Pattaya cheapest fitness gym clubs new clubs opening soon ? Fitness7 and Fitness first ?

aber

I would not even go to Tony if you paid me 10000 thb a day...
So scare to die because of the old rusty machines.
You should have a look before you even dare to compare the WW1 tony gym and brand new Fitness 7.
If 600 thb is so much a concern exercise for free on the beach, but do not go to Tony.

Your probley right.600THB is not really a concern I was just working out the pros and cons. I was thinking of using that new beach place acuallty. I had a quick go it's good for free.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw TONY on one of the local TV channels. It all seemed very strange and odd, the interviewer looked very uncomfortable.

Just my opinion/observation,  I would never join one of his gyms and give this gentleman one dime.  

Very very odd dude......

On 10/1/2017 at 12:16 PM, SheungWan said:

The Avani fitness centre is now offering a new cheaper option if not using the club room. This is in addition to the 4-day option and the 7 day post-4pm option. All less than the standard full price membership.

I know guys on both the post-4pm and 4 day Avani membership schemes. Works for them.

Edited by SheungWan

On 10/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, bkk6060 said:

I just saw TONY on one of the local TV channels. It all seemed very strange and odd, the interviewer looked very uncomfortable.

Just my opinion/observation,  I would never join one of his gyms and give this gentleman one dime.  

Very very odd dude......

He used to hire Filipinos as promotional staff in his gyms and discos for their English speaking abilities. Maybe he still does. He'd weigh them every month and deduct from their salary if they were over a certain weight. These girls lived in fear of him. I used to train at the old Walking Street Soi 16 gym. He threatened to sack any staff if the air conditioners were on after 9 pm. I found this out because I used to turn them on and they were really worried when I did that. He also threatened to sack them if any members were caught bringing in their own water bottles. Putting it mildly, he's hard to work for and his staff members were never happy. I used "were" because despite having a lifetime membership, I haven't trained at his gyms since 2013.

Edited by tropo

On 7/2/2017 at 1:51 AM, Becker said:

I've seen ads for a new fitness center/gym that apparently will open in Mike Shopping Mall. Anyone in the know about this?

Did not see a followup maybe already mentioned.

The place has the most spectacular view of any gym on the city.

The cardio area looks out to the full ocean from the fourth floor.

All the equipment is seems very good quality, big screens everywhere, and the aircon was on in all rooms.

I was offered a 20% discount on 6 months for 8,000 b.

I know there are less expensive places, but did that not seem terrible.

One other thing.  They open at 11am now because that is when the mall opens.

But there is an elevator off Beach Rd. that I was told needs inspection.  Once that is completed (within the next 2 weeks) I was told they will open at 7am.

The place is worth a look I think.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, bkk6060 said:

Did not see a followup maybe already mentioned.

The place has the most spectacular view of any gym on the city.

The cardio area looks out to the full ocean from the fourth floor.

All the equipment is seems very good quality, big screens everywhere, and the aircon was on in all rooms.

I was offered a 20% discount on 6 months for 8,000 b.

I know there are less expensive places, but did that not seem terrible.

One other thing.  They open at 11am now because that is when the mall opens.

But there is an elevator off Beach Rd. that I was told needs inspection.  Once that is completed (within the next 2 weeks) I was told they will open at 7am.

The place is worth a look I think.

Not 24 hours ? one more totally useless gym that will finally close because managed by people who know nothing. How much better is Fitness 7 ! Except for people who still do not understand that the air con room there is big enough for anybody who is not totally stupid or a pro bodybuilder. But even, it seems that many pro bodybuilders prefer to train in no air con room. Only some champions as on this forum who pretend to know everything but actually know nothing think that air con is mandatory for pro bodybuilders (that they have never and will never be).

I also prefer air con rooms for convenience but it seems totally stupid to think that it is a fact that it is better to train in air con.

51 minutes ago, BsBs said:

Not 24 hours ? one more totally useless gym that will finally close because managed by people who know nothing. How much better is Fitness 7 ! Except for people who still do not understand that the air con room there is big enough for anybody who is not totally stupid or a pro bodybuilder. But even, it seems that many pro bodybuilders prefer to train in no air con room. Only some champions as on this forum who pretend to know everything but actually know nothing think that air con is mandatory for pro bodybuilders (that they have never and will never be).

I also prefer air con rooms for convenience but it seems totally stupid to think that it is a fact that it is better to train in air con.

"Totally stupid to think that it is ...better to train in air con" :cheesy::cheesy:

14 hours ago, BsBs said:

You really like to use the word "stupid". Look in the mirror mate because you don't have a clue what you're on about. How about naming some pro-bodybuilders who train in the tropical heat all year around - here in Thailand. Most successful pro-bodybuilders live in temperate or subtropical climates where they use air-conditioning in hot summer months. Do you know what a pro-bodybuilder is? It certainly seems like you don't. 

