Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I thought Benitez did a very good job under a lot of pressure from the clubs fans in the end......it begs the question why?

Why did he take a job like this on?

For me it can only have been for his own benefit and satisfaction...he didnt need the abuse nor the money so for me Benitez is as bad as Chelsea for taking the job in the first place.

Self gratification i think and we all know about Chelsea and its fans so no need to repeat that shit.

Whose next for the interim club in London.

Benitez needed to get himself back in the shop window. He had been out of the game way too long. Served both parties well in the end

I thought Benitez did a very good job under a lot of pressure from the clubs fans in the end......it begs the question why?

For me it can only have been for his own benefit and satisfaction...he didnt need the abuse nor the money so for me Benitez is as bad as Chelsea for taking the job in the first place.

Self gratification i think and we all know about Chelsea and its fans so no need to repeat that shit.

I can only think of 3 reasons why anybody works.

1. Money. This goes for most of the population.

2. To help people. Very few.

3. To win, be challenged or be successful. Or self gratification as MrRed puts it.

Well, Rafa most likely didn't need the money and (jokes aside) Chelsea are not a charity. So that leaves number 3 and what is wrong with that??

Benitez needed to get himself back in the shop window. He had been out of the game way too long. Served both parties well in the end

exactly. it was pretty widely-reported at the time as it goes. also reported that he turned down offers from clubs in russia and the middle east as well as a couple of international jobs. he wanted a high-profile club to get himself back on the job ladder. and like most things he does, it's worked.

I notice that loads of us are heaping praise on Benitez. Can we really be the same people who heaped $hit on Stevie when he used to maintain how good a manager Benitez was?

Perhaps his detractors should have done their homework and checked out his record of silverware over the past 11 seasons in management compaired to those of the other incumbant managers in the premier league this season. I think i read that its more than the lot of them put together, bar Ferguson ofcourse. I rest my case.

Mindyou seeing as some posters on here are highlighting the odd substitution he made that they didn't like as reasons for his abuse/costing them a run at the title and other such nonsense i think we you should give up on here and start a separate discussion thread on Benitez, preferably chav free.

You like the bloody bloke so much,you start a thread on him. My reasons as stated so many .ucking times before involved a lot more than a few bad substitutions or no suibstitutions at all, as well you know but as per usual you only highlight one aspect of the many that i criticised him for. Making any point with you is beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

I notice that loads of us are heaping praise on Benitez. Can we really be the same people who heaped $hit on Stevie when he used to maintain how good a manager Benitez was?

Perhaps his detractors should have done their homework and checked out his record of silverware over the past 11 seasons in management compaired to those of the other incumbant managers in the premier league this season. I think i read that its more than the lot of them put together, bar Ferguson ofcourse. I rest my case.

Mindyou seeing as some posters on here are highlighting the odd substitution he made that they didn't like as reasons for his abuse/costing them a run at the title and other such nonsense i think we you should give up on here and start a separate discussion thread on Benitez, preferably chav free.

You like the bloody bloke so much,you start a thread on him. My reasons as stated so many .ucking times before involved a lot more than a few bad substitutions or no suibstitutions at all, as well you know but as per usual you only highlight one aspect of the many that i criticised him for. Making any point with you is beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Mark Hughes it is then. We respect your decision.

Do me a favour,you have those figures at your finger-tips, put a little meat on those bones for me please. Past 11 seasons? What silverware who for and when? Cos as you will know from my posts i like facts to back up any statements i make.

Do me a favour,you have those figures at your finger-tips, put a little meat on those bones for me please. Past 11 seasons? What silverware who for and when? Cos as you will know from my posts i like facts to back up any statements i make.

Valencia Liverpool Internazionale ChelseaIndividual awards
  • Like 1

exactly. it was pretty widely-reported at the time as it goes. also reported that he turned down offers from clubs in russia and the middle east as well as a couple of international jobs. he wanted a high-profile club to get himself back on the job ladder. and like most things he does, it's worked.

Putting yourself through the mill managing a club as an interim and the fans dislike you is something he didn't need to do IMO

Why would anybody want to go to Russia or even the middle bloody east to manage a club!

