Thai hit and run driver who killed two year old was high on beer and Ya Ba, say police

rooster59

Iam sure alot of Thai men. Are driving around like this? Drugs are in every village!

That's true, Alcohol is everywhere, and in my experience, it's not just Thai men who drive under the influence, plenty of Farang are doing the same..

Don't hear of many falangs killing innocent pedestrians or motorists high on alcohol and yaba, and then fleeing the scene, but perhaps you can give some examples.

Iam sure alot of Thai men. Are driving around like this? Drugs are in every village!

That's true, Alcohol is everywhere, and in my experience, it's not just Thai men who drive under the influence, plenty of Farang are doing the same..

Don't hear of many falangs killing innocent pedestrians or motorists high on alcohol and yaba, and then fleeing the scene, but perhaps you can give some examples.

Plenty of Farangs drink and drive, are you saying that they don't ?

The "it could be you" feeling.

After having seen the somewhat blurry video last week I already suspected that I know this stretch of road.

It's indeed a route I use regularly driving back home from Khon Kaen.

Yaba, yaba everywhere. It''s in every small village, in the schools,...

It's everywhere, nothing has improved.

And what does the new strong man do?

Perhaps a better question is what are the local and national police doing about it?

What is the PuYai Ban and the provincial governor doing about it?

Everybody seems to want to slag off the PM but he is only one person.

Would you be happy if the national police came to the villages and schools and locked up every man woman and child who possesses YaBa. How about a dusk to dawn curfew for a few months, random searches of houses and cars at any time 24/7. Arbitrary arrests and locking up people for weeks and months at a time with no bail.

I was quite happy when the coup first came along because it did stop a lot of the problems down in BKK.

The Army was going to sort out the police from top to bottom but sadly that has never happened and now it is much the same as it was. I am disappointed that only the colour of the clothes has changed and nothing else.

Have any of you watched the Television channel MT4? It is on True channel 67 but if you have not seen it have a look. It is a scary channel. Dead bodies and the like from accidents that are not openly publicized

I stumbled across it when I was flicking through the channels. It is gory viewing for sure but it also takes the crimes in country to a whole new level

That headline makes me chuckle a bit..."high on beer and yaa baa".

Let's put a depressant and a stimulant into one's system and let them slug it out.

And it says he fell asleep.

U mean let TV forum members slug it out?

Edited by mumjokmok

I have not been a violent person all my 81 years, but I get tired of reading about how inhumane some people in this country are. I realize many here have little hope of attaining even a part of what some of from other countries have or have earned. So they turn to drugs and alcohol to escape their existence !

They still have no right to do what I read about, gang muggins, killing, child rape, animal mutilation I am now in favor of one 9MM between the eyes and put them out of their pain and help protect the citizens and visitors to this Beautiful Country. Been here 12 years and seems to be getting worse.

They are NOT in any pain, actually they don,t give a rat,s a**e :(

This case is involuntary manslaughter in the USA - tack on a hit and run penalty...

Would not be murder nor DP sentencing but probably receive 10 - 15 years plus....

Nebulous sentencing and BS about forgiveness make a mess of what is fair punishment

And so are under different Thai names local booze (poison).

That this is so is born out by the immediate admitting by every culprit the BIB arrest "I was drunk (obviously meaning booze) and high on Ya Ba". I will go be a monk for a week maybe I will take the long stay of 3-weeks, if I have time, and say I'm sorry to the family of whoever killed. Good boy fine 500 Baht and on your way and do not do it anymore, Yes your honor, thank you. And off to the next booze up and Ya Ba for the extra kick. This place has not turned into a Joke, what it has turned into Webster's Dictionary has no word coined for it yet, they're working on it.

If you're a nobody you get found and arrested very promptly after ploughing your car into someone. If your'e say... the heir to an energy drink empire.... you get a summons some 4 years after the fact and the police for some reason have no idea as to your whereabouts.

There is a women in our village who buys the ya ba from the police,then when she sells it,she tells police to arrest them,last week some people were playing cards only 5 bht a time she phoned the police.

I wouldn't be surprised that the pusher ratted on the card players because they didn't buy any of Her Ya Ba and bought it from someone else....It called Thainess...

If laws are to be enforced, then the penalties must be very very high. Paltry fines, community service and the like are NOT the answer.

Nobody needs to receive punishment, if they obey the laws (whether of not they like them)

Make all motoring offences carry a MINIMUM 5,000baht fine. Leaving the scene of an accident (whether death or injuries or not) should carry a mandatory prison sentence on top of punishment for any other offence committed. Drug users/pushers should be hit especially hard. Bail should NOT freely be given, especially where death is involved (murder or otherwise) I could go on, but pointless, since nothing will ever change here in Thailand,

Help the guilty parties, but nobody cares about the victims, and those that will sadly follow them.

What other country in the world has a mandatory prison sentence for leaving the scene of an accident! !!!. It is not murder unfortunately it only carries a death by reckless driving charge. Bail is a normal Condition all over the civilized world. I fully agree this driver deserves many years in prison for his acts, but Wether he will or not is up to a judge not us farangs. You can not ask for laws in Thailand that don't exist in your own country. Like it or not Thailand's has its laws it's way of doing things. Fine you may not like it or disagree strongly that's your right. But screaming for your changes will do nothing to change things.

Ummm USA for one, state of Florida it is a felony to leave the scene of an accident where someone has been seriously injured or killed. Better known as the Aaron Cohen life protection act should be everywhere.