Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well thought out post that oldgit...I hope Di Matteo aint reading this! biggrin.png

I liked it too, just wish someone would buy oldgit a <return> key for Christmas.

I'd be lucky to get a pair of socks being a miserable old sod.

Well thought out post that oldgit...I hope Di Matteo aint reading this! biggrin.png

I liked it too, just wish someone would buy oldgit a <return> key for Christmas.

Where is the young laddie oldgit? Preparing for his Olympic marathon??

Or is he babbling away in a corner somewhere, the pressure having finally told?

Huge match this for you lot tonight and I don't need to tell ya who we are cheering on!

Where is the young laddie oldgit? Preparing for his Olympic marathon??

Or is he babbling away in a corner somewhere, the pressure having finally told?

Huge match this for you lot tonight and I don't need to tell ya who we are cheering on!

The last time I saw the wee bairn was the Cup Final night in Gullivers.He was cracking on with the Chang, leaving yours truly for dead and heading for the exit.

Extraordinary. Only one English team left in for the quarter-finals but your old boys did it. Well done.

Two German penalty misses - unbelievable.

For the next 2 years any claims that you were hard done by in a match will be met with hollow laughs.tongue.png

Another heroic display from Chelsea wins the Champions League against all the odds. Behind with 7 minutes to go brilliant equaliser from Drogba from their 1st corner in the 88th minute. Bayern at that stage had about 16. Penalty save by Cech early in extra time ( silly tackle by Drogba) ensured the game finished level aet and went to penalties. Mata missed and Chelsea trailed with Bayern going first by 2-0 and 3-1. Luiz and Lampard kept them in it and when Cech saved from Olic Cole made it 3 all. Effectively now sudden death Scweinsteiger hit the post and Drogba scored .

After their bad luck in Moscow 4 years ago when they hit the bar and post and lost on penalties you have to feel they deserved the breaks they got this year.

Hey nev it was on Thai Tv tongue.png even the farms have that you know,not a bad final but congratulations to Chelsea and Roman nice to see the Germans getting rolled on pens.

Spurs must feel deflated.

Bit of a turning point for Ribery and Robben I think. Exposed as greedy, one-tracked and not as effective with the final ball as their billing suggests. Immense performances from Cole and Luiz. Nonetheless Bayern should have scored at least three - Bayern's closing down was first class and Chelsea's midfield disappeared, resulting in 90 minutes of intense pressure.

Good job the season is now finished, don't think I could take any more drama.

Bit of a turning point for Ribery and Robben I think. Exposed as greedy, one-tracked and not as effective with the final ball as their billing suggests. Immense performances from Cole and Luiz. Nonetheless Bayern should have scored at least three - Bayern's closing down was first class and Chelsea's midfield disappeared, resulting in 90 minutes of intense pressure.

Pretty well summed up.

Robben was aweful. Exposed as greedy and self serving. Standout for me was Cole. I thought earlier in the season he was losing it but certainly not on that performance.

Bayern only have themselves to blame

Pretty well summed up.

Robben was aweful. Exposed as greedy and self serving. Standout for me was Cole. I thought earlier in the season he was losing it but certainly not on that performance.

Bayern only have themselves to blame

Hate the way some teams in finals celebrate goals as if they have won the cup already, and that is precisely what Bayern did when Muller scored. Then we had Robben doing his usual nonsense of rolling around the floor in agony, whenever given the chance, winding down the clock. To score in the way Drogba did, as much as i dislike the man, from Chelsea's first corrner kick was very impressive.

When it went to penalty kicks, looked predictable what the outcome would be - a German side vs an English - especially when Mata missed - don't know what it is but never feel confident when a left footer takes a penalty - then we had Neuer taking a kick, and yes i know, he has taken them before, but in the Champion's League final, it just smelt a bit of arrogance and complacence. He did score, but not a very strong kick that you feel Cech should have got a hand to. Anyway, when the German's missed and Drogba stepped up to win the thing, you just felt they deserved to - at least i did.

Congrats to Chelsea. To have beaten Barca and BM in your last two games says a lot.

Fantastic game. not sure my sleeping neighbours thought so however!

Chelsea rode their luck so often, but the Germans just couldn't finish them off and it was a well deserved victory. Amazing to beat Germans on penalties.

