London may elect first Muslim mayor, after ugly, 'dog-whistling' campaign

webfact

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he would say that wouldn't he? I would rely on his track record over a sound bite..

Well, he voted in favour of gay marriage, so I'm guessing he's possibly not on the same side as the islamic extremists.

Well he would say that wouldn't he? I would rely on his track record over a sound bite..

Well, he voted in favour of gay marriage, so I'm guessing he's possibly not on the same side as the islamic extremists.

Perhaps he will welcome back fat Carl and his new Thai husband with open arms?

A lot on here say if your born in the UK black or white then you are a UK citizen. Fair enough so why is it when you see let's say Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, to name but a few when they win they glory in the Union Jack Flag quite rightly there flag. Then you get Amir Khan boxer born and bred fought for team GB in Olympics now when he enters the ring has Pakistani flag in support?????!!!!! Oh and some time ago when he fought in London there new mayor also carried the Pakistani flag for him. So is that dual standards or something else

Amir Khan holds dual nationality.

I think he was trying to make the point that he was actually born and bred in the UK,yet his allegiance is to another country.

As a Christian, I would never vote for a Muslim. Islam is more of a Cult than a Religion. Muslim's cannot leave Islam and if you

marry a Muslim, you must become a Muslim. It's a phony religion and more of a cult!

What happens if a Catholic bloke wants to marry a Christian bird....?

I married a Catholic lady in a Catholic church. I am not a Catholic. There was never an issue and we were married for 25 years when she was called back to her "maker"

I suggest you stop trying to make something out of nothing.

I asked a simple question, why the problem..........rolleyes.gif

I think that was a problem many years ago,certainly in some countries,if you were none RC you were required to convert to RC. Not sure if that's the case now.

As a Christian, I would never vote for a Muslim. Islam is more of a Cult than a Religion. Muslim's cannot leave Islam and if you

marry a Muslim, you must become a Muslim. It's a phony religion and more of a cult!

What happens if a Catholic bloke wants to marry a Christian bird....?

I married a Catholic lady in a Catholic church. I am not a Catholic. There was never an issue and we were married for 25 years when she was called back to her "maker"

I suggest you stop trying to make something out of nothing.

I asked a simple question, why the problem..........rolleyes.gif

I think that was a problem many years ago,certainly in some countries,if you were none RC you were required to convert to RC. Not sure if that's the case now.

Many years ago in many countries if you didnt support Vatican FC they would torture and kill you

probably the most facile, ill-informed post on the whole thread!

The most amusing thing about that post is the blind ignorance given the root of Christianity, Islam and Judeaism is one in the same and in all probabilty stolen from Egyptian religious practices specifically the monotheistic practices started by Akhenaten

This isn't about religion - as pointed out most "christians" are in reality not religious at all, as is the case with most religions including islam....... the real issue with those who want to make a big thing of it is they are racists.....hence the classic racist opening line _"I'm not being racist, they are a religion"

A couple of hundred yrs ago in the UK,the land and factory owners would instruct their managers/foremen to record who failed to attend church on a Sunday,if they repeated their absence the following week, and they could't provide an acceptable explanation,they were usually punished,sometimes even loosing their job. Thankfully those days are long gone,people are now allowed to decide for themselves. It's freedom.

Contrast this with the situation in Many Muslim communities,including in the UK, where they must adhere to the Koran as interpreted by the Imman, this may include what to eat,drink,what to wear and even how to cut your hair. They are not expected to question what they are told,just to abide by the rules,failure to do so,will then lead to peer pressure at least. This to me is not freedom.

probably the most facile, ill-informed post on the whole thread!

but contains a lot of information pertaining to the person who wrote it gigglem.gif

marry a Muslim, you must become a Muslim

says who? British law? UK constitution?

any Muslim can convert to any other religion in a secular country such as the United Kingdom.

It's not always that easy, even in the UK. Came across this story from Bradford a few months ago:

"...A father-of-six was attacked by hooded thugs with a pickaxe handle outside his Bradford home because he converted from Islam to Christianity..."

http://www.yorkshire...anity-1-7579804

people are under the illusion that candidates who are voted in with the benefit of democracy and multiculturalism will hence forth continue to embrace these sacred cows.

when in fact the new rulers could instead send all these whining white pommy bastards away as indentured slaves to africa. or worse, as shackled convicts to the australian penal colony

Edited by obese cow

people are under the illusion that candidates who are voted in with the benefit of democracy and multiculturalism will hence forth continue to embrace these sacred cows.

when in fact the new rulers could instead send all these whining white pommy bastards away as indentured slaves to africa. or worse, as shackled convicts to the australian penal colony

no they couldnt

I think some of you are rather overestimating the powers of the London Mayor.

I think some of you are rather overestimating the powers of the London Mayor.

