Where to build?

grabitanrun

Hey All,

About 10-12yrs ago I had a few properties built near the reservoir (Mabprachan), but I'm finding that it's getting a lot busier these days.

I'd like to find some land around 45-60 minutes from Patts to build another house so I'm still near enough for shopping and see the odd movie but far enough away from the madness to have a peaceful life - any suggestions?

Grabbit

Know a guy who built an expensive home out in the boonies...had a good thing going...until one day his house was surrounded by men with automatic weapons...he was encouraged to come up with an extremely large sum of money to continue to maintain his lifestyle or suffer the consequences...he slipped away during the night and left everything behind...

Now he is back living in the relative safety of the city...

Know a guy who built an expensive home out in the boonies...had a good thing going...until one day his house was surrounded by men with automatic weapons...he was encouraged to come up with an extremely large sum of money to continue to maintain his lifestyle or suffer the consequences...he slipped away during the night and left everything behind...

Hope he gutted and burned the house to the foundation before buggering off.

Hilarity ensues.

If this is true, I'm sure there is much more to the story then we're being told.

If this is true, I'm sure there is much more to the story then we're being told.

That foul smell is the local BS in the air....??

Go east? smile.png

When driving home leaving Sin City I sometimes drive east crossing highway 36 to road 3240 (ending on highway 331).

It's still a quiet "rural" greenish area.

On a hilltop there is a first village project being built.

I don't know the actual status, just a Thai only website:

http://longview.co.th/

https://goo.gl/maps/TaTBnax99mT2

17 km on the road to Pattaya beach rd.

By theory(!) to be done in 25 min tongue.png

To me it looks like moving further east from the east/darkside might be the next expansion?

I DO like Bang Saray but there's quite a lot of building going on there right now, so a few years and it will be another concrete jungle.

As far as distance, it's about right and I know there's a few quiet roads nearing that area, not sure of land prices though.

And whats the PROS about village living.............i just dont get it.

The rule of law doesnt exist for fabangs.

Hell, if you think where you are now is busy! you better start to look at a Island! You do know they are planning to build another City out there! A Big C and Lotus are also rumor to being built.

Can you post the source of this information wai2.gif

Go east? smile.png

When driving home leaving Sin City I sometimes drive east crossing highway 36 to road 3240 (ending on highway 331).

To me it looks like moving further east from the east/darkside might be the next expansion?

Is that the one on the left going towards the 331 with a couple of large grey walls (not joined together) and opposite some other construction on the other side of the road - looks like some sort of rainwater catchment? If it is then has been derelict for a while if not then apologies.

Go east? smile.png

Is that the one on the left going towards the 331 with a couple of large grey walls (not joined together) and opposite some other construction on the other side of the road - looks like some sort of rainwater catchment? If it is then has been derelict for a while if not then apologies.

It must be a year or so when I last passed there.

The construction was not very advanced.

So maybe they gave up. Too early to move in this area?

I was in a meeting last year with a guy who is well involved with what is going on in Pattaya. The topic turn to the other side of the Maphrachan Lake area which is run by the Pong Municipal and one of the official mentioned that they have plans to build a large city out there? Someone also mentioned the large land area as you are going out on Soi Siam just as you hit the lake by the establishment Venue! I also heard rumors from someone at Planet Football that the land at the junction of the traffic light where the 7/11/Mini Lotus/ and the Motorcycle shop is located that a Big C or Lotus is planning to be build. Sorry to give you the wrong impression but everything I have heard is rumor and speculation.

Bowin not far from Sriracha,Pattaya 40min, Rayong 45min,Bkk 1.5hrs, has a Tesco Lotus, Not many westerners, Maryvit School. Nice houses a great place to live

I agree, went there last year to get some motorcycle work done, pleasant enough place.

Exactly the same thing happened in many villages in Southern Europe,

it's nothing new, the advertisement read like this, ''Old Farmhouse For

Sale'' great potential to renovate, live in or sell, many were sold and

then renovated with new foreign retired residents moving in,, then oddly

enough stories of house assaults, murders, beatings were common news,

so buy many dogs, then the news stories were, house assaults, murders,

beatings, guard dogs found poisoned,, residents killed, what do we do ?

post-141778-0-16836600-1463229114_thumb.

Go east? smile.png

I have been using 3240 frequently since the New Year and judging by how wide they have made it, all the way to the Mabprachan junction, it is destined for heavier traffic. I am pretty sure the land values / rai around there have been creeping up accordingly. Long View is in a beautiful location in Khao Mai Kaew but their home plans look like the typical holiday homes being touted in the newer villages on Huayyai down to Siilver Lake. Big on windows, moderate on floor space, tight on land and bugger all storage.