Pattaya cheapest fitness gym clubs new clubs opening soon ? Fitness7 and Fitness first ?

aber

9 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Fitness is the best gym for the price in BKK and Pattaya. Only people who have never been there and know nothing dare to tell that it's not good.

The bar is extremely low for gyms in Pattaya. It doesn't take much to get a "good" label. 

You already spoiled your assessment of Fitness gyms with the descriptor "best gym for the price". How about a good gym "<deleted> the price". 

I have a lifetime membership at Tony's (never use it) for 15K. That's about as good as you can get "for the price" LOL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Fitness is the best gym for the price in BKK and Pattaya. Only people who have never been there and know nothing dare to tell that it's not good.

The reviews are rubbish. 

No aircon in Pattaya? May as well go to Tony's. 

Several libelous posts have been removed also replies: 

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Reviews where ? Anyway keep talking if you like to talk about what you know nothing.

I'll tell you what I know. I visited Fitness 7 when it first opened in September last year. It was well stocked with equipment but only the fitness area was air conditioned. This area has most of the cardio machines and a limited selection of strength equipment. The large main area of the gym where I would do most of my exercise was not air conditioned. Has this changed since last year? If they have air conditioned the main area, then it will be a fine place to train.

Right now, and for several months (and for several months more), the indoor temperatures in Pattaya (in the shade) have been between 31 and 32C, with humidity between 70 and 80%. That's too hot to have a decent workout. There's no doubt you will sweat a lot, but that has no bearing on the quality of your workout.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'll tell you what I know. I visited Fitness 7 when it first opened in September last year. It was well stocked with equipment but only the fitness area was air conditioned. This area has most of the cardio machines and a limited selection of strength equipment. The large main area of the gym where I would do most of my exercise was not air conditioned. Has this changed since last year? If they have air conditioned the main area, then it will be a fine place to train.

Right now, and for several months (and for several months more), the indoor temperatures in Pattaya (in the shade) have been between 31 and 32C, with humidity between 70 and 80%. That's too hot to have a decent workout. There's no doubt you will sweat a lot, but that has no bearing on the quality of your workout.

We know about your feeling about heat, you told it hundreds times on this forum, but millions people in the world just don't care and train in hot temperature, some even like it more. You should stop thinking that your idea is the truth, because this is far to be correct. And also, I am not a stupid guy enough to post anything with any real IP address that belongs to my name, and I am not the king of guy who will ever be caught for anything wrong he did in his life. I do not pay bail and I am too smart to be involved in any trouble online or offline. Just to help you to understand that I can post what I want where I want. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

We know about your feeling about heat, you told it hundreds times on this forum, but millions people in the world just don't care and train in hot temperature, some even like it more. You should stop thinking that your idea is the truth, because this is far to be correct. And also, I am not a stupid guy enough to post anything with any real IP address that belongs to my name, and I am not the king of guy who will ever be caught for anything wrong he did in his life. I do not pay bail and I am too smart to be involved in any trouble online or offline. Just to help you to understand that I can post what I want where I want. Thank you.

Take it up with the moderator, not me, as they have deleted your defamatory posts already. I think you are one of those guys you think you aren't.

Anyone who thinks training in 30C plus heat is a good idea is clueless. You live in the dark ages where people gauge workout quality by how much they sweat. I've seen quite a few people (Thais mainly) training in PVC bodysuits to increase sweating, so you're in good company. Why not just sit in the sauna instead of pretending to train?

How about you answer the question about whether or not the main area of Fitness 7 is air conditioned or not. In a previous post, you claim that it is. I last saw this gym in September. Maybe they put in some aircon units since then.

3 minutes ago, sustanon said:

30c plus is ok .... if you play phone, or pretend to workout with the pink dumbells for ladys

That's what most of them do here. What else can you do at 32C other than pretend?

On 5/15/2016 at 9:01 PM, ThaiBob said:

There is also a fitness center in the recently opened Harbor Mall which is still being constructed. Looks like another one or two months before they open.

Would this be on the sixth floor ?

2 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Really, life never showed you how wrong you are to think that your ideas are the truth ? It's incredible !

It's your own idea and millions of bodybuilders do not share it, understand ?!

LOL> millions of bodybuilders think it's good to train in extreme heat? Instead of making incredibly silly statements, how about you back up your theories.

5 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Reviews where ? Anyway keep talking if you like to talk about what you know nothing.

Facebook, Google, TripAdvisor and other forums I cannot mention here. Does this not agree with your rather delicate world view? They don't even turn on the escalator anymore in the afternoon, Thai run rubbish apparently. 

