bringing thai baht notes overseas

im leaving thai soon , just wondering how much thai baht is allowed to bring without causing problem in custom ?

will a million baht cause problem in airport ?

thought please.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Cannot understand why you changed 1M bahts worth in the first place, unless it is the proceeds of a bank robbery !

its not a robbery. was planning to do something but changed my mind.

Where are you going? It sometimes make sense to change your baht to USD in Thailand and then take USD out of the country and change it to the local currency. Case of THB to PHP works out like this.

@thebigmango @bubba1 I am going to Indonesia . and surely the rate for IDR is better than exchange it here in thai. I was thinking to exchange it to usd and convert back to IDR. but by my calculation i will lost some of my money due exchange fees.

@thebigmango @bubba1 I am going to Indonesia . and surely the rate for IDR is better than exchange it here in thai. I was thinking to exchange it to usd and convert back to IDR. but by my calculation i will lost some of my money due exchange fees.

you will surely NOT get a better rate plus you are only allowed 50,000 Baht as Indonesia is not a neighbouring country.

The rules have been updated in more recent times, I saw it posted at one of the land border crossings to Laos.

It's 50,000 Baht to most countries, 650,000 to Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Yunnan province of China. Used to be 500,000 Baht. This information needs to be confirmed, but I agree that taking a million Baht out of Thailand is just too risky.

Having said that in all likelihood nobody will care and you won't be caught. BUT there are far better ways of transferring large amounts of cash overseas than taking it in cash. What if someone steals it from your luggage, a rogue baggage handler perhaps? Or if it's in your hand luggage, make sure you don't go to sleep because some Chinese theft gang may be operating on your flight and will carefully open the overhead locker containing your bag and take the money out.

The rules have been updated in more recent times, I saw it posted at one of the land border crossings to Laos.

It's 50,000 Baht to most countries, 650,000 to Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Yunnan province of China. Used to be 500,000 Baht. This information needs to be confirmed, but I agree that taking a million Baht out of Thailand is just too risky.

Having said that in all likelihood nobody will care and you won't be caught. BUT there are far better ways of transferring large amounts of cash overseas than taking it in cash. What if someone steals it from your luggage, a rogue baggage handler perhaps? Or if it's in your hand luggage, make sure you don't go to sleep because some Chinese theft gang may be operating on your flight and will carefully open the overhead locker containing your bag and take the money out.

And the other thing OP has forgotten, he will also have to declare the cash he is taking into Indo as there are limits as well, not sure what the amount is, but pretty sure thb 1 million in cash will exceed that limit

Why would you wish/want to take Thai Baht out of the country ?

The customs regulations are in the link

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/departing+from+thailand/departingfromthailand+

thanks for your link. i can exchange it with better rate in my country.

What country would that be? Never seen anywhere they will give you a better rate for Thai currency except in Thailand. No one wants Baht outside of Thailand

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/departing+from+thailand/departingfromthailand+

What country would that be? Never seen anywhere they will give you a better rate for Thai currency except in Thailand. No one wants Baht outside of Thailand

read page 1

read page 1

This is page 1....