London may elect first Muslim mayor, after ugly, 'dog-whistling' campaign

webfact

As must be obvious by now, I am anti-Muslim. I wasn't always like that and I have been turned that way because of events over the past couple of decades and as I've become more informed about their cultural norms and social mores

However, I am an optimist and can see there is an opportunity for an educated pro-British (I hope Muslim) to take action in London at least against some of the objectionable behaviour we see. As a lawyer, I wonder what his views on creeping Sharia law will be....

cultural norms and social mores?? do tell??

"In your face" dress codes and beards

Treatment of Women

Medieval laws

Female genital mutilation

Honour killings

Arranged marriages

Call to prayers disturbing the peace

Halal butchery practices

Intolerance of other religions

Birth rate

Madrasah schools

Dressing little kids in religious outfits

Failure to integrate

Forming gettos in British cities

Medieval punishments like stoning to death

Praying on aircraft in front of other passengers

Failure to appreciate a decent bacon sandwich

The last one is a joke

"Praying on aircraft in front of other passengers."

Surely not when there are children present?

You mean the second from last one wasn't a joke?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So proud of my friends back home right now.

Those of you who fear Islam - seems you're the minority, huh?

Any idea of how the different groups voted in this election?For instance did all those in Tower Hamlet who have a tendency to vote in block, place their vote for the new mayor. Again is there any truth in the accusation that postal voting in this election tended to benefit any particular candidate.

Any idea of how the different groups voted in this election?For instance did all those in Tower Hamlet who have a tendency to vote in block, place their vote for the new mayor. Again is there any truth in the accusation that postal voting in this election tended to benefit any particular candidate.

The conspiracy theorists are coming out of the woodwork already!

The conspiracy theorists are coming out of the woodwork already!

Glad to hear that you've read up on the events in Tower Hamlets. And how biased and racial voting by ethnicity played a leading role.

Edited by nontabury

multiculturalism -- all well and good until you have to actually live the reality of the buzz word. your insulated borders have made you ignorant of what is in this world and i am not going to tell you. there peoples on this planet who you definitely don't want as neighbours.

English UKIP voters in Thailand?

As must be obvious by now, I am anti-Muslim. I wasn't always like that and I have been turned that way because of events over the past couple of decades and as I've become more informed about their cultural norms and social mores

However, I am an optimist and can see there is an opportunity for an educated pro-British (I hope Muslim) to take action in London at least against some of the objectionable behaviour we see. As a lawyer, I wonder what his views on creeping Sharia law will be....

cultural norms and social mores?? do tell??
"In your face" dress codes and beards

Treatment of Women

Medieval laws

Female genital mutilation

Honour killings

Arranged marriages

Call to prayers disturbing the peace

Halal butchery practices

Intolerance of other religions

Birth rate

Madrasah schools

Dressing little kids in religious outfits

Failure to integrate

Forming gettos in British cities

Medieval punishments like stoning to death

Praying on aircraft in front of other passengers

Failure to appreciate a decent bacon sandwich

The last one is a joke

"Praying on aircraft in front of other passengers."

Surely not when there are children present?

You mean the second from last one wasn't a joke?

No joke. In business class right at the front. They asked which way was Mecca....

No joke. In business class right at the front. They asked which way was Mecca....

oh the horror!! how did you ever survive?

That's not the point. Why don't they carry out their superstitious practices in the damned prayer rooms which have to be provided. Frankly I would bar Muslims (and children) from business class.

perhaps they can replace the big ben sound with the loud speaker wailing multiple times a day that can be heard in muslim countries

Don't worry, but yet another Labour politician was just suspended for Jew hating online posting. Possibly a pal of the new mayor. Hmm.

does the new mayor hate jews?

At least one London based Jewish media organisation doesn't think so..

http://www.jta.org/2016/05/06/arts-entertainment/sadiq-khan-elected-as-londons-first-muslim-mayor-transcending-labours-anti-semitism-woes

Sadiq Khan's concern for London's Jews shames his smearing Tory foes

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2016/apr/11/sadiq-khans-concern-for-londons-jews-shames-his-smearing-tory-foes

VS.

Is it ‘Islamophobic’ to draw attention to Sadiq Khan’s links with extremists?

