Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Where can i watch the return leg in Barcelona next Tuesday/Wednesday? Any bars showing the game?

I should think that most of the bars in Barcelona will be showing it if you're too tight to remortgage for a ticketlaugh.png.

If I got the wrong end of the stick, then you could try my local in Pudsey, West Yorkshire. They'll be showing it if the bailiffs haven't come to reclaim the tellys.

If I still haven't got the right end of the stick and you are in Bangkok, then scroll up a bit to where I describe where I watched the first leg.

If I still haven't answered your question .... oh hell I give up.

Oh dear Seapok...I prayed for a sunny day today....unbroken cloud and not a bit of wind....whistling.gif

Good luck today!biggrin.png

The boy staggered across the finishing line in 4hrs. 30 mins. and still in one piece.Us Chelsea lads are made of sterner stuff.wink.png Great effort.

• Like 1

Oh dear Seapok...I prayed for a sunny day today....unbroken cloud and not a bit of wind....whistling.gif

Good luck today!biggrin.png

The boy staggered across the finishing line in 4hrs. 30 mins. and still in one piece.Us Chelsea lads are made of sterner stuff.wink.png Great effort.

4hrs 15mins. Give credit where its due mate! thumbsup.gif

Both of you old git's must be out celebrating tonight. biggrin.png

A fine performance with only ten men....good goals as well. Defended superbly and a wee bit of luck into the bargain...and why not?

Sorry to see Meireles booked and missing the final and som nom na for Terry...tongue.png

Well, well, these bookings might increase the chances for Bavaria Munich (Bayern Muenchen) IF they reach the final tonight ...

Morning Herr Lotus, are you aware that Bayern have seven players players that are one yeoolw card away from suspension?

Impressive result that is, well done!

As much as people rant on about the amazing Barcelona they can be very very frustrating to watch at times...

Never imaged Chelsea would we be in a FA Cup and a Champions League Final.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Impressive result that is, well done!

As much as people rant on about the amazing Barcelona they can be very very frustrating to watch at times...

Never imaged Chelsea would we be in a FA Cup and a Champions League Final.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Well, i have to agree with you this time Dev! biggrin.png

How did Barca manage to lose a tie they should have won by about 6 goals over the 2 legs? They have looked somewhat leaden this season compared to last season. They have been looking like a side lately who have played too much football and the snap seems to have left them. Far too much passing for passing sakes. Alves in the 2nd half wasted good position consisently and invariably passed back to begin the cycle all over again. Movement poor by front men so Messi was always faced by several defenders. By his standards very ordinary. Made the goal for Iniesta and forced a terrific save from Cech in second half on to the upright and clear. Early on should have scored but into side netting, and shot straight at Cech later when half the goal was gaping. Not the first penalty miss this season but that can happen to anyone. Defensively they were shaky. Valdes was poor on goal last week and was way off his line for Ramirez goal. Very well taken but he made it easy for him. They looked dodgy at centre back. La Liga almost certainly going to Real Madrid and possibly the CL as well will Guadiola stay?.

Chelsea were heroic. The senior players apart from Terry were immense. Cech made some terrific saves Lampard was all over the place and played a great ball for Ramirez, and Drogba gave a master class. The whole team made life difficult for Barca and rode their luck which deserted them in the semi 3 years ago. Given they lost both centre backs it was a immense display.

What incredible entertainment the game tonight provided. An unforgettable contest.

Edited by salty

Congrats to Chelsea. I was not quite cheering them on, but hoping they would win, and with Terry no longer playing, that somewhat conflicted emotion, became much less of a dilemma.

And what a complete idiot Terry was. To have committed offence, bad enough, but to then deny it and say he simply ran into the player, well, words fail me.

My dislike for Drogba is almost equal to that of Terry, and i couldn't help thinking he had been hoisted by his own petard, when the Barcalona player played for the penalty. I don't think it should have been given, as i think Drogba had made contact with the ball, but by that stage i think the ref had given way to the will of the stands. I mean, come on, that card that Cech got for delaying play was a complete nonsense.

But when Messi missed the penalty, you couldn't help thinking this would be Chelsea's day.

Bringing Drogba off was i think a mistake though. You can't deny he really does a great job of defending when he has to, and Torres who came on for him, a couple of times just stood and allowed Barca players to run past him, right on the edge of the box. No doubt Torres will take the plaudits for that goal, but i think unfairly, as it wasn't that goal that put them through, nor his hard work that earnt it. Anyway, i'm sure Chelsea fans won't give a fig about any of that now. Good luck in the final.

P.S. So now, those who daftly were holding up the fact that Spanish teams have performed better than English team in the Champions League in the last couple of years, as evidence that La Liga is better than the Premier League, what are they going to say about a 6th placed Premier League team beating the creme de la creme of Spain? Evidence that the Premier League is better than La Liga? Of course it is not, but proof that using a cup competition with a select few teams from different leagues, as evidence of what is the best league, a silly nonsense.

A fine performance with only ten men....good goals as well. Defended superbly and a wee bit of luck into the bargain...and why not?

Sorry to see Meireles booked and missing the final and som nom na for Terry...tongue.png

The old guard have certainly made me eat my words! It's astonishing how they can still raise their game to this level yet,earlier on in the season,look like carthorses trundling around the pitch.I thought that we definitely tightened up defensively in the second half and looked more organised,ironically,without our best defender and captain.I wasn't worried that Bosingwa had to play centre back because he did the same thing at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season,and did a good job there.It was a great goal by Ramires to bring us back into the tie and when Torres bore down on goal and skipped around the keeper,the shrieks given off by Alan Parry and Gary Neville did make me laugh.

