Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

This notion of buying the league is quite ridiculous in the sense that of course it is true to an extent. Man city are the big spenders now, Chelsea before that (and still), United before them (Rio for £30m in 2002, a defender <deleted>) and Liverpool before them - first team to break the 1m transfer i think. Notice any pattern? If you want to win you must spend, simple.

The only team to spend big without success is the Spuds.

Spurs finished 4th, 5th and 4th with a starting 11 that cost 2m less than Fernando Torres cost Chelsea and with a wage cap of 70k per week.

Better to do your homework first than come on here talking rubbish. thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Sorry I thought success was winning. Who came 4th in the 100 metre Olympics in China? Bet you don't need to google who won. Lol.

It's funny how football fans become bean counting accountants when they win nothing.

Edited by mjj

Sorry I thought success was winning. Who came 4th in the 100 metre Olympics in China? Bet you don't need to google who won. Lol.

It's funny how football fans become bean counting accountants when they win nothing.

Don't be hard on yourself and theres no need to apologise. Just learn from your mistakes

• Like 1

Since 1992 Spuds have spent net £175m, and won 2 league cups. Chelsea spent £579m and won the League 3 times, fa cup 6, league cup 3, community shield 4, super cup and of course the one with the big ears.

Manure have spent just £190m in the same time.

http://www.transferl...2-to-today.html

So spending 8m pounds a year is spending big is it ? best you go back to supporting either Fulham or Qpr then perhaps you won't talk so much <deleted> !

Since 1992 Spuds have spent net £175m, and won 2 league cups. Chelsea spent £579m and won the League 3 times, fa cup 6, league cup 3, community shield 4, super cup and of course the one with the big ears.

So spending 8m pounds a year is spending big is it ? best you go back to supporting either Fulham or Qpr then perhaps you won't talk so much <deleted> !

It is if means you are the fifth biggest spender in the epl. 8m might be peanuts today but it wasn't 20 years ago.

Fulham or QPR hmmmm, I bet you say that to every Chelsea fan, very predictable. Do you want to call me plastic next?

It is if means you are the fifth biggest spender in the epl. 8m might be peanuts today but it wasn't 20 years ago.

Fulham or QPR hmmmm, I bet you say that to every Chelsea fan, very predictable. Do you want to call me plastic next?

I'm just working on the assumption that all the supporters you've acquired since being successfull have come from somewhere !

• 1992–93: 18,754
  • 1993–94: 19,211
  • 1994–95: 21,062
  • 1995–96: 25,598
  • 1996–97: 27,617
  • 1997–98: 33,387
  • 1998–99: 34,571
  • 1999–00: 34,532
  • 2000–01: 34,700
  • 2001–02: 38,834
  • 2002–03: 39,784
  • 2003–04: 41,234
  • 2004–05: 41,870
  • 2005–06: 41,902
  • 2006–07: 41,909
  • 2007–08: 41,397
  • 2008–09: 41,464
  • 2009–10: 41,423

Strange how your attendances picked up after 1996 when you started winning trophies 24.gif24.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I see you can use wiki. Shame there is no info on 3 point lane regarding attendances, maybe too embarrassing or that spurs fans have difficulty using a computer.

Did you see what the hightest ever attendance was at a football match in England? Yes, you've guessed it, Chelsea. Over 100,000.

Anyway, Spurs should have more money this year as they have the most expensive season ticket in the epl.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats going on lads? We can,t go from beating Barca and Bayern to losing to Brighton,friendly or not. I am just a little concerned,and although i agree that Rdm deserved a crack at the top job i don,t believe he can do it. He pulled off the unbelieveable,because we were down to the bare bones and he and the players had no option but to perform as a team or fold.

Now a bit like Ranieri,Rdm has nearly every piece of the jigsaw,but can he put it all together,i don,t think so. I,d like to know who is buying the players,cos it ain,t Rdm,and what is it with this obsession for Moses of Wigan,don,t tell me that Roman has been scouting him. So who is it?

Am i on my own in being a little bit negative?

We will have more of an idea after Sundays game against City. Although our results have been shocking (3 losses in a row) we have not had the full squad to choose from. Oscar is still at the Olympics, Torres came to the party late, even Turnbull has been used in goal!

Don't push the panic button yet, I'm sure that when the season starts the players will move up a gear.

As for Moses, I have no idea why we want him. Our 5 man midfield is already bursting with talent and I don't see how Moses will fit in. Oscar, Mata, Ramires, Hazard, Lampard, Marin, Mikel, KDB, Josh, etc. Maybe Moses is happy to sit on the bench and be backup. If so, good sub to have.

We will have more of an idea after Sundays game against City. Although our results have been shocking (3 losses in a row) we have not had the full squad to choose from. Oscar is still at the Olympics, Torres came to the party late, even Turnbull has been used in goal!

Don't push the panic button yet, I'm sure that when the season starts the players will move up a gear.

As for Moses, I have no idea why we want him. Our 5 man midfield is already bursting with talent and I don't see how Moses will fit in. Oscar, Mata, Ramires, Hazard, Lampard, Marin, Mikel, KDB, Josh, etc. Maybe Moses is happy to sit on the bench and be backup. If so, good sub to have.

What the problem with you lot? You spent fortunes again, money that no one else can afford bar City to ensure you challenge for the title and win silverware and ofcourse thats what will happen because theres no chance of the rest being able to compete with you. Well done it will be a momentous achievent

If you have a problem with this support a real club like fulham and not a cartoon cut out of a club being used as a billionaires plaything.

Rear not, if theres any doubt left in Romans mind you won't have a great season he'll probably go and buy the remainder of the brazillian team.

