A+student and the 20 year old is at university. Not only can you starve here you can also die of a treatable illness if you are poor.

regards worgeordie

Regards,

thaiduncankk

So the thousands of people here, scavenging through litter bins looking for discarded plastic bottles, hoping to, maybe, get 20 baht a day for their efforts, with nowhere to live, are not living in abject poverty ?

I am not making weak excuses, but looking at reality.

I don't see anything unusual.

Thai kill 2 years old babies with broom, brutally attack people for brushing pass them, or just kill crippled man for fun when drunk.

He will apologize and all will be well again.

Its not just a Thai issue, cases like this happens everywhere even in countries like US and Germany.....but perhaps in Thailand it just happens more frequently

4 gruesome murders and 3 violent attacks in a week, it's unheard of here or in my country which has the same population.

Even more worrying are the lack of adequate the punishments, which sends clear messages to criminals they can get away with it.

This place is turning into chaos.

Thai kill 2 years old babies with broom, brutally attack people for brushing pass them, or just kill crippled man for fun when drunk.

You just have to find comfort knowing that they'll suffer more for it in their next life.

Wow you know some thing I don't , what next life ? How much do I have to pay to get one,?

Its not just a Thai issue, cases like this happens everywhere even in countries like US and Germany.....but perhaps in Thailand it just happens more frequently

No I think you are wrong. The reason it gets reported more here is because this site is Thailand based.

If you want reports of murders in Germany go to a German forum. If you want reports of US murders then try a US based site.

It really is that simple.

No I think you are wrong. The reason it gets reported more here is because this site is Thailand based.

If you want reports of murders in Germany go to a German forum. If you want reports of US murders then try a US based site.

It really is that simple.

And if you want reports of UK murders, no need to go to any forum, just read any of the Local, not National, UK newspapers, happens everyday.

You just have to find comfort knowing that they'll suffer more for it in their next life.

Wow you know some thing I don't , what next life ? How much do I have to pay to get one,?

Everyone gets another(& another!)chance.

Look at it like progressing class(grade)by class through a school system.

We are all here to learn.

No monetary cost, but you may have to learn some hard lessons along the way.

In the USA we have just under 50 murders per day. Of course we have a significantly larger population. And our murder rate is down significantly since I was a kid. The number of murders by firearms alone (I know this lady was not shot) in the past 40 or 50 years eclipses the number of Americans killed in battle since the founding of the country. So Thailand is not alone in creating murderers.

America does not have 60 million citizens (it has 320 million) and this thread has nothing to do with America so no idea why you seek to divert attention

Yes but how many put the wife in a cart and wheel her to the nearest temple to be cremated in places like US and Germany

4 gruesome murders and 3 violent attacks in a week, it's unheard of here or in my country which has the same population.

Even more worrying are the lack of adequate the punishments, which sends clear messages to criminals they can get away with it.

This place is turning into chaos.

Yup some countries have less, some more, just pointing out that USA does have a very high crime rate...so its not unheard of in a developed country.

Yes, I do agree, the lack of law enforcement is probably one of the main factors for so many Thais to be so hot headed. Many believe they can just pay their way out of jail, or that they are above the law because their dad/uncle/etc is some influencial figure.

The place is not turning into chaos, people are just more connected to the interent hence news spread faster and people are more aware of crimes with sites like Thaivisa.

Yes but how many put the wife in a cart and wheel her to the nearest temple to be cremated in places like US and Germany

ask any Thai what is the proper procedure for a dead person...they will just say hospital, temple, prayers, cremated...

So this guy was on the right track, but just not the crime part and reporting it to the police.

Temple, Prayer, Cremation is what they are known to do...some temples don't even look at death certificates, in this case it was suspicious because the way the man brought the dead wife and no relatives wrere present. If you put your wife in the box, bring in a bunch of relatives, the temple would have cremated the body....Bu

But yea, I was pointing out weird crimes happens everywhere ...

Edited by mike324

In the USA we have just under 50 murders per day. Of course we have a significantly larger population. And our murder rate is down significantly since I was a kid. The number of murders by firearms alone (I know this lady was not shot) in the past 40 or 50 years eclipses the number of Americans killed in battle since the founding of the country. So Thailand is not alone in creating murderers.

America does not have 60 million citizens (it has 320 million) and this thread has nothing to do with America so no idea why you seek to divert attention

He made the comparison because one poster suggested that Thailand has more murders than other countries.

UK has a similar population than here, and has a lot more murders. However, as this is Thaivisa, a forum about Thailand, they are never reported on here.