Police shoot-out with UK-registered car in France

webfact

Police shoot-out with UK-registered car in France
By Catherine Hardy | With AFP

606x341_331910.jpg

DUNKIRK: -- A British-registered car has crashed after a high-speed chase through Belgium and Northern France.

The pursuit, which ended near Dunkirk, topped 200 km an hour in places.

Four men inside were injured. Two reportedly had gunshot wounds.

All were reportedly of Iraqi nationality.

The emergency created chaos on the motorway system. A motorcyclist was killed in a related accident.

Dozens of migrants were found in a lorry in Belgium in what officials say was a linked operation.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-06

Sounds like they were really in a hurry. I wonder where they were going?

To meet their 72? virgins? whistling.gif

I never got that 72 virgins deal, I'm ok being a suicide bomber but can we get 2 or 3 sluts instead ?

Edited by Calach

I never got that 72 virgins deal, I'm ok being a suicide bomber but can we get 2 or 3 sluts instead ?

Incidentally, the ancient Arab word for those virgins is "hooris". Ever wondered where the English word "whore" came from?

It's because the then European empires and the Pope used it in their propaganda for the crusades round the 12th century to slag off Muslims, like where they where going to in death. That's when the word "Hure" appeared in the then (much different) German language and subsequently made the leap to the British isles and into the English language.

On the other hand, makes you wonder if they know more than we do. Doesn't sound like a rough estimation after all...

Incidentally, the ancient Arab word for those virgins is "hooris". Ever wondered where the English word "whore" came from?

It's because the then European empires and the Pope used it in their propaganda for the crusades round the 12th century to slag off Muslims, like where they where going to in death. That's when the word "Hure" appeared in the then (much different) German language and subsequently made the leap to the British isles and into the English language.

On the other hand, makes you wonder if they know more than we do. Doesn't sound like a rough estimation after all...

Urban myth. Etymology of whore has nothing to do with Islam.

TH

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=whore

1530s spelling alteration (see wh-) of Middle English hore, from Old English hore "prostitute, harlot," from Proto-Germanic *horaz (fem. *horon-) "one who desires" (cognates: Old Norse hora "adulteress," Danish hore, Swedish hora, Dutch hoer, Old High German huora "whore;" in Gothic only in the masc. hors "adulterer, fornicator," also as a verb, horinon "commit adultery"), from PIE *ka- "to like, desire," a base that has produced words in other languages for "lover" (cognates: Latin carus "dear;" Old Irish cara "friend;" Old Persian kama "desire;" Sanskrit Kama, name of the Hindu god of love, kamah "love, desire," the first element in Kama Sutra).

Whore itself is perhaps a Germanic euphemism for a word that has not survived. The Old English vowel naturally would have yielded *hoor, which is the pronunciation in some dialects; it might have shifted by influence of Middle English homonym hore "physical filth, slime," also "moral corruption, sin," from Old English horh. The wh- form became current 16c. A general term of abuse for an unchaste or lewd woman (without regard to money) from at least c. 1200. Of male prostitutes from 1630s. Whore of Babylon is from Rev. xvii:1, 5, etc. In Middle English with occasional plural forms horen, heoranna.

Regarding "Incidentally, the ancient Arab word for those virgins is "hooris". Ever wondered where the English word "whore" came from?

You should look up the derivation of the word whore in a good dictionary. Then you won't look so silly.