Benz driver Janepop who killed students ordains into the monkhood

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the monkhood route a magical get out of jail card? Monkhood and envelopes seem to help keep folks out of the gray bar hotel.

makes one wonder how many monks have checkered pasts

Been to a couple of funerals over the past few months and judging by the ones that turned up there on funeral duty from the local wat, I would confidently guess that quite a few would have spent times in other institutions prior to this "incarnation."

Back to this guy: Do you think it is possible to book a kootee with aircon for a fifteen day sojourn? I mean there is no point in being too uncomfortable in this heat, is there?

"wanted to show his remorse for and make merit for the two people who had died in the tragedy."

The reason for doing it......

Ordaining and spending a few leisurely nights (thirteen)in a Forrest monastery.....I spent more than that in real meditation retreats on occasion and not for any other reason than to better myself and get a little bit closer up the ladder of enlightenment.

If he really felt remorse and truly wanted to make merit for the people he killed, he should spend the rest of his life in deep meditation.

If he truly wish to make merit, once he completed making merit in the temple to the souls he killed, he would return to make merit to their families by offering to use his family's wealth to build a school or a clinic in the village of their choosing, dedicated in the names of their lost children. He would then make merit to society by arriving in court to accept the sentencing that he deserves. One would like to believe he is truly remorseful, and truly attempting to atone for his actions. Only time, and his actions, will tell.

Put your money where your mouth is and STOP buying the Red Bull !!

Is there a connection between this character and Red Bull? Or is it just that they are both hi-so pricks?

Apologies, I mixed them up .

There are to many cases for my limited understanding.

Where are the good old days when it was in the UK newspapers that a judge was not very satisfied when a copper "forgot" to come to a London court-hearing about a well connected person playing music too loud, or slight overlimit driving, I forgot already what it was.

And this,ladies and gentlemen,is why this country will never be taken seriously by the rest of the world.And will never evolve.

Maybe but then Thailand doesn't care about the rest of the world (arai na?!). Thailand is the centre of the universe. All planets orbit around Thailand. The milky way, the big bang, they are meaningless compared to Thailand. Samaai-gòn all people in the world universe spoke Thai! The universe was invented for the Thai and they tolerate us sharing the same air. All together: "we're not worthy"..........................

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Just another cop-out for the rich, famous and well known. You took the lives of two young people now unable to enjoy the wonders of the world. A simple wai or time at a temple will never show you what you have done wrong. I hope the quilt will stay with you to remind you of your wrong doing, though something tells me you won't change, and probably do the same.

Murder is murder!

I do not really care how this privileged individual chooses to make amends in his own mind for killing two people while speeding, breaking through toll barriers,etc.

What bothers me is the blatant turn the blind eye by the justice system. How about, one of these days, the Thai justice system wake-up and say that these kind of charades

are no longer available. Repent while serving the appropriate prison sentence. This individual was delayed in making this pitifully token gesture of remorse because he was recovering from

his injuries. What a slap on the face for the deceased. They had no chance to recover due to the selfishness of this individual.

Put your money where your mouth is and STOP buying the Red Bull !!

Is there a connection between this character and Red Bull? Or is it just that they are both hi-so pricks?
That is the connection.

Although I am absolutely not religious, I could think that a few months of monastic discipline and a simple, basic life could do some good to this person. Learn some humility and respect for others and perhaps cure his drug addiction.

I just hope that this does not allow him to escape responsibility and eventual punishment by the worldly court.

Well, i didn't know about this or i might have went and sat in the room hummimg "murderer" throughout the ceremony. If i was one of the family i would have 100%. And i would need to invite a few friends to make videos for facebook because we all know the local press would gloss over anything the murderer's family doesn't like.

Disgusting, but East is East and West is West! We will never understand.? Hopefuly karma will catch them?

This is the full quote, just opposite of what most people think the quote means.

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat; But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

This may be read as saying that 'it is indisputable that geographic points of the compass will never meet in this life, but that when two strong men [or equals] meet, the accidents of birth, whether of nationality, race, or family, do not matter at all—the mutual respect such individuals have, each for the character, prowess, and integrity of the other, are their only criteria for judging and accepting one another. Any differences in ethnicity between such individuals are never even considered'.

What a wonderful institution they have in Thailand. You commit a crime and instead going to jail you become a monk. But of course that only works if you are very rich. The longer I live in the land of (fake) smiles the more I loose respect for the Thais.

So odd that these ordinations of those accused of a crime always seem to get media coverage. They are meant to be private initiations. Yes, we all know how and why it happens this way.

In any event, he should be under house arrest or in prison awaiting trial.

May be someone of the families that he killed will drop a dime on him ?

Disgusting, but East is East and West is West! We will never understand.? Hopefuly karma will catch them?

This is the full quote, just opposite of what most people think the quote means.

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat; But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

This may be read as saying that 'it is indisputable that geographic points of the compass will never meet in this life, but that when two strong men [or equals] meet, the accidents of birth, whether of nationality, race, or family, do not matter at all—the mutual respect such individuals have, each for the character, prowess, and integrity of the other, are their only criteria for judging and accepting one another. Any differences in ethnicity between such individuals are never even considered'.

But I don't think Clockman was quoting; he was just writing some of his own words and thoughts....

What a wonderful institution they have in Thailand. You commit a crime and instead going to jail you become a monk. But of course that only works if you are very rich. The longer I live in the land of (fake) smiles the more I loose respect for the Thais.

To let this happen, the Thais must have already lost respect for themselves...

[Reason for edit: duplicate posting]

Edited by BwindiBoy

Nothing to discuss really. Standard Yellow shirt procedure, just ask Khun Suthep. He did his short time in the temple for his sins, now squeeky clean and heading to Prime minister ship with the help of his mate Prayuth.

Extremely offtopic2.gifofftopic.gif and a very poor attempt to divert the topic.

If that is the best that you can come up with then try harder to STAY on topic.

This topic has nothing to do with politics or your obvious bias.