Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Another win but, for the first half an hour, we played like we weren't interested. Up until Willian scored the goal, he was again lethargic and listless. 'How we miss Pedro' was what I was thinking. The goal definitely revitalised Willian. He was everywhere after that, taking people on and tackling back. Marvellous thing confidence! However, we can't be as uncertain in defence when we go to Tottenham.

Agree OG
Just watching the spuds destroy Watford has me a little concerned about a potential end to our record breaking run. Especially with Klop's lot winning at every opportunity. I'm so glad we have the 6 points cushion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, oldgit said:

Another win but, for the first half an hour, we played like we weren't interested. Up until Willian scored the goal, he was again lethargic and listless. 'How we miss Pedro' was what I was thinking. The goal definitely revitalised Willian. He was everywhere after that, taking people on and tackling back. Marvellous thing confidence! However, we can't be as uncertain in defence when we go to Tottenham.

10 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Agree OG
Just watching the spuds destroy Watford has me a little concerned about a potential end to our record breaking run. Especially with Klop's lot winning at every opportunity. I'm so glad we have the 6 points cushion

yes agreed , we will have to find that gear,particular with the high balls sailing into our defence,where both goals came from,interesting to note Totts  used a back three formation,so it appears they will match our formation there, Conte The Great One,has so far answered all teams tactics to take points ,but we have reached a  Bakers Dozen of wins straight,but this is our biggest test to date, away to side who  are in top form ,may the best side win

its a rainy good monday to all

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Agree OG

Yes mate. Tottenham were able to rest Dembele and Walker and still stroll past Watford so, we should be prepared for a tough encounter. Now, if we can reciprocate the performance against City, that would be perfect !

• Like 1

Only 4 defeats in our last 30 visits to 3 points lane ....not exactly a bogey ground for us is it. Agreed we will have to be on our toes and focused....i just want the ref to do his job...especially if that hothead lamela starts.

• Like 2

Interesting to see how Chelsea play some sort of quality Leicester/Italian style football, where they sit back, and then counter attack, and score on almost every shot on target.

And still it is explained as some sort of ingenious style.

Italian football has arrived in England, and good luck, as you need it.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Only 4 defeats in our last 30 visits to 3 points lane ....not exactly a bogey ground for us is it. Agreed we will have to be on our toes and focused....i just want the ref to do his job...especially if that hothead lamela starts.

I thought you stopped calling it that about 10 years ago !

Edited by alfieconn

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Chelsea get 3 games in 10 days and all games in London over the xmas period/new year cluster, just a slight advantage

All done by the FA Bob....just to wind up that fukker at OT .Anyway you try driving a bus around London..not easy...and then you have to.... park it.?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Crickey you're a bit locked in the past!!  Have you spent the last ten years stuck in a bubble?

38 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Why what's happened in  the last ten years then....you won anything???

Oh so you've moved on quickly from the 3 point land jibe then!!!

And come to think of it, no we haven't won much but  Chelski's bought loads haven't you, all with stolen roubles. 

But you're still a small club with a sugar daddy.:passifier:

Now mad dog, can we focus on the derby please!!

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tottenham Hotspur last won a trophy 3238 days ago
Trophy: Football League Cup
Date: 2008-02-23
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London
Chelsea FC 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur

And we've still won more trophies than you :biggrin:

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Oh so you've moved on quickly from the 3 point land jibe then!!!

And come to think of it, no we haven't won much but  Chelski's bought loads haven't you, all with stolen roubles. 

But you're still a small club with a sugar daddy.:passifier:

Now mad dog, can we focus on the derby please!!

Still trotting out that old small club won lottery..what about the ever exploding clown car....given that one a rest have ya.....get a  life mate.   We won more trophys and qualified for champions league football under Vialli than you have won in the last god knows how long...

Long before the Russian turned up. 

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

Still trotting out that old small club won lottery..what about the ever exploding clown car....given that one a rest have ya.....get a  life mate.   We won more trophys and qualified for champions league football under Vialli than you have won in the last god knows how long...

You wouldn't last long in a trout stream would you.