Are you the owner? The reviews say it sucks. You want to work out in 35 degrees go to the top of the hill of some sh&tty Tony's gym.  

1 minute ago, angsta said:

Facebook, Google, TripAdvisor and other forums I cannot mention here. Does this not agree with your rather delicate world view? They don't even turn on the escalator anymore in the afternoon, Thai run rubbish apparently. 

Are you the owner? The reviews say it sucks. You want to work out in 35 degrees go to the top of the hill of some sh&tty Tony's gym.  

Buy a life, I am fed up with monkeys of your style.

Just now, bangkokairportlink said:

Buy a life, I am fed up with monkeys of your style.

Or facts? Yeah, I hate facts as well. And information. Why do you bother even posting? It is a sweat box. A badly manged one at that. 

1 hour ago, angsta said:

We can't get any reviews from the peeps posting here, who claim it is a wonderful gym, so I had to find reviews from people who train there.

Here was a telling review by someone who probably knows a thing or two about gyms:

"I say ok being that's it what I call - can tick over like some hotel gyms. 
My reasons:-
No squat rack, the majority of machines are the worst I've ever used. Chest press - terrible can't get in or out of it - same goes for shoulder press also. Assisted chin dip machine bottoms out as if you are not tall enough but I'm 1.85m tall. Leg extension machine should be used with your knee in line at the pivot point and this can't happen because machine's seat won't get to correct position. There are
many more but bored of writing - This gym is typically set up by a clueless person/owner who doesn't train and has no idea! But is only interested in numbers paying money - please prove me wrong!!
Written by
very qualified trainer and gym owner of 12yrs!! (Trained in gyms for 30yrs)!"

And another good report:

"Broken equipment, I told staff it was broken, they looked at it and went back to talking and laughing at reception.

Staff are lazy, sit playing on their phones when the gym is a mess, weights everywhere.

Not enough of the useful equipment but plenty of the machines that never work ergonomically."

And another one:

"To the owner(s) : 
I send 30 years in many Fitness.
Did you ask one time if your customers are happy or not ??
It was a nice Fitness before and you make a shitt now.
You put A/C only in 40% of the place and just with the machines with light weight.
60% with the havy machines didn't have A/C, WHY ???? 
We can pay more if you want but please put A/C everywhere with 1 or 2°C more and put on every walls fans. On this way you will not pay more for electricity !!!
No one in the staff can talk English !!!
Why you have so much staff and no one can make a shaker of protein ??"

On 7/3/2017 at 0:45 AM, tropo said:

We can't get any reviews from the peeps posting here, who claim it is a wonderful gym, so I had to find reviews from people who train there.

Here was a telling review by someone who probably knows a thing or two about gyms:

"I say ok being that's it what I call - can tick over like some hotel gyms. 
My reasons:-
No squat rack, the majority of machines are the worst I've ever used. Chest press - terrible can't get in or out of it - same goes for shoulder press also. Assisted chin dip machine bottoms out as if you are not tall enough but I'm 1.85m tall. Leg extension machine should be used with your knee in line at the pivot point and this can't happen because machine's seat won't get to correct position. There are
many more but bored of writing - This gym is typically set up by a clueless person/owner who doesn't train and has no idea! But is only interested in numbers paying money - please prove me wrong!!
Written by
very qualified trainer and gym owner of 12yrs!! (Trained in gyms for 30yrs)!"

And another good report:

"Broken equipment, I told staff it was broken, they looked at it and went back to talking and laughing at reception.

Staff are lazy, sit playing on their phones when the gym is a mess, weights everywhere.

Not enough of the useful equipment but plenty of the machines that never work ergonomically."

And another one:

"To the owner(s) : 
I send 30 years in many Fitness.
Did you ask one time if your customers are happy or not ??
It was a nice Fitness before and you make a shitt now.
You put A/C only in 40% of the place and just with the machines with light weight.
60% with the havy machines didn't have A/C, WHY ???? 
We can pay more if you want but please put A/C everywhere with 1 or 2°C more and put on every walls fans. On this way you will not pay more for electricity !!!
No one in the staff can talk English !!!
Why you have so much staff and no one can make a shaker of protein ??"

These are exactly the types of reviews I was referring to. Cheers. 

2 hours ago, angsta said:

These are exactly the types of reviews I was referring to. Cheers. 

To be fair, there were a few good reviews, but more in the line of "great gym" with no particular details. I give more weight to reviews by people who sound like they understand something about gyms and how things should work. There were a lot of complaints about no aircon.

Either way, for me, it's a non-starter without aircon. It's a shame - it had good potential. They haven't even put in decent fans to compensate.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:43 AM, angsta said:

PRS is decent and the Russian Gym is amazing apart from the location and the changing rooms. The equipment is excellent and it is rarely busy. 

