it'll be a sad day ..............

prk888

The Irish Wolfhound, Soi 4 Partumak Hill, is up for sale. After 6 years 'Bo', mine excellent host, wants to call it a day and take a well deserved rest.

It'll be sad day to mlss a good friendly bar/cafe with such good value bar food in my view

Went once just to meet someone staying nearby. Ordered B/fast and was forgotton about...took over 1/2 hour for a poor greasy effort to turn up on the plate. The TGF was not impressed.

There are hundreds of similar places all over town.

So for me, won't be missed and already forgotton....

Some daft replies here.

I can empathise with the OP.

As a conservative chap, I dislike change, especially when a favourite drinking place closes or moves on.

Having been in Thailand for a long time, I've ]lost' more than a few great places.

Some vanish altogether, some simply relocate but seldom seem to recapture their former 'magic' when they do (Woodstock being a classic example of this - the Thong Lor place was but a poor shadow on the original Nana place). Even walking past the former location on Nana (the old sign is/was still visible) I am struck by pangs of some great memories from there.

A big part of our choice to take due leave in the UK was that one of our favourite 'locals' near home in Bang Na closed down.

It was nothing special or flashy, only a basic Durba Thai style place with dented tables, plastic seats etc, but was a great place to sit and watch the stream of people pass by every evening until the wee small hours, the staff and regulars all nice and the food, beer and service all very good.

Without that place the neighbourhood lost a huge deal of it's lustre so we decided to head back to the UK for a 'break' rather than face another hot season.

I'll say to the OP, enjoy it while you can, when it's gone cherish the memories.

The good thing about Pattaya is that you'll son fine a place to replace it.

For the record, it did not go belly up. It is still trading and does quite well. Beau wants to retire ---- simple as that.

I go there frequently and enjoy the place. The food is good value, but not high cuisine.