The only pro-bodybuilder I've ever seen in Pattaya who was actively competing was Dennis James. He used to own the Universe Gym which later relocated to Sukhumvit Road. He was arrested in February 2004 and subsequently deported. I have no idea if he trained in air conditioning or not. I've seen an ex-pro-bodybuilder in Pattaya, long after his competition years, having some casual workouts while on vacation. That was Gary Strydom. He was a pro from the 1980's and was competing up until 1992 followed by two competitions in 1996 and 2006. Guess where he chose to train? California Wow, which was always well air-conditioned. It closed in July 2012. You might see some amateurs here from time to time, on vacation. They do their serious training back at home in more favorable climates. That leaves only Thai bodybuilders, who aren't pro-bodybuilders, who may like to train in the heat, but they were born here and they are climatized to the heat from birth. Thailand (Bangkok in particular - Pattaya's about the same but more humid) has one of the hottest average yearly temperatures in the world. Note: That's not the hottest, but the hottest yearly average.

There's a difference between "can train" and optimal. Anyone can train in the heat, but it's far from optimal. I wish you hadn't come back for more, but you just couldn't help yourself.

I'll leave you to sweat in your favourite gym. I'll enjoy my air-conditioned home gym, thank you very much.

10 hours ago, tropo said:

You really like to use the word "stupid". Look in the mirror mate because you don't have a clue what you're on about. How about naming some pro-bodybuilders who train in the tropical heat all year around - here in Thailand. Most successful pro-bodybuilders live in temperate or subtropical climates where they use air-conditioning in hot summer months. Do you know what a pro-bodybuilder is? It certainly seems like you don't. 

The only pro-bodybuilder I've ever seen in Pattaya who was actively competing was Dennis James. He used to own the Universe Gym which later relocated to Sukhumvit Road. He was arrested in February 2004 and subsequently deported. I have no idea if he trained in air conditioning or not. I've seen an ex-pro-bodybuilder in Pattaya, long after his competition years, having some casual workouts while on vacation. That was Gary Strydom. He was a pro from the 1980's and was competing up until 1992 followed by two competitions in 1996 and 2006. Guess where he chose to train? California Wow, which was always well air-conditioned. It closed in July 2012. You might see some amateurs here from time to time, on vacation. They do their serious training back at home in more favorable climates. That leaves only Thai bodybuilders, who aren't pro-bodybuilders, who may like to train in the heat, but they were born here and they are climatized to the heat from birth. Thailand (Bangkok in particular - Pattaya's about the same but more humid) has one of the hottest average yearly temperatures in the world. Note: That's not the hottest, but the hottest yearly average.

There's a difference between "can train" and optimal. Anyone can train in the heat, but it's far from optimal. I wish you hadn't come back for more, but you just couldn't help yourself.

I'll leave you to sweat in your favourite gym. I'll enjoy my air-conditioned home gym, thank you very much.

... said the guy who needed 40 years to understand that training at home in a private gym is the best, and who still doesn't know that living in Thailand we need a Thai driving license...

I have no time to check your posts more, but it's so clear that you know everything and always take the right decision, that I am sorry, I am not listening anymore...

6 hours ago, BsBs said:

... said the guy who needed 40 years to understand that training at home in a private gym is the best, and who still doesn't know that living in Thailand we need a Thai driving license...

I have no time to check your posts more, but it's so clear that you know everything and always take the right decision, that I am sorry, I am not listening anymore...

So you've taken to trolling as you're unable to reply to the subject in an intelligent fashion.

Regarding the home gym. I've had 3, in 3 different countries over my 42 years of training. (I'm sure that's been explained to you already). I've always liked home gyms and preferred them to public gyms where you're likely to meet too many idiots (you're a good example). That's worse than no air-conditioning. It was already explained to you that the logistics of setting up a home gym when you're moving from country to country and place to place is quite difficult and not always possible. You can't carry home gyms around in your suitcase. Setting up a dedicated gym in a rental house is not always easy, and of course, no one is going to buy a house just to have a home gym, in which case you're going to try to find a public gym. Fitness 7 doesn't tick the boxes of what makes a good gym, but then again, neither do any others in Pattaya IMO... so you could say it's as good as any. I won't argue with that.

I would be well pleased if you don't reply. That's up to you. There's no need to cry about it - just do it.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:32 PM, tropo said:

Not sure about bodybuilding, but sweating can be healthy as it helps purge the body of toxins

5 hours ago, torrzent said:

Not sure about bodybuilding, but sweating can be healthy as it helps purge the body of toxins

That's why people use saunas. You don't need to train to sweat in Thailand. The whole idea of using air conditioning while training is to allow you to work harder. I still sweat and wear a sweatband in an air-conditioned room set to 25 - 26C with fans.

Edited by tropo

On 12/8/2017 at 3:16 PM, tropo said:

That's why people use saunas. You don't need to train to sweat in Thailand. The whole idea of using air conditioning while training is to allow you to work harder. I still sweat and wear a sweatband in an air-conditioned room set to 25 - 26C with fans.

who wants to play some round ball?

image.jpeg.0b682ed52279550deef6dd1cea4165a9.jpeg

5 hours ago, torrzent said:

who wants to play some round ball?

image.jpeg.0b682ed52279550deef6dd1cea4165a9.jpeg

Not far off. Mine are black Adidas sweatbands... train so hard in air conditioning I need a sweatband to prevent sweat pouring over my eyes. When I'm doing cardio there's sweat on the floor - fancy that. A sweatband and still dripping sweat in air conditioning with fans blowing on me. People have this false idea that air conditioning = no sweating.