The final brings a whole new set of problems as we will have half the side missing through a build up of yellow cards.The lads deserve a day off after this.

The old guard have certainly made me eat my words! It's astonishing how they can still raise their game to this level yet,earlier on in the season,look like carthorses trundling around the pitch.I thought that we definitely tightened up defensively in the second half and looked more organised,ironically,without our best defender and captain.I wasn't worried that Bosingwa had to play centre back because he did the same thing at White Hart Lane,earlier in the season,and did a good job there.It was a great goal by Ramires to bring us back into the tie and when Torres bore down on goal and skipped around the keeper,the shrieks given off by Alan Parry and Gary Neville did make me laugh.

The final brings a whole new set of problems as we will have half the side missing through a build up of yellow cards.The lads deserve a day off after this.

I don't think Terry is your best defender.

Seems like Cahill has a hamstring problem too. Better hope that Bayern win as they could be equally decemated. They have seven players on the brink ofsuspesion.

Regarding Torres' goal, it did look to me like handball in the box by Chelsea at the other end, just seconds earlier. Given the way the ref had been giving decisions at the request of the Barca fans, surprised he didn't give it.

How did Barca manage to lose a tie they should have won by about 6 goals over the 2 legs? They have looked somewhat leaden this season compared to last season. They have been looking like a side lately who have played too much football and the snap seems to have left them. Far too much passing for passing sakes. Alves in the 2nd half wasted good position consisently and invariably passed back to begin the cycle all over again. Movement poor by front men so Messi was always faced by several defenders. By his standards very ordinary. Made the goal for Iniesta and forced a terrific save from Cech in second half on to the upright and clear. Early on should have scored but into side netting, and shot straight at Cech later when half the goal was gaping. Not the first penalty miss this season but that can happen to anyone. Defensively they were shaky. Valdes was poor on goal last week and was way off his line for Ramirez goal. Very well taken but he made it easy for him. They looked dodgy at centre back. La Liga almost certainly going to Real Madrid and possibly the CL as well will Guadiola stay?.

Chelsea were heroic. The senior players apart from Terry were immense. Cech made some terrific saves Lampard was all over the place and played a great ball for Ramirez, and Drogba gave a master class. The whole team made life difficult for Barca and rode their luck which deserted them in the semi 3 years ago. Given they lost both centre backs it was a immense display.

What incredible entertainment the game tonight provided. An unforgettable contest.

Barcelona have got away with having a poor defence up to now because they haven't been put under pressure,Salts.Puyol and Mascherano as a central partnership isn't good enough when you compare it with their midfield and forward line.Drogba,in this sort of mood,was going to have a field day against these two.The only problem was getting the ball to him.

Regarding Torres' goal, it did look to me like handball in the box by Chelsea at the other end, just seconds earlier. Given the way the ref had been giving decisions at the request of the Barca fans, surprised he didn't give it.

I must admit I was holding my breath on that one,Rix.

Well, well, these bookings might increase the chances for Bavaria Munich (Bayern Muenchen) IF they reach the final tonight ...

It's in the stars that Mourinho will be facing his old club.

Mourinho must be salivating at the prospect of denying Roman Abramovich the CL he is so obsessed about. i genuinely think you would have already won it had JM not been sacked.

Mourinho must be salivating at the prospect of denying Roman Abramovich the CL he is so obsessed about. i genuinely think you would have already won it had JM not been sacked.

I think Madrid will win tonight. They are clearly the best side in Spain now as well. Love him or hate him he is the second best manager in the game right now!

Why did't barca win? well there's an 'art' to playing against 10 men, what you need to do is , scuze the turn of phrase, stretch the pitch as much as you can ie play with genuine width pace and loads of overlapping to draw the defence out of shape, barca couldnt, seems they've got no quality wingers? just the full bacs and by themselves in this situ not effective enough, Chelsea held their shape, refused/ didn't need to be drawn and numerically just blocked the ticky tacky stuff out in the centre, that, a bit of luck and well, the rest's history. Ironically the one player that was drawn and could well have fuc_ked the plan up was torres. But a big up to De matteo, got all the decision's 100 right. Oh And what planet was Terry on?

Edited by rijit

I think Madrid will win tonight. They are clearly the best side in Spain now as well. Love him or hate him he is the second best manager in the game right now!

Yeah madrid could well win, probably fav's but 2 nd best manager ? so who do you reckons 1st surely not pepy,cos him barca and his system have been found out, and quess who did the original finding?, yep u got it our boy hossse!!! and the reason they lost last night was , down to the system pep was playin pushin the full bacs

right up almost as wingers not the smartest move. wingbacs are good runnin from deep not startin further up, thats what wingers aka lennon robben, are good at, and quess what, Peps not bought any!! loses the mantle for me, but hey ho onto a another great game we go HOPEFULLY.

Yeah madrid could well win, probably fav's but 2 nd best manager ? so who do you reckons 1st surely not pepy,cos him barca and his system have been found out, and quess who did the original finding?, yep u got it our boy hossse!!! and the reason they lost last night was , down to the system pep was playin pushin the full bacs

right up almost as wingers not the smartest move. wingbacs are good runnin from deep not startin further up, thats what wingers aka lennon robben, are good at, and quess what, Peps not bought any!! loses the mantle for me, but hey ho onto a another great game we go HOPEFULLY.

I would have thought Smokie was refering to SAF. Pep has done well, but been in the management game 5 minutes and with a dream team. Still much to prove in my book. What does SAF have left?

I would have thought Smokie was refering to SAF. Pep has done well, but been in the management game 5 minutes and with a dream team. Still much to prove in my book. What does SAF have left?

yeah your probably right, didnt think of him , got to say win the league or not this season he's been abso outstanding..

• Like 1