Benz driver Janepop who killed students ordains into the monkhood

Nothing to discuss really. Standard Yellow shirt procedure, just ask Khun Suthep. He did his short time in the temple for his sins, now squeeky clean and heading to Prime minister ship with the help of his mate Prayuth.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely i have made a mistake in trying to understand the situation.

CASE 1. A farang was involved in a m/c accident when he had a collision with 3 people on another m/c who were riding without lights, one of the 3 has supposed to have died 'overseas' from injuries, he is thrown into jail.

Case 2. A very rich Thai crashes his Mercedes at extremely high speed into a car containing two students who are incinerated ! The rich Thai goes into a temple for a few days

. Please convince me that i have got it all wrong . coffee1.gif

Nothing unusual about this, in Christianity no matter what skulduggery you have been involved in all you have to do is announce you have been born again and your sins are washed away. Quite a regular procedure with certain politicians

It's his money that gets him this deal though. No way an Issan farmer with a 20 year old pickup would get to perform this charade. It would have been off to lockup straight from the emergency ward.

And it has been hundreds of years since some sort of penance would have gotten someone out of legal troubles in Christian nations.

Just goes to show you how far behind the rest of the world (Islam excluded) Thailand really is. Yep! hundreds of years.

Totally shamefull, not only of the spoiled brat and his family but also the law here. He should be locked up awaiting a serious manslaughter charge. Even the monkhood should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to degenerate their fine religion.

Apart from the out of court technical admission of guilt. This is far too little time to acknowledge your sins. 2+ years minimum, plus the court ruling for another min. 5 years in jail, plus a hefty fine and compensation (several million bahts ) to the 2 students families. The stupid Thai system of saying sorry to expect a lighter sentence is a major problem here that non-Thai's cannot understand or agree with. Money speaks in All Countries, but here it's even more than that. TIT's = This Is Thailand's Shame. Grow Up.....

Disgusting, but East is East and West is West! We will never understand.? Hopefuly karma will catch them?

No you will never understand.

Why do you say,"disgusting"?

You are not in your culture note.

Everything happens for a reason.

Very good point noting culture. The reason might be that perhaps if in fact the gentleman was being prescribed medications for depression or suffered that much from it, his doctor might have had a responsibility to see that his license to drive was suspended. Of course that all depends on if in fact he even had one in the first place and who enforces the laws of Thailand.

Perhaps graduated licensing should also be introduced into Thai "culture" the same as high powered and expensive vehicles have been along with anti-depressants. Coroner's inquests might also be a good thing to consider at this point so everybody can be enlightened and better understand the reasons some things happen.

Disgusting, but East is East and West is West! We will never understand.? Hopefuly karma will catch them?

No you will never understand.

Why do you say,"disgusting"?

You are not in your culture note.

Everything happens for a reason.

I think that we farang understand your culture only too well.

It seems to be you that fails to understand the level of disgust that we feel at the cynical abuse of Buddhism that allows apparently only HiSo to manipulate the merit making system and pay their way out of trouble.bah.gif

Shame on these monks for agreeing to participate in this ludicrous and blatant scam.

I agree that everything happens fr a reason and the reason here is apparently that this scumbag killer can pay and wai his way out of a lengthy incarceration by submitting himself to this outrageous farce of a PR stunt designed only to mitigate his punishment if, indeed, there ever is any punishment for his crimes.

Perhaps you too "consider" yourself HiSo and don't like the idea of this ridiculous pantomime being so exactingly exposed by this forum in case you too have to rely on it sometime in the future?

How do YOU look in orange? cheesy.gif

wai.giftongue.png

Nothing unusual about this, in Christianity no matter what skulduggery you have been involved in all you have to do is announce you have been born again and your sins are washed away. Quite a regular procedure with certain politicians.

I don't want to start a theological argument, but in Christianity you are judged by the Almighty, who decides wether your sins are to be forgiven. If you announce it yourself you are kidding yourself...

None of the relatives of the dead students came to the ceremony even though they were invited. Janepop's family said they understood their decision not to attend.

If they where my relatives, i would have shown up with a rented benz.

What a joke,, 15 days a monk for taking two beautiful promising young lives,,

maybe if it was 2 years people might believe he does show some remorse.

Still it is more than the Red Bull heir did ! He just did a runner. How did that happen ? someone was paid to look the other way.

I wouldn't have expected anything else but this and/or a hefty amount of money paid under the table to make it all go away... Thainess at its very worst - AGAIN - and AGAIN - no closure or sense of justice being served for the family and friends of the vicitims. What a shame and what an insult to Buddhism in general (real Buddhism, not the lame copy "performed" here in LOS).