Spurs field an entire team that cost considerably less than "one" of your players and you celebrate narrowly beating us like you just won a trophy. clap2.gif

Mugs

Don't be hard on yourself and theres no need to apologise. Just learn from your mistakes

Rule No.1 on this forum,mij. Never say "sorry" to anyone,especially to the mob that support the team from N.17. Undoubtedly,the 'khasi' of London

I agree. How many times have you seen teams have marvelous pre season results only to disappoint when the real business starts? That's not to say I'll be going overboard on our prospects this season, because City made mistakes last season and still won the Premier League, while we will probably need half a dozen games for our new midfield formation to gel.

What the problem with you lot? You spent fortunes again, money that no one else can afford bar City to ensure you challenge for the title and win silverware and ofcourse thats what will happen because theres no chance of the rest being able to compete with you. Well done it will be a momentous achievent

If you have a problem with this support a real club like fulham and not a cartoon cut out of a club being used as a billionaires plaything.

Rear not, if theres any doubt left in Romans mind you won't have a great season he'll probably go and buy the remainder of the brazillian team.

Spurs field an entire team that cost considerably less than "one" of your players and you celebrate narrowly beating us like you just won a trophy. clap2.gif

Mugs

We narrowly beat you to go on and win the FA cup did we? I remember you got a hiding.

Mug. Bitter mug.

I agree. How many times have you seen teams have marvelous pre season results only to disappoint when the real business starts? That's not to say I'll be going overboard on our prospects this season, because City made mistakes last season and still won the Premier League, while we will probably need half a dozen games for our new midfield formation to gel.

Your galactico midgield should gel in about 15 minutes.

If you don'r win all your games you can always buy Neymar, Messi. iniesta, Xavi and Ronaldo, in january stick them all on 250k a week and that should set up a truely remarkable and well deserved league title. Fear not, if keeping throwing enough money at it they'll be more "success." clap2.gif

Its a shame the FA don't just set up a separate league for Chelsea and City so they can play each other 38 times. spend as much as they want with no transfer window and then everyone else can have a separate league with a degree of parity and fairness. thumbsup.gif

Mugs

We narrowly beat you to go on and win the FA cup did we? I remember you got a hiding.

Mug. Bitter mug.

No you played very well as we acknowledged at the time.

stick to buying trophies. the only other aspect you bring to the game seems to be persistant anti semitic chanting and repugnant other references at our derbies.

Edited by carmine

What happens sunday,might make things a little clearer,yep i know you,ve got to give it time for things to gel. I would like to have seen Malouda gone,i think Essien is past it and give Sturridge to the 4 b two,s,cos those poor .uckers haven,t got a pot to piss in, have you carmine? violin.gif

They have a pot - its called Modric, but their boss is just too delusional about price/value to sell him in a timely fashion to free up the spondoolicks. Must say, being an ex accountant, I was always an admirer of Levy - but to my mind even if he gets his 40 mill squids next week he's lost 5 to 10 million in bargaining power with the proceeds as he goes out to get the strikers he needs.

I would guess we can exempt Addebaddie from that barb - I'm sure the price has already been dealt on that with Mantovani, subject to cash appearing.

Mugs

Mug. Bitter mug.

No you played very well as we acknowledged at the time.

stick to buying trophies. the only other aspect you bring to the game seems to be persistant anti semitic chanting and repugnant other references at our derbies.

I can see we are going to have fun this year Carmine. We'll keep buying trophies and you carry on being a feeder club with nothing.

Spurs have spent more than Arsenal since 1992 and have won what? The Gunners had the unbeatables, won many trophies and have at least made a challenge. Spuds on the other hand have given us all a laugh.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying this season opener! laugh.png

You going to start the Chelsea in decline threadbiggrin.png

Always going to end up a city win after the sending off, so to be fair you cannot read much into the score. just wish Hazard played so i can see how he is against a good team.

C+P please Seapok. smile.png

All them quality midfield players and a defence thats looks poor and lacking in numbers, could be that they are planning to play 1-9-1 more often !

I'm close to naming their 50m striker toepoke....seapoke would like that I'm sure.

C+P please Seapok. smile.png

All them quality midfield players and a defence thats looks poor and lacking in numbers, could be that they are planning to play 1-9-1 more often !

I'm close to naming their 50m striker toepoke....seapoke would like that I'm sure.

they all count. thought it was a good finish myself and torres is showing signs of being somewhere near back to his best.

My verdict from yesterday is that Chelsea look far from being dominant this year. They had good spells, but they don't seem to press or challenge for sustained periods. Too many players went missing yesterday and considering the supposed talent in midfield, failed to deliver.

Torres looked good, he just needs to stop running into players to get a free kick and take them on.

Hazard showed some good moves, but judgement is pending on how good he is.

Mata went missing, as did Lampard, Ramires and Mikel. City bossed the midfield.

Defence was ok, even though we conceded 3 goals, to get a clean sheet with city is no easy task, let alone with 10 men.

Overall I think a 3-2 loss to city with 10 men is not a terrible result.

Prediction for the epl is that Chelsea will be second or third. Winning is not out of the question but I think we will need time to settle and city will hit the ground running. Whatever our point deficit is by new year, I think it will be smaller at the end of the season.

Chelsea don't need to buy another player, the squad is fine. Bertrand looks good, Sturridge is good enough as back up to Torres, midfield is over flowing, defence has no major problems. My only concern is that Chelsea can get bullied on the pitch as the midfielders are quiet small considering how strong our players used to be - Ramires is the only player that can't be pushed around even though he is small.

I await the flaming. Lol.