Four killed in train crash in Phetchaburi

Four killed in train crash in Phetchaburi

23_Train-wpcf_728x413.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Four persons were killed when the pickup truck they were travelling in was rammed by a Bangkok-Hua Hin passenger train in Cha-am district of Phetchaburi province before noon today.

The tragic crash happened at a railway level crossing near Ban Huaysai Nua railway station in Cha-am at about 11.40 am.

The victims included a woman, all from the same family.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162299

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-06

What is so difficult here about driving across a train crossing.facepalm.gif

Its not even that the trains travel at ludicrously high speeds God help people when or if that ever happens

Mentality of Thai drivers is..'I'm going there'...which means..' everything must get out of my way'. No logical driving thought pattern whatsoever; took me three years of really hard work to teach my wife to drive properly and understand the do's and dont's. Hell; before i arrived she drove with no license, no insurance, no tax et al. Her reasoning was ' Nobody else i know pays all those things so why should i ? '

Stop at the crossing.look left,look right,then look left again,this way you get to see your next birthday.evolution has some work to do in Thailand.

yeah you are right. However.............no risk - no fun.....

Crossing a set of train tracks effectively, and safely, requires one to slow down, look both ways, then proceed. I am constantly astonished at the number of car, truck, and motorbike drivers, who do not even give it so much as a glance, when they are pulling out into fast moving traffic, or turning, and don't so much as glance at oncoming traffic. What is up with that? Why out you and you families lives at risk for nothing?

One can rest assured here, this was NOT the fault of the train conductor, but rather the driver of the truck, who has to take post mortem responsibility for wiping his family off the face of the earth.

God knows how they are going to manage a high speed service if it eventually arrives!

What has this got to do with the management of a train service, high speed or otherwise? This was a vehicle crossing the track at an illegal crossing when there is a barrier operated crossing just 150 metres away.

Why is it so difficult to see a train approaching? I just don't get it. And don't the trains sound a horn when approaching crossings, or is that too sensible and too much trouble?

This was an illegally built crossing so it wouldn't be marked. The driver may not have been aware that he was about to cross a line until it was too late so he would not necessarily be expecting to see a train.

No, trains don't sound their horns on the approach to crossings that aren't (officially) there, if they did they'd be sounding the horn continuously for the entire journey.

God knows how they are going to manage a high speed service if it eventually arrives!

What has this got to do with the management of a train service, high speed or otherwise? This was a vehicle crossing the track at an illegal crossing when there is a barrier operated crossing just 150 metres away.

I thought it would be obvious!

If people can't cross a train line when the train is doing 60 kph, the carnage that will result when a high speed train doing nearly 3 times that speed hits them will be horrendous.

I'm sorry your ASD and concrete understanding of 'manage' confused you in my original response

oh gawd..... this years forum apologist...... yawn.

Mentality of Thai drivers is..'I'm going there'...which means..' everything must get out of my way'. No logical driving thought pattern whatsoever; took me three years of really hard work to teach my wife to drive properly and understand the do's and dont's. Hell; before i arrived she drove with no license, no insurance, no tax et al. Her reasoning was ' Nobody else i know pays all those things so why should i ? '

But yet she became your wife. Thàt I will never understand how farang can deal with them but then I reckon she is much younger than u and all that other stuff some men desperately need and cant get back home 555

I thought it would be obvious!

If people can't cross a train line when the train is doing 60 kph, the carnage that will result when a high speed train doing nearly 3 times that speed hits them will be horrendous.

I'm sorry your ASD and concrete understanding of 'manage' confused you in my original response

High-speed trains that I've seen in other countries do not have grade-level crossings. They are on raised embankments with bridges over road crossings. But, that said, T.I.T., so we'll just have to wait and see what is built here.

Archived