Probably just pre match nerves.......

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

You wouldn't last long in a trout stream would you.

Probably just pre match nerves.......

You should be a politician mate.....never ever give a straight answer or a direct response to any question raised ....just post your little hand grenades on everybody's threads then..... Foxtrot Oscar. Put it down to banter eh!!! My arrsse✌

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

You should be a politician mate.....never ever give a straight answer or a direct response to any question raised ....just post your little hand grenades on everybody's threads then..... Foxtrot Oscar. Put it down to banter eh!!! My arrsse✌

I can feel the rage.  

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think your find old boy that when we were on a level playing field I.e. pre Abromowich day's, our trophy haul pissed over your's so i don't really see what a couple of trophies won under Vialli has got to with it, it's like us talking about what we won under Billy Nic  :shock1:

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I think your find old boy that when we were on a level playing field I.e. pre Abromowich day's, our trophy haul pissed over your's so i don't really see what a couple of trophies won under Vialli has got to with it, it's like us talking about what we won under Billy Nic  :shock1:

Funny you should mention Billy Nic...sonny....as that was probably the last time you won anything of note. As for a level playing....your run by 4b2s 

You have always had money...just that eberneezer levy or the old man tucked away on Albany Golf course in the Bahamas ..seem to have short arms and long pockets.. 

Very poor defending for that 1st goal, both Luiz and Moses at fault for that imo. The 2nd goal...didn, t see it as my Mobdro app decided to have rest for 10 minutes...deleted. Good win for Tottenham and of course the many ABC brigade....still not all bad news still top for at least another 2 weeks....and I did manage to run over at least 7 Cockerals on my way to town..,.at least I think they were Cockerals?

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

very disappointing but no complaints at all, we allowed Alli to score the same goal twice

fair play to spurs, the best team won,we never stepped up that gear,and failed to defend those high balls coming in , ( same against Stoke 2 goals)

incidently the last time that we lost to spurs ,by a two goal margin (Jan 2015) we won the title

still 5 points clear,and that monkey ( 13 straight wins) is off our back ( touch wood)

its still a beautiful  morning to all

• Like 2

On 30/11/2559 at 8:26 PM, oldgit said:

Strewth cobber, we're getting edgy because, after the masterclass against Everton,  Middlesboro gave us a few scares then Spurs ran us ragged for the first 20 mins (Dembele left Matic and Kante toiling a couple of times) . and, even when we went 2-1 up, they were still the better side for most of the second half.

Yes, we haven't got Champions League football but, with the amount of energy the team exudes during the course of the game, we've got to look at a few replacements at least. 9 untouchables and two floaters sounds about right to me. K/S is a 'trite' concerned with Willian but, given another run out, I reckon he'll be fit and focussed enough to step in for Pedro, when the need arises. I'm always concerned with Alonso's lack of pace. He's like a newly born foal galloping down the wing and takes ages to get back defensively. I would stick Aina in for some games. Have you seen Nathan Ake at Bournmouth recently? Stand on me, if he's not back in the squad at Chelsea next season, I'll go to work.

It looks like Chelsea want Ake  back much earlier than anticipated, according to Eddie Howe. A few questions arise. Will he be used to replace Luiz, in which case, whats wrong with Zouma? Will he replace Alonso, as an attacking alternative, in the left sided wing back role, in which case Aina could be out on loan in January.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2017 at 9:22 AM, evenstevens said:

very disappointing but no complaints at all, we allowed Alli to score the same goal twice

fair play to spurs, the best team won,we never stepped up that gear,and failed to defend those high balls coming in , ( same against Stoke 2 goals)

incidently the last time that we lost to spurs ,by a two goal margin (Jan 2015) we won the title

still 5 points clear,and that monkey ( 13 straight wins) is off our back ( touch wood)

its still a beautiful  morning to all

You lost won of the tougher fixtures you face this season is all really.  I doubt Conte is at all perturbed and no reason to be.  Chelsea are still the team to beat.  You didn't need to win, we did and maybe there was the subtle difference

• Like 2