Be sad to see the manager get the boot though. Would it be the first time in history winning the European Cup has proved to be not good enough for someone to keep their job? A CFC mate explained it by the amount of restructuring needed, but Di Matteo is thought to be to close to the players?!

Many thanks,lads.It was a great rearguard action by the team,yet again,as Bayern didn't allow us to sit on the ball for one second.Very fortunate that their finishing was woeful but I put that down to our resolute defending in the penalty box.

Robben and Ribery were predictable in their play although Bosingwa was giving me palpitations when he was one on one with Ribery.

Cahill,Luiz,Cole,Bertrand and Mikel were outstanding on the night.Torres,when he did eventually get on,scared the living daylights out of Contento. To beat Bayern in the Allianz Arena,after extra time, is an immense performance by anybody's standards.

Hey nev it was on Thai Tv tongue.png even the farms have that you know,not a bad final but congratulations to Chelsea and Roman nice to see the Germans getting rolled on pens.

Mate i knew it was on Thai TVbiggrin.png we have a satelite dish ipm but the thai channels are not working so did not bother getting up, i was to cosy tootongue.png so when i got up in the morning caught up on espn news.

Mate i knew it was on Thai TVbiggrin.png we have a satelite dish ipm but the thai channels are not working so did not bother getting up, i was to cosy tootongue.png so when i got up in the morning caught up on espn news.

You lazy git. Seeing the Germans getting beat on penalties, and Robben's face after, was priceless.

You lazy git. Seeing the Germans getting beat on penalties, and Robben's face after, was priceless.

And seeing that c**t JT insisting on putting a jersey on and lifting the trophy would make me puke so swings and round abouts for me.

• Like 1

Fernando Torres has cast serious doubt over whether his long-term future lies at Chelsea after calling for clear-the-air talks with the club's hierarchy over what his role will be next season.

In a surprisingly candid interview with Guillem Balague a disgruntledTorresspacer.gif has wasted little time in expressing his disappointment at missing out on a starting place in the Chelseaspacer.gif side that claimed the UEFA Champions Leaguespacer.gif on Saturday evening in Munich, going on to claim for much of his time in West London he has felt 'lost' and may even have 'given up' were it not for the support he has received from those close to him.

The greatest day in Chelsea's history saw them defy the odds once more in the Champions League in beating hosts Bayern Munichspacer.gif on penalties to claim what had become a Holy Grail for Bluesspacer.gif ownerRoman Abramovich.spacer.gif

Torres felt his improved form over the past month would earn him a starting spot but Roberto Di Matteospacer.gif elected to go with Didier Drogbaspacer.gif as a lone striker, who vindicated his manager's faith by scoring Chelsea's leveller before netting the winning penalty in the shoot-out after the two sides could not be separated at 1-1 after extra-time.

The Chelsea squad are currently enjoying a victory parade throughout the capital but for Torres any delight over claiming Europe's premier trophy has been tempered somewhat by the fact he played only a minimal role off the substitutes' bench.

Torres concedes he feels let down by how things have transpired at Chelsea since joining the European champions in January 2011 for a record £50million fee and it is a situation he is determined to rectify as soon as possible.

"It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time but I've had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life," Torres told Sky Sports' Balague on his website www.guillembalague.com.

"I thought I would play in this game and I couldn't imagine not doing so. But in the end I could participate and offer the team something. I'm really happy.

"I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me."This season I have felt things that I never had before. I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect. Not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We've had a lot of talks and we'll talk about my future.

"Now I do feel like football is worth it but I've been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. I don't want that again. There's been many times when I've felt lost, I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like I didn't know where I belonged.

"I'm eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me.

"And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up."

Although Chelsea have yet to indicate whether they will reward Di Matteo for guiding them to FA Cup and Champions League glory with a permanent deal, Torres seems in no mood to wait to learn of what he can expect from the club next term.

"I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me," he concluded.

"And then judge whether it is worth it."

Prior to the penalty shoot-out Torres was seen to be in heated discussion with Di Matteo, who elected against using the Spaniard as one of his five designated takers.

Gary Cahillspacer.gif has since revealed he was next on the list were the shoot-out to go to sudden death, but it is Balague's understanding Torres was keen to step up and play his part.

