Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well, well, these bookings might increase the chances for Bavaria Munich (Bayern Muenchen) IF they reach the final tonight ...

It's in the stars that Mourinho will be facing his old club.

Mourinho must be salivating at the prospect of denying Roman Abramovich the CL he is so obsessed about. i genuinely think you would have already won it had JM not been sacked.

I think Madrid will win tonight. They are clearly the best side in Spain now as well. Love him or hate him he is the second best manager in the game right now!

So who's the best manager then?

Regardless of how Torres left LFC, I couldn't contain myself and gave him a cheer when he scored that goal.

What a match. Amazing. Certainly has to be the most notable performance by an English team away to Barca. Sure we beat them 2-1 but Chelsea were down to 10 men and hanging on for dear life at times. Amazing match full of drama. That's what the Champions League ought to be. Shame Meireles out for the final.

Was it the most amazing Champions League match ever? Nope, we know what that is already!

But it has to be up there for one of the best semis...

Edited by Jimjim

I've just seen that Chelsea have agreed to sign Marko Marin from Werder Bremen.He's a young German International born of Serbian parents.Apparently,he's already had a medical and will join us at the end of the season.The transfer fee is undisclosed but it is believed to be 7 million pounds.He hasn't featured much this season, because of injury, but I'm delighted with this signing as it will address our problem of not having a right sided midfield player.This will put to bed any talk of Modric coming to the Bridge.

I've just seen that Chelsea have agreed to sign Marko Marin from Werder Bremen.He's a young German International born of Serbian parents.Apparently,he's already had a medical and will join us at the end of the season.The transfer fee is undisclosed but it is believed to be 7 million pounds.He hasn't featured much this season, because of injury, but I'm delighted with this signing as it will address our problem of not having a right sided midfield player.This will put to bed any talk of Modric coming to the Bridge.

A very good player oldgit that also represents far better value for money than Modric

Wheres Lotus when you need him,perhaps he can shed some light on the transfer fee as 7m seems a bit cheap !

Hallo friends of German soccer,

you were so fast with the news of the transfer that I could not beat you with that.

And you have to understand that the rivalry between Bremen and my hometown Hamburg is worse than between City and United! So I prefer not to give any further comments on this transfer.

Hallo Chelsea fans,

to put myself again at the forefront of the transfer rumours: I just read in our German papers that Chelsea is chasing Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schuerrle. It is said that Chelsea resp. Mr. Abramowitch, is offering about 18 - 19 million Euros for the German international.

From my point of view that transfer would make more sense than the 8 million Euros for Marin.

Let's see what will happen.

Yeah cos only small clubs make it to the Champions League final Smokie! Would love to win it and put spurs out to the Europa haha

I don't care too much Seapok...but I think you will lose. Especially with them at home.

Yeah cos only small clubs make it to the Champions League final Smokie! Would love to win it and put spurs out to the Europa haha

Small club funded by a Russian oligarch. Little club that won the lottery.

You'll always be a small club, no matter how much you spend. Kinda funny really. smile.png

Edited by carmine

Chelsea Under 18s survived a 1-0 loss at Blackburn yesterday to lift the FA Youth Cup by an emphatic 4-1 aggregate score.They got to the Final after seeing off Man. Utd. in a two legged semi final.The team will parade the trophy before the Chelsea v Blackburn Premier League finale on Sunday.

Now, it's obvious that we have some very talented youngsters coming through and the Academy has shown it's worth recently by lifting the Youth Cup in 2010 against Aston Villa.What we would like to see now is these players mature and improve to become part of the first team squad in the next few seasons.Too many times,the club has disappointed young players by not nuturing their progress,condemning them to loan outs at obscure locations.It's now the job of the first team and reserve team staff to get the absolute best out of these lads by preparing them,mentally and physically, for their careers ahead.

Swansea usually do well with out of the Chelsea youth team. They looked good against Man U but no Chelsea manager gets the time to nuture these players through the 1st team as the next result is always the most important. Long Term it ain't.

Swansea usually do well with out of the Chelsea youth team. They looked good against Man U but no Chelsea manager gets the time to nuture these players through the 1st team as the next result is always the most important. Long Term it ain't.