The reviews for Fitness 7 are not good. 

PRS has a very good cardio room but the free weights section is really small. Good changing rooms and a nice pool/sauna but it seems to have lost a few members. I have seen that there are a few new Russian gyms in the area and they look much better for the serious weight user. Still ok for a couple of months but on the way out. 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I am thinking of joining a gym. Does the one in the Avenue offer advice on how to use the equipment?

I went to a Tony's once but I didn't really know how to use the equipment so I never went back.

I live in Jomtien and don't drive so I need one I can get to with the Bhat buses. And I don't really want to pay more then 1500THB a month.

I ant that worried about the body building aspect of it. I just want to get fit. And loose a bit of weight.

Also I aways wondered about the showers in Gyms are they private?

I don't fancy getting in a shower room with a load of blokes to tell the Truth. You can luagh if you want. I can't imagine leaving the gym and getting back on the bus without one. So the that definitely puts me off.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, juice777 said:

Hi guys I am thinking of joining a gym. Does the one in the Avenue offer advice on how to use the equipment?

I went to a Tony's once but I didn't really know how to use the equipment so I never went back.

I live in Jomtien and don't drive so I need one I can get to with the Bhat buses. And I don't really want to pay more then 1500THB a month.

I ant that worried about the body building aspect of it. I just want to get fit. And loose a bit of weight.

Also I aways wondered about the showers in Gyms are they private?

I don't fancy getting in a shower room with a load of blokes to tell the Truth. You can luagh if you want. I can't imagine leaving the gym and getting back on the bus without one. So the that definitely puts me off.

1500, private showers, 10 free personal trainers doing nothing all day long ready to help you use the machines.

Some idiots seem to think that this gym is bad but for 1500 baht a month (and pay monthy without membership!) when the new standard in Thailand is 2500 for not always better gym, fitness 7 is the best deal if you want to train in aircon, except maybe for the champion mister universe style bodybuilders of this forum...

On 7/5/2017 at 10:44 AM, angsta said:

PRS has a very good cardio room but the free weights section is really small. Good changing rooms and a nice pool/sauna but it seems to have lost a few members. I have seen that there are a few new Russian gyms in the area and they look much better for the serious weight user. Still ok for a couple of months but on the way out. 

2500/month and not better than fitness 7 except the pool.

1500, private showers, 10 free personal trainers doing nothing all day long ready to help you use the machines.

Some idiots seem to think that this gym is bad but for 1500 baht a month (and pay monthy without membership!) when the new standard in Thailand is 2500 for not always better gym, fitness 7 is the best deal if you want to train in aircon, except maybe for the champion mister universe style bodybuilders of this forum...

Thanks for the help I've been doing a bit of reaching. And the only other option for me which I can afford and get to easy is. Jomtien Tony's for 900 THB. Which I think is worst then fitness 7.but it dose have its advantages. Closer I can even walk there so don't care to much about the showers. And 600THB cheaper. But how much worse is it then fitness 7 anyone know?

I am thinking of trying out all the gyms which I can get to for a day. I might even pay for a trainer for a day just so I know how to use the equipment.then I can join what one I want.

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

Thanks for the help I've been doing a bit of reaching. And the only other option for me which I can afford and get to easy is. Jomtien Tony's for 900 THB. Which I think is worst then fitness 7.but it dose have its advantages. Closer I can even walk there so don't care to much about the showers. And 600THB cheaper. But how much worse is it then fitness 7 anyone know?

I am thinking of trying out all the gyms which I can get to for a day. I might even pay for a trainer for a day just so I know how to use the equipment.then I can join what one I want.

I would not even go to Tony if you paid me 10000 thb a day...

So scare to die because of the old rusty machines.

You should have a look before you even dare to compare the WW1 tony gym and brand new Fitness 7.

If 600 thb is so much a concern exercise for free on the beach, but do not go to Tony.

4 hours ago, bleble said:

I would not even go to Tony if you paid me 10000 thb a day...

So scare to die because of the old rusty machines.

You should have a look before you even dare to compare the WW1 tony gym and brand new Fitness 7.

If 600 thb is so much a concern exercise for free on the beach, but do not go to Tony.

LOL> so you don't like Tony's then?

Some people like older, rusted iron barbells. It reminds me of when I started in the 70's in a basement. With the way they chrome stuff in Thailand, you could be safer with the old rusted ones than the new shiny ones. I've got my own at home and I've cut myself a number of times on peeling chrome plating.:smile:

If you're really worried, wear gloves.

Archived