PM Prayut urges Thais to innovate

webfact

PM urges Thais to innovate

BANGKOK, 10 May 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha suggests Thai people adjust themselves to a new form of trade and encourages product innovation.

Government Spokesman Maj.Gen. Sansern Kaeokamnerd on Monday said the premier suggested that Thailand and its people should utilize technology to facilitate trade and improve product distribution. He emphasized that Thailand needed to develop products which were both useful and tasteful and met the needs of consumers, said Maj.Gen. Sansern.

Gen. Prayut wanted to see Thais innovate and create products more so that they were able to compete with other countries, said the spokesman. He added that the PM said he believed that there was still a lot of room for Thai economic growth.

The PM believed that there were many good innovators in Thailand and the country would be much further developed if they worked together, said Maj.Gen. Sansern.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-10 footer_n.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within 10 years Thailand will be a high income country (according to another minister) so yes they better start innovating soon.

Why not produce something like sportshoes from all that rubber?

Innovations calls for changes to make any progress so let's stop dreaming and just up the figures for the tourist expectations flow throughout the year.

Thailand - Land of Solutions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ScotBkk

At first glance I thought the PM urge Thais to renovate, which will be more to their abilities than innovate,

the only 'innovations' most of the local can come up with is innovations in cheating methods as seen

with the medical school's exams.....

Thais are masters of innovation in many ways. I am constantly amazed at their skills when it comes to jerry-rigging, finding the path of least possible resistance or effort, doing things as cheaply and quickly as possible, making things work with the wrong parts or equipment, and doing it all without reading instructions or taking advice.

Prayuth and his clan of tired old dinosaurs aren't setting much of an example as far as innovation is concerned. Bind obedience and innovation don't really go together.

Just another Prayuth brain fart.

A coffee shop with worn out 5th hand reject toys from the UK and US, ring dial telephones and VHS videos, posters of great rock bands they've never heard of before, The Who (excuse the pun), combined with mind altering Google translate quotes scribbled on the wall..... if that's not innovative I don't know what is. Sadly all that innovation leads to is a group of the natives crowding round an iced drink for hours on end using up the wifi and air con for free.

Wow this guy really does not see the forest for the trees. A number of cars are built in Thailand. Why doesn't Thailand build its own car brand ? Surely there are skilled, capable people. Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Korea have their own brands. What is holding back Thailand. Would it be that they would need a small amount of foreign help ?

Earth to the PM - Innovation in Thailand impossible because for 500 years Thai people have been taught how NOT to innovate. Innovation means taking risks and taking risks means risking failure and failure means loss of face. Thai people thinking better not to innovate.

The prime minister can urge all he likes, but as long as there exists a system whereby the rich and connected can do whatever they like with no fear of retribution the general air of belonging in a civilized society will continue to wane, and it is waning :(

Innovation will not happen without independent thinking. From a young age Thai children are shown not to think out of the box so what makes anyone think

they can become innovators. You have to have critical thinking to be an innovator and that is not shown at Thai schools home or in Thai society

I had a "cappuccino" the other day which was made with sweetened milk out of a can. The drink was so disgusting I could not drink more than 1 sip. The kathoei who made it was quite a monster too. Innovation thaistyle ? ...

Innovation will not happen without independent thinking. From a young age Thai children are shown not to think out of the box so what makes anyone think

they can become innovators. You have to have critical thinking to be an innovator and that is not shown at Thai schools home or in Thai society

True. Thinking = silliout (sic).

Thais are masters of innovation in many ways. I am constantly amazed at their skills when it comes to jerry-rigging, finding the path of least possible resistance or effort, doing things as cheaply and quickly as possible, making things work with the wrong parts or equipment, and doing it all without reading instructions or taking advice.

But yet it takes them 40 minutes to figure out how to open my Leatherman... ?

The problem is in the education and is contributed by many of the Thai teachers. In the college where I work the teacher who is teaching food science can't even pop popcorn as she doesn't have a popcorn machine... This thinking and behavior is passed on to students, when tasked to make/"innovative" a tool that can help them in their work (agriculture) the students will either come up with something that you could buy in Europe and US already a hundred years ago or something that's gone viral on YouTube.

i was trying to think of some suggestions for innovative products for thailands cutting edge manufacturing industry. demand for sex toys must be going up with people stay single longer, getting divorced earlier, and not having so many kids. then i remembered that sex toys are illegal in thailands conservative society so i will just have to keep on thinking.

Wow this guy really does not see the forest for the trees. A number of cars are built in Thailand. Why doesn't Thailand build its own car brand ? Surely there are skilled, capable people. Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Korea have their own brands. What is holding back Thailand. Would it be that they would need a small amount of foreign help ?

Thairung?