Swansea have done well because Brendan Rodgers has got Scott Sinclair to vary his play.At Chelsea,he was running in straight lines and was predictable.Rodgers hasn't been half as successful with McEachran who has hit a brick wall.This is a player which typifies the wasteful policy of the club.A very talented footballer who has been allowed to drift along at a level he's comfortable at, instead of encouraging him to improve.Why Rodgers didn't have more input into the Chelsea youth coaching programme,up to 2008, is a mystery.

Small club funded by a Russian oligarch. Little club that won the lottery.

You'll always be a small club, no matter how much you spend. Kinda funny really. smile.png

I think you are forgetting we were finishing top 3 BEFORE Roman came along and ploughed his rubles into us thumbsup.gif

It looks like the team,to face Bayern Munich, is taking shape now that Luiz and Cahill have come through a full training session unscathed.With Cech in goal,the back four is likely to be Cole,Luiz,Cahill and Bosingwa.Because of the threat of Ribery and Robben coming inside,as they tend to do,to feed balls through to Gomez and Muller from deep,I would have Mikel and Essien in a dual holding midfield role,giving licence for Essien to go forward when neccessary.In front of them will be Lampard and Mata with Drogba up front.The right side of midfield is a problem because of the suspensions of Ramires and Meireles.Di Matteo has hinted that he might play Torres there or in a conventional 4-4-2 which will be a risky proposition.Other candidates could fit the role,such as Sturridge,Kalou or Malouda.I can see us being under the cosh for most of the game so we need one of those four to be able to track back as well as burst forward.Something which is alien to Sturridge.I would use him as an 'impact' player in the second half.Malouda,has been running into a bit of form lately and is used to playing on the big stage.I would like to see him drafted in that position.This team is full of experience and players that 'like to prove a point' as they did against Barcelona.

Bayern are not without their problems with suspensions,looking like they will have to draft Tymoschuk,normally a midfielder,alongside Boateng at the back.Their defence is definitely suspect.Drogba must be salivating at the prospect of getting amongst those two.The midfield is classy with Schweinsteiger,Kroos and Muller.If Muller hits the sort of form he's capable of,he will be a handful.Lahm and Contento like to get forward to support the attack so there could be gaps available on the counter attack.Gomez is good with the ball at his feet and aerially and he'll be looking for the threaded pass through from Robben and Ribery.Ribery is the biggest danger,as he's quick and strong and will be taking players on at every opportunity.

Defensively,we were great against Barcelona but here,I think we will have time to be a bit more creative.What we can't do is dwell on the ball too much because we haven't got the pace in midfield to recover,if our pocket is picked.We've got to get the ball out from under our feet and move the ball quickly, when we get the chance.

• Like 1

Quiet room? I guess there's not much happening for Chelsea these days then.

I guess UEFA think that Saturday evening is prime time TV in Europe, so we are consigned to waking/staying up and assuming channel 3 or 7 is going to show it (its not on any True Visions channel I think) complete with strange exclamative remarks in Thai. Im getting to like ooo-eee and that strange low tone half-chuckle.

Edited by SantiSuk

Quiet room? I guess there's not much happening for Chelsea these days then.

I guess UEFA think that Saturday evening is prime time TV in Europe, so we are consigned to waking/staying up and assuming channel 3 or 7 is going to show it (its not on any True Visions channel I think) complete with strange exclamative remarks in Thai. Im getting to like ooo-eee and that strange low tone half-chuckle.

It's definitely not on any of the True Vision channels.I've seen it advertised to be shown on Channel 3 and 7,oddly enough.Channel 7 has the audio transfer to English commentary while Channel 3 doesn't.If Martin Tyler isn't commentating,then it's not worth listening to.Here's an example of the illiterate brain deads that grace the football commentary booths " Manchester City started to play well when the Ya YaToures' of this world started to play well."

Nice of you to be concerned,Santi,but all two of us are in quiet anticipation of an intriguing match.

capello to chelsea according to la gazzetta today.

He's the type of appointment that Abramovich would go for, after the 'young gun' Villas Boas failed to deliver,He wouldn't be my first choice though,Stevie.