reentry permit

Found the r entry Visa office at the end of row h. Presented my tm8 completed with photo photo copy of my passport and Visa and the departure card. Paid 1000 baht. Waited less than 5 minutes and job done. Very efficient and friendly staff.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the TM.8 form found at this Thaivisa link...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/8-tm8-re-entry-permit-into-the-kingdom-application-form/

...is still the one that can be used now, at Suvarnnabhumi Airport?

And the required photograph is still 4 x 6 cm?

Thanks.

Yes and yes. But that form is a MSword document that will jump from 1 page to 2 pages if you don't have the correct program to open it. An alternative is this form that is a PDF file: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/8-tm8-re-entry-permit-into-the-kingdom-application-form/

Thanks.

Yes and yes. But that form is a MSword document that will jump from 1 page to 2 pages if you don't have the correct program to open it. An alternative is this form that is a PDF file: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf

Thanks ubonjoe

Does it matter if the last line is on a second page, will they not accept if you then only submit the first page (with last line missing)?

Incoming residents should note that the space for 'Visa Number' on your arrival card refers to the hand written number in your re entry permit.

Ask me how I found out smile.png

Thanks, good to know! thumbsup.gif

I assume you found out the hard way biggrin.png

• Like 1

Thanks.

Thanks ubonjoe

Does it matter if the last line is on a second page, will they not accept if you then only submit the first page (with last line missing)?

It is a single page form. They can refuse to accept it if it is more than one page or if part of it is missing. If the form opens as two pages then you don't have the correct program to open it. If tilling it out is when it jumps to 2 pages try leaving the date of birth blank which is when it goes to 2 pages with some programs. Otherwise print out the PDF form and fill it out by hand.

Incoming residents should note that the space for 'Visa Number' on your arrival card refers to the hand written number in your re entry permit.

A Quick question for Ubonjoe:

Having re entered the country I note the IO left the existing bar-coded 90 day 'report-to-us-by <date>' slip in my passport, showing a date in July. Am I required to comply with this or does the 90 days start from the date I returned to the Kingdom? Should the IO have removed the slip and given me a new date?

I did tactfully try to explain (& see my earlier observation re 'visa' no!) but am mindful of this 'face' lark and the fact that they cannot be told anything, whether helpful or not.

Thanks smile.png

Edited by evadgib

A Quick question for Ubonjoe:

Having re entered the country I note the IO left the existing bar-coded 90 day 'report-to-us-by <date>' slip in my passport, showing a date in July. Am I required to comply with this or does the 90 days start from the date I returned to the Kingdom? Should the IO have removed the slip and given me a new date?

I did tactfully try to explain (& see my earlier observation re 'visa' no!) but am mindful of this 'face' lark and the fact that they cannot be told anything, whether helpful or not.

Thanks smile.png

Immigration at airports or border crossing do nothing that has anything to do with 90 day reporting. Taking the slip out is your responsibility which is what many people do when leaving the country.

Your next report will be due 90 days form the date you entered the country.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PLEASANT EXPERIENCE FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT AT CHIANG MAI (Promenada) IMMIGRATION

Arrived recently on a single-entry (SE) Non-Immigrant type B (business) visa, receiving at CNX airport its typical 90-day permission to stay stamp expiring in mid September 2016.

With a work permit not expiring for another 18 months, in the final month before the current permission to stay would expire, I intended to assemble the paperwork for a one-year (or longer?) permission to stay, and a multi-entry re-entry permit, in order to maximize the duration of the latter two passport stamps.

Then a short, land-departure side-trip into Laos got planned by the Missus for July (so no option to use an Immigration Office in the secure international departure areas at CNX or BKK for a re-entry permit).

So I bit the bullet on having to go to the Chiang Mai Immigration Office (at Promenada for such things), I downloaded and filled out the completed form TM.8, and brought it, a photograph, B1,000, a few magazines, and NYT crosswords. I expected long lines and waits, based on the general experience of others at Chiang Mai Immigration posted at ThaiVisa.com.

Was I surprised upon my arrival about 2:00 p.m. on a Monday afternoon. Upon entering I asked at the first desk what to do, and was directed to a table on the sidewalk outside the air-conditioned waiting room. With no line whatsoever, a friendly clerk there asked to see my completed TM.8 form, my photo, the xerox copies of my passport's ID page and opposing pages with my just-used-up SE visa and the Immigration stamp to stay until mid-September, and my Baht 1,000 banknote. She reminded me to sign then and there the xerox copies.

Then she clipped a pink queue card to all the items, handed them back to me, and directed me inside to the desk marked "Re-Entry Permit". There, again, there was no line, and the Immigration Officer immediately invited me to sit down, looked over my documents and passport, put the B1,000 note into his drawer, and proceeded to imprint various rubber stamps into my passport for the Re-entry, its dates, etc. The re-entry permit was marked to expire the same day as my current permission to stay in mid-September. The friendly Officer and I engaged in chit-chat during it all.

My passport was then returned immediately, and I was asked to move one or two seats over at the same desk, where a clerk proceeded to enter the data into a computer and print me out a receipt.

After a sincere "khop khun, krop", it was over. No more than five minutes total. No opportunity to read a news magazine or start a crossword. What a surprise. Of course, other purposes for going to the Immigration Office probably do require long waits, as evidenced by the number of expatriates sitting and waiting for their names to be called.

Spent the next hour checking out Promenada, to my disappointment. It has attractive light and airy architecture, and the largest, well-stocked Rimping supermarket I have seen. But no department store (à la a Central, a Lotus Tesco, or a Big C), no office supply store, no HomePro-type outlet. And very few customers. Nothing like the variety of shops and crowds at Central Airport Plaza or Central Festival. I guess Immigration is getting a good rental rate there.