Where to renew thai driving licence 5yrs with elite visa ?

Wow. That's not much service for half a million baths.

I would certainly rather have them help for these situations instead of the limousine at Suwa or discount at golf courses...

Ok i've heard that someone got his 5 yrs at Banglamung DLT with elite visa only.

It's been my experience that you can do it in your local DLT office..

Both my wife and self had originals from BKK but renewed in Rayong.

Usual procedure re have WP or res'cert and medical cert visa or extension etc.

Now it's a full day job to do. See my post re system in Rayong.

Now sure hoe Elite could help as you have to be there to take the tests and have your photo taken for the machine to print your ID style new licence.

Ok i've heard that someone got his 5 yrs at Banglamung DLT with elite visa only.

The first I have heard of the TE visa enabling fast-track DL renewal. The earlier advice to call their hot-line and ask is what I would do. How long ago did your last 5-year DL expire anyway? And do you live down Banglamung way (but from your TV name I think I know the answer already)?

I got my 5yrs driving license renewed without the help of TE.

But give them a call and ask for their assistance. Probably makes things easier.

Where did you go to get it done ? Their "assistance" will only get you 1 yr license instead of 5 yrs. To avoid at all costs.

I got my 5yrs driving license renewed without the help of TE.

But give them a call and ask for their assistance. Probably makes things easier.

Where did you go to get it done ? Their "assistance" will only get you 1 yr license instead of 5 yrs. To avoid at all costs.

First license is now for 2 years I believe.

I renewed mine in February with the help of TE Visa.

Just make an appointment with TE visa member service to meet you at MoChit Land Transportation Department.

I could have done it alone, but it was great being shadowed by their representative pointing me in the right direction. I don't think it took more than an hour to get both car and motorcycle 5 year licenses renewed.

Not to be pedantic but is the Non Immigrant visa obtained by joining the Thai Elite scheme, really called an Elite Visa ?

Is it that hard to believe that a visa offered by "Thailand Elite" is called a "Thai Elite Visa"?

But, actually, on www.thailandelite.com their 5-year visa is officially called "Privilege Entry Visa."

Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any

Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at

Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.

Renewal of a previous 5 year driving licence in Chiang Mai (not main office) Does not require medical certificate or residence, they want your old licence, your passport, photo copies of visa, re entry if available, current entitlement to stay, and your entry card (copy)

It would be worth taking a copy of your wifes blue Tabien Bahn as they may ask for it just for the hell of it.

Renewal from the old 1 year temporary to 5 years or the renewal of the new 2 year to 5 years requires a new medical certificate, it only costs 20 Baht at most clinics here.

And for the bikers out here, in a post I mentioned a while back, it is looking much more likely that there is going to be a new test and licence ( allegedly at the end of the year) for Big Bikes - 400CC and above.

I have already had word from one of my son's mates whose old man is a Thai cop that the police are now ACTIVELY confiscating bikes that have no green book, so buyers beware, these things running around on an invoice are going to be snapped up by the cops. ( They even mentioned home visits to known owners that have no green book and who have not paid road tax).

Not to be pedantic but is the Non Immigrant visa obtained by joining the Thai Elite scheme, really called an Elite Visa ?

Is it that hard to believe that a visa offered by "Thailand Elite" is called a "Thai Elite Visa"?

But, actually, on www.thailandelite.com their 5-year visa is officially called "Privilege Entry Visa."

Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any

Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at

Yes, it is kind of hard to believe when a "retirement" visa is not called a retirement visa but is called a Non Immigrant Visa for the purpose of retirement

Now I know that I can spend big Baht and have a Visa that is called a Visa and is a Visa that can be issued in Thailand

Isn't it obvious? Call the Thai Elite Visa 24-hour Call Center. You paid for the service, so why not use it?

Dude why you don't read the topic before responding ? Their service is very useless as they said they could get me only a 1 yr renewal instead of 5 yr (my old driving license is 5 yr by the way).

No way i'm going for the 1 yr license, to much hassle to go there every year.

Someone may come and correct me but if you already have had the 5 year liscense which expired 3 months ago simply go to say Banglamung DLT show expired card and they will issue you a new 5 yer card. No need to retake drivers test. Same is done if you have say a valid USA driver's you just show them the liscense do the eye and dexterity test , medical certificate and that's it. Think they will take up to 6 months expired card.

Yes, it is kind of hard to believe when a "retirement" visa is not called a retirement visa but is called a Non Immigrant Visa for the purpose of retirement

Now I know that I can spend big Baht and have a Visa that is called a Visa and is a Visa that can be issued in Thailand

If you spend "big baht" you will indeed receive visa, which is issued in Thailand, and is an actual visa, not an extension.

The visa is called PE/Privileged Entry Visa, and also shows the Thailand Elite logo... to make everyone happy :)

I attach a picture.

Isn't that beautiful :)

post-12654-1462627787827_thumb.jpg

Isn't it obvious? Call the Thai Elite Visa 24-hour Call Center. You paid for the service, so why not use it?

Dude why you don't read the topic before responding ? Their service is very useless as they said they could get me only a 1 yr renewal instead of 5 yr (my old driving license is 5 yr by the way).

Would be interested in learning how they could get you a 1 year licence. Wasn't aware that they existed.

So you will drive without a license?

Go brother...make a stand !!!!

Dude, why don't you read the entire thread before posting. Post #14 has a member that had TE help him with 5 year DL renewals for both his licenses at Morchit in Bangkok.

I would certainly rather have them help for these situations instead of the limousine at Suwa or discount at golf courses...

I thought the Elite visa was 2 million Baht?

Expired 3 month ago, they said to go to Pattaya by myself as their service is useless in Bangkok.

Renewed my license last year in Bangkok and never had a problem, very helpful they were. Maybe the person you saw had a bad day or could have been you, that is possible.

I thought the Elite visa was 2 million Baht?

Full membership (20 years) is 2 million.

Easy Access membership (5 years) is half a million.

Someone may come and correct me but if you already have had the 5 year liscense which expired 3 months ago simply go to say Banglamung DLT show expired card and they will issue you a new 5 yer card. No need to retake drivers test. Same is done if you have say a valid USA driver's you just show them the liscense do the eye and dexterity test , medical certificate and that's it. Think they will take up to 6 months expired card.

Up to 1 year expired is OK

post-44962-0-75537700-1462710666_thumb.j

• 7 months later...

I just got this reply from Thailand Elite when asking if i could renew my 5 year license with the PE-Visa:

"Regarding your previous email, please be noted that even if you become our Thailand Elite member, you will be able to obtain only 2 year Thai driving license only. Under Department of Land transport regulation, a foreigner could obtain or renew 5 year license if he/she hold Non-Immigrant visa(Working visa) and a work permit only."

I have been to the LTO and got refused. (on 30 day visa exemption) They keep saying "one year visa". No mention of work permit.

Noted that Phuket LTO also requires a medical certificate for renewal of 5 year license.. 

Archived