Edited by Seapok

Interesting this talk about Torres. He looks to me like he really wants to play and i'm convinced he'll turn things round. To my mind Chelsea would be foolish to let him go.....so they probably will....along with Di Mateo!

All this talk about who will be the next manager. An equaly interesting question is what happens to Abramovich. Hes achieved what he wanted to and entrepreneurs tend to be task orientated and usually move on to something different once theyve done that. He doesnt seem to have developed a social life aroiund the club or English football. Has he given any clues about the future?

All this talk about who will be the next manager. An equaly interesting question is what happens to Abramovich. Hes achieved what he wanted to and entrepreneurs tend to be task orientated and usually move on to something different once theyve done that. He doesnt seem to have developed a social life aroiund the club or English football. Has he given any clues about the future?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe he will wind down the business a tad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18152689

Drogba walking away. Can't say i'll be sad to see the back of him. That awful combination of being a complete arse and a cheat with the ego the size of Mars, and a decent player that you worry about playing against. When you have one of these players in your team you can become quite conflicted. I know i felt that way when Ronaldo was in our team. To a lesser extend now Nani. The sort of guys who are plainly horrible people, but who have the power to bring you joy.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18152689

Drogba walking away. Can't say i'll be sad to see the back of him. That awful combination of being a complete arse and a cheat with the ego the size of Mars, and a decent player that you worry about playing against. When you have one of these players in your team you can become quite conflicted. I know i felt that way when Ronaldo was in our team. To a lesser extend now Nani. The sort of guys who are plainly horrible people, but who have the power to bring you joy.

Agreed. I fundamentally dislike all players that clobber their colleaugues out of the way, having scored, just so that they can get their carefully choreographed and painstakingly practised goal celebration onto camera with nobody else in view. *****oles the lot of 'em.

Having said that Drogba does seem to have an off-camera off-pitch personality and some genuine non-football crusades that shine through. Suspect he'd be good fun to meet, whereas Ronaldo ..... dead right, we've been given no information to suspect other than that he's a complete tosser.

Agreed. I fundamentally dislike all players that clobber their colleaugues out of the way, having scored, just so that they can get their carefully choreographed and painstakingly practised goal celebration onto camera with nobody else in view. *****oles the lot of 'em.

Having said that Drogba does seem to have an off-camera off-pitch personality and some genuine non-football crusades that shine through. Suspect he'd be good fun to meet, whereas Ronaldo ..... dead right, we've been given no information to suspect other than that he's a complete tosser.

You might be right but me, i'm always a bit cynical about the "charity" work these players get up to. Never sure if it comes from their own heart, or their management team thinking of sponsorship deals and the like. You say Drogba's non football crusades have been off camera, but i seem to recall seeing a lot of photo ops with him kicking around a ball in slum dog millionaire type surroundings.

You might be right but me, i'm always a bit cynical about the "charity" work these players get up to. Never sure if it comes from their own heart, or their management team thinking of sponsorship deals and the like. You say Drogba's non football crusades have been off camera, but i seem to recall seeing a lot of photo ops with him kicking around a ball in slum dog millionaire type surroundings.

I'm glad he's decided to call it a day with Chelsea. He,and a few others in the squad, have become very selective in their level of performance in particular games.For example,they would pull their &lt;deleted&gt; out when they're facing Barcelona in the Champions League yet would be anonymous in bread and butter Premier League matches.That's what happened last season and it can't happen again.

There's talk of him joining Anelka in China but I wouldn't put it past him to pack the game in and return to the Ivory Coast in some political capacity,such is his popularity there.

I'm glad he's decided to call it a day with Chelsea. He,and a few others in the squad, have become very selective in their level of performance in particular games.For example,they would pull their &lt;deleted&gt; out when they're facing Barcelona in the Champions League yet would be anonymous in bread and butter Premier League matches.That's what happened last season and it can't happen again.

There's talk of him joining Anelka in China but I wouldn't put it past him to pack the game in and return to the Ivory Coast in some political capacity,such is his popularity there.

See that Kalou and Bosingwa are to follow him. Never forget seeing Kalou on Chelsea TV being interviewed by that bald know-it-all and he came across as having the mentality of a five year old. That was a few years ago but judging from the spider he had on the back of his head on Saturday, not much has changed. Mental age aside, to my eyes he has been one of the most unreliable and inconsistent of that blow hot, blow cold group you mention.