webfact

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14628595821462859603l.jpg
A test train runs between the MRT Khlong Bang Phai and Talad Bang Yai stations on March 25 for the new Purple Line.

BANGKOK —While it remains to be seen if the MRT’s new westward extension will actually connect to the existing subway line, it will finally be ready for test runs next month after many delays.

The 23-kilometer MRT Purple Line extension opened for a media preview Tuesday before its new launch date of Aug. 6. Passengers can register in person to participate in free test runs to be conducted in June and July.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1462859582

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-10

And if the dates aren't confusing enough then the fact that it goes no-where is. I guess I shall have a go at crossing the river on it.But I won't be on the first few trains. Bangsue/Wonsawang we're nearly there!!!

So say [Thai Newspaper] the Purple Line started today ?? anyone know if that is true ? are the station gates open ? they were still closed and locked yesterday..

It say's cost 40 baht, Bang Yai to end station - 1km from Bang Sue covered with free bus to MRT into the City...... yet in this report above it starts the test run in June..!

So say [Thai Newspaper] the Purple Line started today ?? anyone know if that is true ? are the station gates open ? they were still closed and locked yesterday..

It say's cost 40 baht, Bang Yai to end station - 1km from Bang Sue covered with free bus to MRT into the City...... yet in this report above it starts the test run in June..!

Regular service starts 6th August (brought forward from the 12th).

Irregular free rides from the beginning of June.

Letting the public on a system which has not completed trial running (that includes training staff for emergency situations) is unwise to say the least. If nothing else they get in the way of those actually trying to get everything working and (important) safe.

Can we use it to the pier at the chao praya and there take a boat to a bts-station? I think that's more fun then trying to go to mochit first.

According to Ch3 News the river ferry connection will start "next year". But it's quite a long boat ride to the BTS at Saphan Taksin.

Can we use it to the pier at the chao praya and there take a boat to a bts-station? I think that's more fun then trying to go to mochit first.

According to Ch3 News the river ferry connection will start "next year". But it's quite a long boat ride to the BTS at Saphan Taksin.

I read somewhere (can't find it anymore) that there will be a new expressboat who stops at pakkred, phra nang klao and rama vii only. A fast service.

fast express boats would be the perfect solution, with a short transfer time to the purple line.