How often do you use the jacuzzi in your accommodation?

kitjohnson

How often do you use the jacuzzi in your accommodation  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am debating whether to have an indoor jacuzzi (bathtub with jets) installed in the house I'm building with my wife.

When in England I love reading books in baths, and in Thai hotels I always take a bath when they have one. But so many people install jacuzzis only to find they don't actually use them. I'd like to know the situation in Thailand, so please answer this poll and post your comments!

We don't have a jacuzzi, but we do have a 12' portable 'Quick-Set' pool which is great to cool off in.

I get in it most Sundays for a splash with Wifey and the grandkids (who are in it every day during the school holidays).

If we were to have a jacuzzi it would be outdoor and big enough to share with friends for a nice bubble and beer.

We have two - one is 3-seater section in our pool, it's used almost daily. The other one of the bathtub types (whirlpool + jets) in our ensuite - used every week or so.

No surprise the one that sits 3 and is much more social gets more use though I suppose :)

OP...good thread. A hot tub is akin to a BOAT---make sure you have a friend that owns a hot tub.

A hot tub is a hole in the ground where you toss money.

The money expenditures never cease!

I used to make a very good living getting rid of hot tubs in USA. The liability and insurance demands are ridiculous.

In short, they are maintenance nightmares.

You have to be your own chemist, etc. I talk people outta buying them all time.

I, too, like baths. The best bath---imho---is a Kohler cast iron tub. Yes, you need to make arrangements to have a proper boiler that can handle filling up a tub with the desired water temp. When in USA, I add about 4-6" of pure hot water. This heat is retained by the cast iron nature of the enameled tub.

I then add amendments: a scoop of baking soda, a scoop of Epsom's salts, a squirt of olive oil and a sachet of "colloidal oatmeal."

The oatmeal takes care of skin abrasions and dryness.

Then I jump in and add shots of hot water whilst reading! Yes, I like hot baths---not hot tubs.

Hot tubs are small swimming pools. You cannot add olive oil and other soothing amendments. The chlorine in a hot tub will wreck anyone's skin. They are over-rated. If you want to buy one---look about and buy a new unit, slightly used.

When I managed properties, at the top of the list was "no hot tubs---no RENTAL hot tubs."

Someone gets drunk, slips underwater---your turn to face lawyers and barristers in court.

Not worth the hassle. A swimming pool is by and large---a municipal function, open to the public for a fee.

There's a reason for this.

Hot tubs at a private home is a good way to chuck your money out the window.

Up to u.

OP...good thread. A hot tub is akin to a BOAT---make sure you have a friend that owns a hot tub.

A hot tub is a hole in the ground where you toss money.

The money expenditures never cease!

I used to make a very good living getting rid of hot tubs in USA. The liability and insurance demands are ridiculous.

In short, they are maintenance nightmares.

You have to be your own chemist, etc. I talk people outta buying them all time.

I, too, like baths. The best bath---imho---is a Kohler cast iron tub. Yes, you need to make arrangements to have a proper boiler that can handle filling up a tub with the desired water temp. When in USA, I add about 4-6" of pure hot water. This heat is retained by the cast iron nature of the enameled tub.

I then add amendments: a scoop of baking soda, a scoop of Epsom's salts, a squirt of olive oil and a sachet of "colloidal oatmeal."

The oatmeal takes care of skin abrasions and dryness.

Then I jump in and add shots of hot water whilst reading! Yes, I like hot baths---not hot tubs.

Hot tubs are small swimming pools. You cannot add olive oil and other soothing amendments. The chlorine in a hot tub will wreck anyone's skin. They are over-rated. If you want to buy one---look about and buy a new unit, slightly used.

When I managed properties, at the top of the list was "no hot tubs---no RENTAL hot tubs."

Someone gets drunk, slips underwater---your turn to face lawyers and barristers in court.

Not worth the hassle. A swimming pool is by and large---a municipal function, open to the public for a fee.

There's a reason for this.

Hot tubs at a private home is a good way to chuck your money out the window.

Up to u.

I don't know of anyone who would use a hot tub in Thailand. Jacuzzi jets/seats in a nice cool pool though, absolutely ;)

We use the outdoor jacuzzi which is attached to the pool, I have never been tempted to have an indoor jacuzzi, as it is far to hot to enjoy inside for the majority of the year, you would need to AC the area for it to be relaxing IMO. We do have a bath which rarely gets used.

Archived