Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Keith, I think you are right. It will be back to Mikel and Lampard on Saturday. Its a shame with the amount of dangerous attacking options we have now that we will have two players playing deep.

I'm looking forward to the future with our squad, but this transition could be much quicker than it is.

I'm suprised you didn't chose Luiz in your starting 11. For me, he is one of the few players we have that plays to the final whistle.

Don,t get me wrong Mjj,i like Luiz,but i just think Ivanovich and Cahill are more solid and disciplined centre backs. Luiz sometimes looks as though he doesn,t know wether its Christmas day or Pancake day.

I would always have him on the bench though as cover for the other 2 and if required play him in front of the back 4,cos he is very good at carrying the ball forward.

Edited by keithsimmonds

Keith, I think you are right. It will be back to Mikel and Lampard on Saturday. Its a shame with the amount of dangerous attacking options we have now that we will have two players playing deep.

I'm looking forward to the future with our squad, but this transition could be much quicker than it is.

I'm suprised you didn't chose Luiz in your starting 11. For me, he is one of the few players we have that plays to the final whistle.

Don,t get me wrong Mjj,i like Luiz,but i just think Ivanovich and Cahill are more solid and disciplined centre backs. Luiz sometimes looks as though he doesn,t know wether its Christmas day or Pancake day.

I would always have him on the bench though as cover for the other 2 and if required play him in front of the back 4,cos he is very good at carrying the ball forward.

From a neutrals point of view i also think cahill and Ivanovich is the most solid pairing. Luiz has real quality but has a tendency to be rather erratic.

I agree Luiz is sometimes yellow or even red card waiting to happen, but he seems to make more blocks and interceptions than the other defenders. His 'enthusiasm' has been toned down a bit, so for me I would rather he played than didn't.

I can't remember the last time I saw Ivan in the CB position.

I agree Luiz is sometimes yellow or even red card waiting to happen, but he seems to make more blocks and interceptions than the other defenders. His 'enthusiasm' has been toned down a bit, so for me I would rather he played than didn't.

I can't remember the last time I saw Ivan in the CB position.

Personally, I would always have Luiz in my centre back pairing. I think he was brought in as a direct replacement for Terry,anyway. I know he's adventurous,and a bit erractic, but so was Terry in his younger days. He's comfortable on either foot and his distribution,although not great at the moment,is improving. Who to put alongside him is a conundrum as Cahill has improved out of all proportion.

A terrific win by the team although I was very surprised how slowly Arsenal came out of the blocks. Before the game,I was concerned that the pace of Arsenal's attacks would be too much for Terry,Cole,Ivanovic and Mikel. But it was a very comfortable first half for them, with Arsenal playing their football in front of the defence, instead of sliding balls between the defenders.So when Gervinho's goal came,it was a bit of a surprise. Torres's goal was out of the top drawer.

With the introduction of Walcott,Giroud and Oxlade Chamberlain,things did get uncomfortable with a lot more movement but,with Ramires outstanding in midfield, (if he could pass like Lampard,,he would be the donkey's <deleted>) breaking things up and laying the ball off and Mata providing the imagination, the team held out well.

A terrific win by the team although I was very surprised how slowly Arsenal came out of the blocks. Before the game,I was concerned that the pace of Arsenal's attacks would be too much for Terry,Cole,Ivanovic and Mikel. But it was a very comfortable first half for them, with Arsenal playing their football in front of the defence, instead of sliding balls between the defenders.So when Gervinho's goal came,it was a bit of a surprise. Torres's goal was out of the top drawer.

With the introduction of Walcott,Giroud and Oxlade Chamberlain,things did get uncomfortable with a lot more movement but,with Ramires outstanding in midfield, (if he could pass like Lampard,,he would be the donkey's <deleted>) breaking things up and laying the ball off and Mata providing the imagination, the team held out well.

Yep great result Og,full credit to Di Matteo,for picking the right team and making good subs at the right time.Ramires was my man of the match,the new Makalele.

Gotta feel sorry for Seapok...the poor laddie ca't get a word in on this forum nowadays! biggrin.png

He never really got a word in before smokes, well not his own word anyway 23.gif

I think he's in the huff now Alfredo.

Or maybe he's off at a spiritual retreat discovering his own inner voice? blink.png

Haha no not in a huff at all....too busy of late mixing it up in the real world! haha oh and enjoying being top of the EPL biggrin.png

It's a good job that the team went to Nordsjaelland focused and not complacent because it was pretty uncomfortable for 75 minutes. An excellent free kick from Luiz eventually knocked the stuffing out of 'em.They are not a bad outfit and remind me of the way Swansea played under Brendan Rodgers. I can see them nicking a point or two off Juve and Shaktar,when they are at home. Ramires was excellent once more and the enforced rest has brought us a rejuvenated Mata. Cahill came in for Terry and put in another assured performance.

