Pattaya cheapest fitness gym clubs new clubs opening soon ? Fitness7 and Fitness first ?

aber

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, potters said:

Sanit gym at Lake Mabprachan is 19999 bht per year.

Vey expensive when compared to gyms in town.

Maybe new and in good nick thats cause not many use it at those prices,

not interested in deals either

For people who don't mind spending, there are some decent hotel gyms in Pattaya too. Fitz Club at Royal Cliff now charges 39K per year (unless they put it up again since I last checked). They have some very good cardio equipment and no crowds are a guarantee at those prices.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

For people who don't mind spending, there are some decent hotel gyms in Pattaya too. Fitz Club at Royal Cliff now charges 39K per year (unless they put it up again since I last checked). They have some very good cardio equipment and no crowds are a guarantee at those prices.

Royal Garden tops that at 42k + tax full one year membership, but there is a 4pm+ option at half the price.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:12 PM, tropo said:

Who is stupid to pay this price when a gym like PRS hotel is as good or even better for 15000 / year ?

7 hours ago, AsianExport said:

Who is stupid to pay this price when a gym like PRS hotel is as good or even better for 15000 / year ?

PRS Hotel have new model Cybex Arc Trainers, LifeFitness bikes, ellipticals and treadmills, and a Concept2 rower at PRS... and it's kept refrigerated to about 25C?

If so, I have to check it out. If not, what do they have?

I didn't say the 39K was crazy. It's a nice place to train if you can afford it. I'm sure the other members are happy that the price keeps the budget minded crowd out. There is a market for these types of gyms. Hotel gyms are not really public gyms. They don't want too many outside guests therefore they price memberships with that in mind.

On 9/3/2016 at 9:16 PM, SheungWan said:

Royal Garden tops that at 42k + tax full one year membership, but there is a 4pm+ option at half the price.

I've checked that one out. It's not nearly as good as Fitz Club - and all the equipment is getting very old and worn.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I've checked that one out. It's not nearly as good as Fitz Club - and all the equipment is getting very old and worn.

The Royal Garden equipment is OK, decent changing room area with towels provided, a sauna and a club room with coffee, water, smoothies and salad. Free daily training sessions if you want them. Not to mention the swimming pool.

Just now, SheungWan said:

The equipment is OK, decent changing room area with towels provided, a sauna and a club room with coffee, water, smoothies and salad. Free daily training sessions if you want them. Not to mention the swimming pool.

What I would look at for at that price is new model, top of the range cardio equipment - imported from the US (where all the good stuff comes from). Anything less and you are being ripped off (at those prices). Last time I looked at the Marriott Hotel Gym it was old equipment and there wasn't much of it. Perhaps they have upgraded since.

The money that a gym has invested in equipment has a huge bearing on the worth of a membership. When a gym has invested US $10k - $20k per machine, they're entitled to charge a reasonably high membership compared to other gyms with cheap gear. Of course not everyone appreciates top of the line equipment and would be just as happy on a cheap domestic model. It depends on what you've been spoiled with over your training career.

Another gym with the good gear is Centara Grand in North Pattaya, for anyone in that area with a budget of over 30k per year.

Just now, tropo said:

What I would look at for at that price is new model, top of the range cardio equipment - imported from the US (where all the good stuff comes from). Anything less and you are being ripped off (at those prices). Last time I looked at the Marriott Hotel Gym it was old equipment and there wasn't much of it. Perhaps they have upgraded since.

The money that a gym has invested in equipment has a huge bearing on the worth of a membership. When a gym has invested US $10k - $20k per machine, they're entitled to charge a reasonably high membership compared to other gyms with cheap gear. Of course not everyone appreciates top of the line equipment and would be just as happy on a cheap domestic model. It depends on what you've been spoiled with over your training career.

Another gym with the good gear is Centara Grand in North Pattaya, for anyone in that area with a budget of over 30k per year.

There are some serious guys working out at the Marriott and OK with the equipment. Oh, did I forget to mention the tennis courts as well?

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

There are some serious guys working out at the Marriott and OK with the equipment. Oh, did I forget to mention the tennis courts as well?

That doesn't change the fact they are working with old equipment and paying too much. I'd expect a lot more for my money, even with tennis courts.

