Kan air just canceld our flight to hua hin for 24th where to complain for compensation

johnmcedinghburg

We booked an direct flight to Hua Hin onthe 24th and now they send me an mail That they cancelde THE flights as they have problems with THE plain?.

I dont believe them and want to make a complain to THE richt autority.

11 dans before departure they tell you they cant repair????

Now i need to book an flight to Bangkok, rent a car or drive from cm to hua hin.

I was by mind to make an long trip to Phuket but decided to go to Hua Hin as I didnt want to drive iT.

So now I cant cancel my hotel in Hua hin and Will have extra Cost by Kan Air.

So what can i do to have compensation for extra cost of flights, and rental car?

You should file a complaint with your credit card company about them making a false charge.

This is why we always book expenses of this kind with our Visa card issued by our U.S. credit union. We get a refund immediately. We've had similar problems with Thai airlines booking "phantom" flights and then cancelling a week or so before the scheduled trip, but after we've made hotel and other bookings. Sadly, you won't get compensation for car rental, but at least you'll get your refund right away with a foreign credit card.

Kan Air cancel a fair anount of times. Most recently for CM because of haze, widely reported in media.

Kan Air can cancel at their whim, like most airlines. Terms and Conditions for Kan Air are not best seller length.

9.2 Cancellation, Changes of Schedules:
At any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:
(a) Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking.

Refund conditions and arrangements are also on T&C.

Complaint wise you could try their Facebook page initially (or Twitter ref). That may draw some response directing you to appropriate avenue. But remember to play nicely in the land of defamation.

Whilst I accept that it is a pain, that is also a risk with budget air lines generally

Not sure what you want to achieve recompense wise but the best I thought you could get would be a sorry and a refund. Knowing the T&C (which were in effect at time of purchase) this is hardly a business model for ex gratia payments for other losses (additional costs or car hire) as it would open up flood gates. Not in Kansas any more.

Edited by mamborobert

my flight with nox air cancelled the night before,booked another flight with nox air early in the day,had a evening flight booked. all my monies was returned for the cancelled flight about 2 weeks later, good service kept one informed through out good customer service.

a few years ago i was standing in line to check in at SFO for a flight for my daughter's wedding in Italy. All of us were going to Paris first with Air France and had our tickets. While in line to check in, they announced the flight was cancelled. NO refunds... but they would get us out the next day on available flights and paid our hotel. So we lost a very expensive night in Paris, got a cheap ass motel near SFO and the next day, the whole wedding group flew out on 4 different airlines, thru 4 different cities (non of them air france) and eventually we all arrived in Paris very late into the night of our second expensive hotel.

I fumed, raged, wrote letters etc... contacted IATA and so on... and got nothing... was quoted chapter and verse of the damn agreements and was told since we did not claim refund of ticket and had accepted their alternative bookings (it was summer and we were lucky to get out to paris the next day at all for a reasonable price ), since taking a refund and paying full fare on another airline was just throwing money away... i tried to get them to pay for our lost nights in Paris... no such luck...

it's a dog eat dog world out there and you are just a bone that gets chewed on..

FWIW... voted with my feet and never taken Air France again...

Kanair don't fly CNX to HHQ on Tuedays (24th), only Friday and Sunday.

Cheers, Rob

Kanair don't fly CNX to HHQ on Tuedays (24th), only Friday and Sunday

Why do you make such an incorrect and therefore ignorant comment. It takes a few minutes to look at the website and see that they do fly on Tuesdays. Very poor Post

my flight with nox air cancelled the night before,booked another flight with nox air early in the day,had a evening flight booked. all my monies was returned for the cancelled flight about 2 weeks later, good service kept one informed through out good customer service.

Nok Air ,seem to go the extra mile .They did though have problems recently with pilots walking off the job .I think that has now been settled .

Thanks for information, have contacted my VISA company and Will get my money back, for THE rest i Will go by car to hua hin, and never book again with cheap budget companies. Thanks again

Now you know why they are cheap

You should file a complaint with your credit card company about them making a false charge.

This is why we always book expenses of this kind with our Visa card issued by our U.S. credit union. We get a refund immediately. We've had similar problems with Thai airlines booking "phantom" flights and then cancelling a week or so before the scheduled trip, but after we've made hotel and other bookings. Sadly, you won't get compensation for car rental, but at least you'll get your refund right away with a foreign credit card.

Is there an easy, inexpensive way to contact the credit card company. I don't like calling internationally and having to go through a phone tree and waiting on hold. Can't call the 800 number from my mobile.

If an airline says the plane is broken that's good enough for me. Hate to be plummeting to the earth at 600 mph and have the pilot pop his head out of the cockpit and say "told you so..."

Use credit cards not cash to book flights for protection.

Use a site with excellent customer service reputation as you will likely need it. Airlines will often not assist you if you have used an intermediary service. If you payed cash with Ting Tong Travel expect nothing. I found Priceline to be very efficient in this area.

Book hotels with agoda at locations that allow last minute cancelations or pay after stay options, many do.

Stop complaining. TIT. The word "complain" does not translate.

The squeaky wheel often gets the grease in my country but here it only gets blank stares and silence.

Is there an easy, inexpensive way to contact the credit card company. I don't like calling internationally and having to go through a phone tree and waiting on hold. Can't call the 800 number from my mobile.

Usually you can call collect.

Skype is free to 800 numbers

Usually you can call collect.

Only from a landline

I start the claim process on-line. I check our Visa card activity every couple days on-line just to make sure there isn't a problem. I can click on the listing for a specific transaction to see details and there's a way to send a message to the credit card company about that transaction. That's the way to initiate a claim, not via a phone call.

If you're not set up to see your credit card activity on-line, you should be. Hubby says it's like me having a tracking chip, esp. when I take a little trip to Bangkok without him. He can follow my movements around Bangkok in real time just by watching the activity with our Visa card on the internet.

If you subscribe to Skype's telephone option (about $12 per m), you can phone from your computer to a land line (and also to mobiles) for unlimited time to anywhere in the world FROM anywhere in the world.

I am not sure how many people know about this, but it surely is the most economical way of making a long-distance phone call known to humankind.

I am not sure whether it works FROM a mobile, but you can certainly phone TO mobiles.

Open a Skype account and put £10 credit on it and call international numbers from your computer - it is amazingly inexpensive and very simple.

Open a Skype account and put £10 credit on it and call international numbers from your computer - it is amazingly inexpensive and very simple.

It is very irritating when someone demonstrates very clearly that he or she has not read the preceding posts. (see in particular, post #26)