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/

Edited by Morch

But back to the post, I am optimistic that the new mayor will encourage his brethren to integrate and adopt British customs

Dream on he will do nothing of the sort and if he tried it would make no difference, Islam forbids making friends with the unbeliever. Rather than integrate they have been moving towards even more isolation in the past two decades

Edited by thai3

Don't worry, but yet another Labour politician was just suspended for Jew hating online posting. Possibly a pal of the new mayor. Hmm.

http://www.jta.org/2016/05/06/arts-entertainment/sadiq-khan-elected-as-londons-first-muslim-mayor-transcending-labours-anti-semitism-woes

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2016/apr/11/sadiq-khans-concern-for-londons-jews-shames-his-smearing-tory-foes

VS.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/

Post removed to enable reply.

Not exactly sure of the point you're making. However, there has been more that a few European born Muslims who became members / sympathetic to Islamist groups, but then transitioned away to become mainstream, anti Islamic radicalisation and so on. I know you're well read, but just in case you have not have come across the book before, as a good example, I can recommend "The Islamist' by Ed Husain.

VS.

Not exactly sure of the point you're making. However, there has been more that a few European born Muslims who became members / sympathetic to Islamist groups, but then transitioned away to become mainstream, anti Islamic radicalisation and so on. I know you're well read, but just in case you have not have come across the book before, as a good example, I can recommend "The Islamist' by Ed Husain.

You forgot to mention Maajid Nawaz. Now if more Muslims were open minded like him,maybe the world would be a more peaceful place.

But back to the post, I am optimistic that the new mayor will encourage his brethren to integrate and adopt British customs

Dream on he will do nothing of the sort and if he tried it would make no difference, Islam forbids making friends with the unbeliever. Rather than integrate they have been moving towards even more isolation in the past two decades

What nonsense. Extremist Islam like that espoused by Saudi Arabia do but plenty don't subscribe to that nonsense.

VS.

Khan is first and foremost a politician. Politicians are not always renowned for being consistent, or beyond adopting views which agree with potential voters. Which instances and themes are highlighted, and how these are interpreted, is a matter of choice. Thus, there are often various claims made as to a politician's views. People in general, and politicians specifically, are not always easily defined by ideological tags.

I think most of the fears expressed by those opposing Sadiq are exaggerated. At the same time, these fears are understandable considering some of the changes, events and trends relating to the UK (and Europe in general). Hopefully, Sadiq will prove to be a good mayor, which will help alleviate some of the fears and suspicion expressed. It would be interesting to observe how he tackles things, especially those pertaining to divisive political, religious and social issues.

For what it's worth, IMO he was a better candidate, and will be a better mayor than Goldsmith. Even without the weight of that damning pint-hold-fail picture.

I thought the guy had integrated quite well...

Well you could say that, by pretending to be a moderate and at the same time slagging them off as uncle Toms, this guy will be a divisive mistake, wait and see

He was elected by 56% of those who voted, from a turn out of 45%. Resulting in him being elected by approximately 25% of those eligible to vote.

So what does this show. Could it be that most of the electorate were more concerned with voting for "Britain's got talent" or could it have been the

"Gt British bake off" Any way as far as I'm concerned,who would vote for another Eton toff in Zac Goldsmith,is't Cameron one too many.

Edited by nontabury

He was elected by 56% of those who voted, from a turn out of 45%. Resulting in him being elected by approximately 25% of those eligible to vote.

So what does this show. Could it be that most of the electorate were more concerned with voting for "Britain's got talent" or could it have been the

"Gt British bake off" Any way as far as I'm concerned,who would vote for another Eton toff in Zac Goldsmith,is't Cameron one too many.

Figures don't sound all that different from previous mayoral elections.

knock down Buckingham palace and build a Grand Mosque with supercharged speakers so that the mullahs can wail at everyone within 4 km multiple times a day starting well before dawn and finishing well after sundown.

perhaps they can replace the big ben sound with the loud speaker wailing multiple times a day that can be heard in muslim countries

England should more importantly worry that as a good Muslim he hates Christians even more

Keep calm, Londoners.

You've got a Muslim mayor.

The sky won't fall down.

I don't think most of these guys are Londoners. Just random Thaivisa bigots.

Most Londoners I know are proud of their awesome multicultural city.

Keep calm, Londoners.

The sky won't fall down.

You are of course absolutely correct and London is an exemplar of a multicultural city

Up country, things are not quite so civilised - Luton? Bradford? Rochdale?

Gettos

Keep calm, Londoners.

The sky won't fall down.

You are of course absolutely correct and London is an exemplar of a multicultural city

Gettos

No idea. Never set foot in them.

We're talking about London here, though, no?

Keep calm, Londoners.

The sky won't fall down.

Gettos

No idea. Never set foot in them.

We're talking about London here, though, no?

A fair cop!

Beleive a muslim lady win the great Britsh bake off as well.