(BSE) Bovine spongiform encephalopathy? ohmy.png

A lot on here say if your born in the UK black or white then you are a UK citizen. Fair enough so why is it when you see let's say Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, to name but a few when they win they glory in the Union Jack Flag quite rightly there flag. Then you get Amir Khan boxer born and bred fought for team GB in Olympics now when he enters the ring has Pakistani flag in support?????!!!!! Oh and some time ago when he fought in London there new mayor also carried the Pakistani flag for him. So is that dual standards or something else

Amir Khan holds dual nationality.

I think he was trying to make the point that he was actually born and bred in the UK,yet his allegiance is to another country.

Have you told him?

marry a Muslim, you must become a Muslim

says who? British law? UK constitution?

any Muslim can convert to any other religion in a secular country such as the United Kingdom.

It's not always that easy, even in the UK. Came across this story from Bradford a few months ago:

"...A father-of-six was attacked by hooded thugs with a pickaxe handle outside his Bradford home because he converted from Islam to Christianity..."

http://www.yorkshire...anity-1-7579804

This could't be true,well not according to those who wear blinkers and ear muffs.

The same for the Muslim shopkeeper in Glasgow,who was murdered by another Bradfordstan Muslim, just because he wished his none Muslim friends a happy Easter. Yet we have the apologist insinuating that no Muslims in the UK would act as such.

Edited by nontabury

Again. What a lot of crab here. Im now in a country with the largest moslim population. A well known moslim person here is married to another well known christian.

Adrie and Chrisye shared the common belief that existing religions teach all humans to do good things for happiness. With a Balinese in-law, there is now a Hindu in the family. We give our children the freedom to practice what they believe. We never offend each others religion. She (Chrisye) can put (a figure of) Jesus Christ everywhere and I can put the Holy Koran anywhere in the house, he added.

https://neldasays.wordpress.com/2009/03/

Cut all the crabs here and look at the mayor of rotterdam who is doing well and is very popular who runs a right wing city.

Again. What a lot of crab here. Im now in a country with the largest moslim population. A well known moslim person here is married to another well known christian.

Adrie and Chrisye shared the common belief that existing religions teach all humans to do good things for happiness. With a Balinese in-law, there is now a Hindu in the family. We give our children the freedom to practice what they believe. We never offend each others religion. She (Chrisye) can put (a figure of) Jesus Christ everywhere and I can put the Holy Koran anywhere in the house, he added.

https://neldasays.wordpress.com/2009/03/

Cut all the crabs here and look at the mayor of rotterdam who is doing well and is very popular who runs a right wing city.

Rotterdam has always been a social democrat city. At present the social democrats are not represented in the college, but that was the first time since the war I think. So to call Rotterdam a right wing city seems not correct.

Agree with you, he is doing very well.

Just checked, also between 2002 and 2006 the social democrats were not represented in the college.

Edited by stevenl

Bravo. He's planning a trip to Tel Aviv. If he does a great job as mayor maybe he'll be PM someday!

The Dutch have also a muslim as chairman of the "2de kamer" ? (house of representatives) drs. Khadija Arib. She is doing also well. Who knows what the future brings.......

post-177483-0-37456100-1462872761_thumb.

Well, there is a growing trend of younger western Muslims being more extremist. It seems to me full inclusion (assimilation) in these societies, an example being a moderate (giving him the benefit of the doubt) Muslim London mayor can only help younger Muslims to feel less alienated.

How about a reverse case:

A christian governor in an area with majority muslims.

The jakarta dki governor, also of chinese origin, is i think one of the most popular governor in the world now and also in his own country.

Do not forget also that indonesia had a woman president before.

The prophet Isaiah lamented, O My people! Their oppressors are children, and women rule over them (Isaiah 3:12). Isaiah is saying that women were considered ill-suited for leadership in the nation of Israel; however, the question remains whether we can extrapolate from that verse that all women are equally ill-suited for leadership of any nation at any time. Deborah led Israel (Judges 4:15:31).

http://www.gotquestions.org/woman-president.html

How about a muslim woman become prime minister later in for example majority christian holland hehehehehhe

Well, there is a growing trend of younger western Muslims being more extremist. It seems to me full inclusion (assimilation) in these societies, an example being a moderate (giving him the benefit of the doubt) Muslim London mayor can only help younger Muslims to feel less alienated.

Assimilation? be careful, that is deffo not on the books.

Assimilation? be careful, that is deffo not on the books.

There are degrees of it. It's not necessarily desirable to lose everything about your origin culture.

However, i believe it's a bad sign at the wrong time that a muslim becomes mayor. And his first office action is to defend the islam and criticize Trump for his anti-islam view? Serious?

Are there not more important things to do in London?

However, i believe it's a bad sign at the wrong time that a muslim becomes mayor. And his first office action is to defend the islam and criticize Trump for his anti-islam view? Serious?

Are there not more important things to do in London?

One could say the same of Trump...maybe keep his nose of things that dont concern him