Lost debit card, press the pound sign.

Hi guys. This is a bit urgent. My atm kasikorn debit card appears to have sprouted legs and gone elsewhere. I am concerned that it may be a family member that helped it, and may know the number from other things, or some other way to use the card.

To the nitty gritty. I have tried many times to contact k bank on their contact info, and every turn is an automated response to put acc number, followed by the pound sign. I dont have a bloody pound sign on the bloody phone keypad. Any ideas? I want to suspend or cancel it.

- For funds transfer, bill payment and payment of K-Credit Card, please press the amount in Baht, followed

by two decimal places and the pound key (#). For example, if you want to transfer 9800.50 Baht, press

980050#

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/Contact%20Center/Pages/KContactCenter.aspx

WiKi:

The octothorpe, also known as a number sign, hash, hash sign, hashtag,[1] or pound sign[2] is a name for the symbol #,

We Americans do not have a pound key on our typewriters so # was used in its place.

Not quite. The # sign was on British typewriters too, but called the "number sign" to avoid confusion with the pound sign for the British currency. And it often is used to indicate "number" as in House # 10

At one time " lb " was used as an abbreviation for pound weights. "lb" standing for "libra pondo." Not seen anymore, but 5# of beef, meant 5 pounds of beef. Supposedly when written quickly by hand " lb " morphed into something resembling the #.

post-145917-0-93214200-1462696019_thumb.

So if I as a Brit were to find myself in the same situation as the OP would the £ sign on my keyboard (the one marked #) do the trick? Or would I have to use the # sign (the one marked as a backslash on my keyboard - 3rd row down and furthest right)?

Hi guys. This is a bit urgent. My atm kasikorn debit card appears to have sprouted legs and gone elsewhere. I am concerned that it may be a family member that helped it, and may know the number from other things, or some other way to use the card.

To the nitty gritty. I have tried many times to contact k bank on their contact info, and every turn is an automated response to put acc number, followed by the pound sign. I dont have a bloody pound sign on the bloody phone keypad. Any ideas? I want to suspend or cancel it.

Go online to check if any cash has been removed then go to any branch and get the card cancelled & a new card issued and change the pin immediately. Take bank book / passbook & passport.

Archived