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

That doesn't change the fact they are working with old equipment and paying too much. I'd expect a lot more for my money, even with tennis courts.

Well that's OK, I guess I won't be bumping into you on one of the rowing machines next time I am in town. nevertheless, good luck with whatever club you join.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Well that's OK, I guess I won't be bumping into you on one of the rowing machines next time I am in town. nevertheless, good luck with whatever club you join.

What's that got to do with the subject? I'm trying to explain why some expensive clubs (Fitz) are worth the cost and when they're not (Marriott). I don't train at Fitz and you didn't make it clear if you train at the Marriott or not.

You won't be bumping into me at any club as I now train at home... and loving it!

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

What's that got to do with the subject? I'm trying to explain why some expensive clubs (Fitz) are worth the cost and when they're not (Marriott). I don't train at Fitz and you didn't make it clear if you train at the Marriott or not.

You won't be bumping into me at any club as I now train at home... and loving it!

Well, 'er, good luck at home then. Been a member at the Marriott for over 5 years now. Love the early evening swim.

marriott pool.jpg

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Well, 'er, good luck at home then. Been a member at the Marriott for over 5 years now. Love the early evening swim.

marriott pool.jpg

I must apologise then. My debate was really about making a comparison between two hotel gyms that I've seen in a similar price bracket. If I'd known you were a loyal member of Marriott I would have toned it down somewhat. The MOST important thing of all is that one enjoys their workout environment, whether it's at a high end hotel gym, a cheap gym, in the park or at home. Afterall the point is to do some exercise and I respect anyone who makes an effort to exercise.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I must apologise then. My debate was really about making a comparison between two hotel gyms that I've seen in a similar price bracket. If I'd known you were a loyal member of Marriott I would have toned it down somewhat. The MOST important thing of all is that one enjoys their workout environment, whether it's at a high end hotel gym, a cheap gym, in the park or at home. Afterall the point is to do some exercise and I respect anyone who makes an effort to exercise.

Cheers!

Really, no problem. Actually some current members do check out cheaper alternatives when they pop up and I know ex-members who have dropped out. I guess every club has a degree of churn. The last fitness club I had a look-see was the one attached to the Hilton but we were told it was only for hotel guests. Great sea views from the exercise room BTW.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Asiang said:

Hello, any update on fitness 7 ? price is good and aircon in cardio area ? really opened 24 hours ? Thanks.

Price is good. Has an aircon area w/ some cardio machines & weights though the much larger main area has fans. Is that enough info for you at least to visit and take a look for yourself?

5 minutes ago, Asiang said:

I checked, thank you. The aircon room is too small, and not enough fans in the biggest room, quite ridiculous.

But as most people do not seem to know how stupid it is to exercise without aircon, it might be ok for most <3

That time of the day did you go to look? Was it busy?

17 minutes ago, tropo said:

That time of the day did you go to look? Was it busy?

4pm, not busy, but as anywhere people started to come at 5pm+

The machines seem to suxx, the brand is HERCULEZ, some cardio machines already start to have problems, is it a cheap shiiite Chinese brand ?

The Fairtex gym is now asking 20k for fitness only for new members and 18k for existing members renewing. I can't remember for sure but I thought it was 13k last year.

Seems they're getting a little shy about turning on the AC in there as well. Been a bit hot the last few times I was there and a few people complaining about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Boca said:

The Fairtex gym is now asking 20k for fitness only for new members and 18k for existing members renewing. I can't remember for sure but I thought it was 13k last year.

Seems they're getting a little shy about turning on the AC in there as well. Been a bit hot the last few times I was there and a few people complaining about it.

But they aren't shy about asking 20k. It's small and under equipped too. It doesn't take many people to become overcrowded in there. 

They think they save money by turning the aircon down, but they will probably lose money in the long run by employing that strategy.

7 hours ago, Boca said:

I was thinking that only Thai who understand nothing go there ?

Everybody is talking about it when it has nothing interesting (or less).

• 7 months later...

PRS is decent and the Russian Gym is amazing apart from the location and the changing rooms. The equipment is excellent and it is rarely busy. 

The reviews for Fitness 7 are not good. 

Archived