Husky pays with his life protecting house from Cobra

webfact

Husky pays with his life protecting house from Cobra

cob.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Siberian Husky defending a house from a snake attack paid with his life. But took the snake with him.

The owner of "Taiki" returned home to find the husky lying dead outside the Bang Bua Thong, Nonthaburi property used as a puppy rearing facility and vet's. Lying next to the husky was a 1.8 metre long cobra that had been bitten, reported Thairath

Reporters found canine friends of the deceased, eight Chihuahuas, three Shih Tzu and two Pomeranians that were also kept at the house, looking on sadly.

Owner Karit Panyaphat had been out with some puppies and returned to the scene. A neighbor told him that he had heard a commotion from inside the house. Karit said that he thought the cobra was looking for mice and that Taiki had defended the house but been bitten.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-12

Wow.. this is where I live.. I know there are snakes around but never seen a live one yet. Still. its pretty urban here already. But still there are some rice fields and other nature around. But to be honest never worried about snakes.. now I do again.

15 dogs in the house.....!!

Well.....there's only 14 now........

A Siberian husky in Thailand......my neighbour had one, but how do the suffer in this 40c heat?

Edited by ChrisY1

Excessively, is my guess,in answer to ChrisY question. I really think that anyone who buys, and especially breeds from, dogs from cold Arctic counties, should ensure that the dogs are kept in reasonable surroundings- not roaming in the garden in 42° heat.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Edited by haybilly

Who the hell keeps a husky in Thailand?

My friend's got 2. Like all mammals (think long term fat Scandinavian in Thailand) they adapt: instead of growing their winter coats they keep their fur light and short. ;)

Who the hell keeps a husky in Thailand?

My friend's got 2. Like all mammals (think long term fat Scandinavian in Thailand) they adapt: instead of growing their winter coats they keep their fur light and short. wink.png

You are wrong! I still have my thick winter fur so I look like a fat gorilla compared with any Thai... But you are right that we adapt, back home in Sweden I used to wear t-shirt and sandals until the snow level was higher then the sole (about -5 - 0C), now I complain that it's cold when it's under 10 degrees....

RIP Taiki.

On a more important note, How come nobody's pointing at the snake?

They haven't determined who's the guilty party yet. Double murders are hard cases to work out.

I feel sorry for this dog for 2 reasons.

First it is dead and secondly, it has been suffering it's entire life in Thailand. This dog can live in the Arctic

yet some ignorant jerk has these dogs in Thailand.

I would like to send this jerk to Siberia for a year, without clothes and see how he likes it !!

I feel sorry for this dog for 2 reasons.

First it is dead and secondly, it has been suffering it's entire life in Thailand. This dog can live in the Arctic

yet some ignorant jerk has these dogs in Thailand.

I would like to send this jerk to Siberia for a year, without clothes and see how he likes it !!

i have one,he's our best freind and i live for him,we rescued him when he was at deaths door over 4yrs.ago,now my life is taking care of him and nothing is any trouble for me.

i have to agree with all you say,it breaks my heart on times whenever i see some who are left to fend for theirselves.

you didnt deserve to die like that so rest in peace brave one.

love me love my dog. MEATBOY.

Sad tale. Poor dog. Poor snake.

As the snake's natural environment is hacked away at and encroached upon continually, people wonder why there are more tales of this nature on the rise. Dogs and snakes were never meant to meet in any environment.

Most Dogs, especially larger ones simply don't have the guile, speed, agility or tools which natural predators of snakes such as the mongoose or (wild) cats, possess.

Poor thing probably managed to keep the snake at bay for a while, got too bold, fatally injured the snake and got tagged.

Edited by Merylhighground

Wow.. this is where I live.. I know there are snakes around but never seen a live one yet. Still. its pretty urban here already. But still there are some rice fields and other nature around. But to be honest never worried about snakes.. now I do again.

Cobras

I've seen king Cobras in and around Nonthaburi but more prolific in places like Pathum Thani Province.

They scare the shit out of me and for some unbeknown reason I've came face to face with them 3 times in ten years. I explained this uncanny dilemma to a Thai monk asking why he thought this was happening to me.

He said' it means your lucky. Well' having respiratory problems like asthma and the like don't think so if any of these muthafukka bastards bite me.

I don't even like worms hahaha!!

Cobras

I've seen king Cobras in and around Nonthaburi but more prolific in places like Pathum Thani Province.

They scare the shit out of me and for some unbeknown reason I've came face to face with them 3 times in ten years. I explained this uncanny dilemma to a Thai monk asking why he thought this was happening to me.

He said' it means your lucky. Well' having respiratory problems like asthma and the like don't think so if any of these muthafukka bastards bite me.

Puppy rearing facility?? at a vets ?? Sounds like the kind of place you want to avoid !!

As for having huskies in Thailand it is not much off a problem if they are owned by people who care.

If the dogs are born here they don't really know any different as they are adapted to the heat as they grow. Huskies also shed their coat several times a year and their coats are double layered so as well as the usual thought these dogs are meant to live in snow the coats keep the heat out from the dogs core. My huskies will lie in the sun for 15-30 minutes at a time and are the last ones in the house when they go out with thai dogs.

Pomeranian dogs seem to struggle more with the heat and my short haired Thai soi dog hates the sun.

Cobras

In my 9 years here I have seen 3 dead snakes.. not sure what kind because they were all run over by cars. I have yet to encounter a life one and like you i would have been scared crazy.

Husky must be happy in Thailand. Perhaps when North Pole ice pack will have completey melted we can also give shelter to polar bears.

You been watching too many Holywood movies mate.......................rolleyes.gif