It's a good job that the team went to Nordsjaelland focused and not complacent because it was pretty uncomfortable for 75 minutes. An excellent free kick from Luiz eventually knocked the stuffing out of 'em.They are not a bad outfit and remind me of the way Swansea played under Brendan Rodgers. I can see them nicking a point or two off Juve and Shaktar,when they are at home. Ramires was excellent once more and the enforced rest has brought us a rejuvenated Mata. Cahill came in for Terry and put in another assured performance.

Credit where credit is due,Di Matteo is making some good changes There is plenty of competition for places and keeping it fresh keeps the players on there toes. Little bit worried about Torres though,he,s getting kicked every game,and with Sturridge still injured and no cover up front,that could become a real problem.Don,t know wether he can do it but Di Matteo should try and get Lukaku back from West Brom.

Gotta feel sorry for Seapok...the poor laddie ca't get a word in on this forum nowadays! biggrin.png

He never really got a word in before smokes, well not his own word anyway 23.gif

Or maybe he's off at a spiritual retreat discovering his own inner voice? blink.png

Haha no not in a huff at all....too busy of late mixing it up in the real world! haha oh and enjoying being top of the EPL biggrin.png

Aaah there you are!

When will the collapse happen then? This month or next? Your lot have just been lucky so far!

Credit where credit is due,Di Matteo is making some good changes There is plenty of competition for places and keeping it fresh keeps the players on there toes. Little bit worried about Torres though,he,s getting kicked every game,and with Sturridge still injured and no cover up front,that could become a real problem.Don,t know wether he can do it but Di Matteo should try and get Lukaku back from West Brom.

We'll do a Barcelona,Keith. No target man,just a multitude of ball retaining,interchanging midfield players breaking into the box. Problem solved!

We'll do a Barcelona,Keith. No target man,just a multitude of ball retaining,interchanging midfield players breaking into the box. Problem solved!

I can live with that thumbsup.gif

Still vfm for our top spot.Had the odd lapse in the first half,but thats always gonna happen when your permantly rotating your back four and midfield.

I,m still not happy with Di Matteo playing both Mikel and Lampard,Mikel was all at sea at times and just followed the ball and wasn,t aware of what was going on behind him(gormless <deleted>),and Frank was able to just jog up and down at his leisure against this inferior bunch,but couldn,t get to track back quick enough.

Hammer me if you wan,t but after the 2 forthcoming internationals i,ll be dissapointed if Frankie makes the starting eleven at 3 points lane.

Still vfm for our top spot.Had the odd lapse in the first half,but thats always gonna happen when your permantly rotating your back four and midfield.

I,m still not happy with Di Matteo playing both Mikel and Lampard,Mikel was all at sea at times and just followed the ball and wasn,t aware of what was going on behind him(gormless <deleted>),and Frank was able to just jog up and down at his leisure against this inferior bunch,but couldn,t get to track back quick enough.

Hammer me if you wan,t but after the 2 forthcoming internationals i,ll be dissapointed if Frankie makes the starting eleven at 3 points lane.

Sorry but when was the last time you won at WHL? bit arrogant arn't you considering Its been a few years now, but hey ho, live the dream why don't youbiggrin.png

Sorry but when was the last time you won at WHL? bit arrogant arn't you considering Its been a few years now, but hey ho, live the dream why don't youbiggrin.png

I knew you wouldn,t dissapoint me Carmine,,just had to throw you that little bit of bread and you took it,hook line and sinker.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I knew you wouldn,t dissapoint me Carmine,,just had to throw you that little bit of bread and you took it,hook line and sinker.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh i know exactly what you were doing but i just wanted to remind you that with all your money you really arn't that good. i have a feeling that i shall be the one laughing in a couple of weeks.

I also think it would be advisable if your supporters refrain from the holocaust abuse and anti semitic chanting as your club really doesn't want to be dragged any further through the gutter than your captain and cashley have already done.

Oh i know exactly what you were doing but i just wanted to remind you that with all your money you really arn't that good. i have a feeling that i shall be the one laughing in a couple of weeks.

I also think it would be advisable if your supporters refrain from the holocaust abuse and anti semitic chanting as your club really doesn't want to be dragged any further through the gutter than your captain and cashley have already done.

How do you know i,m not that good?,and who told you about all my money?biggrin.png

Been away myself too.

blue