For me it smacks of a little desperation on his part as well....... fortunately he won another European trophy as you say the end result has worked for HIM still don't get it though ........i suppose we will see shortly as to how much in demand he is and what job offers he gets eh!

He has handled himself very well though throughout.

Keith, why do I have to back up my post about the silverware he's won. They are indelibly written in the record books for the world to see. And as for chelsea fans, the numbnuts that they are were too busy undermining him to actually take a look at who was running their side. What quality support that is!

Whoops, just seen smokies done your homework for you. There you go.

Edited by carmine

Took me all of thirty seconds too.

I'm going for the Seapok award this year. biggrin.png

Fine record isn't it. Then again what would the likes of Benitez and indeed Villas-Boas, know in comparison to the stamford bridge faithful. Guess what Keith, its your prerogative to disagree with your manager but it doesn't actually mean he's wrong. It just means his opinion is differs from yours. Sorry mate but i reckon he's a more astute tactician than you and his trophy haul proves it.

• Like 2

Thankyou Chas and Dave for showing me Rafa,s record and proving what a great manager he is........... chucking in a Community shield and Manager of the month awards......you couldn,t do my Wifes Cv for me could ya?.........do you two come on at half time to do the entertaintment.at the lane.......and the missing years 2007to 2010? Wedding photographer?

Thankyou Chas and Dave for showing me Rafa,s record and proving what a great manager he is........... chucking in a Community shield and Manager of the month awards......you couldn,t do my Wifes Cv for me could ya?.........do you two come on at half time to do the entertaintment.at the lane.......and the missing years 2007to 2010? Wedding photographer?

Theres no doubting it...you really are a chelsea fan thats for sure.

No we've come up with the goods you asked for and you clearly don't have an answer what are you going to do? Start booing on the Tottenham thread? jerk.gif Joke supporters you lot are, laughing stock of the premier league

Edited by carmine

No we've come up with the goods you asked for and you clearly don't have an answer what are you going to do? Start booing on the Tottenham thread? jerk.gif Joke supporters you lot are, laughing stock of the premier league

Come on carmine, be fair they really really cant help themselves, they're just ,, CHAVS clap2.gif

• Like 1

<deleted> are you on about now.....i said thanks didn,t i ? Did i say he hadn,t won those trophys? Your problem mate..... and this is your problem... you take yourself to seriously,you wanna lighten up a bit.....and just for the record ..the one place you will NEVER see me is on your thread,at your ground yes,but NEVER on your thread

<deleted> are you on about now.....i said thanks didn,t i ? Did i say he hadn,t won those trophys? Your problem mate..... and this is your problem... you take yourself to seriously,you wanna lighten up a bit.....and just for the record ..the one place you will NEVER see me is on your thread,at your ground yes,but NEVER on your thread

Calm down Keith. Every dog has another day.

But seriously if you are going to say thanks say it properly and it will be respected as that.

what was that thing about taking yourself too seriously?

• Like 1

Fine record isn't it. Then again what would the likes of Benitez and indeed Villas-Boas, know in comparison to the stamford bridge faithful. Guess what Keith, its your prerogative to disagree with your manager but it doesn't actually mean he's wrong. It just means his opinion is differs from yours. Sorry mate but i reckon he's a more astute tactician than you and his trophy haul proves it.

It's money for old rope being a professional football manager. One of the most over rated professions in the history of employment. The reason why there is such a high turnover, in the Premier League, is because most of 'em are thick,ex professional wide boys with the intelligence of a fieldmouse. I reckon Keith could give Benitez a run for his money,given the chance.

seriously Why do you never make comment on other teams? not a football fan?.

It's money for old rope being a professional football manager. One of the most over rated professions in the history of employment. The reason why there is such a high turnover, in the Premier League, is because most of 'em are thick,ex professional wide boys with the intelligence of a fieldmouse. I reckon Keith could give Benitez a run for his money,given the chance.

The working 'under pressure' element could be an issue but tbh I dont think your far of the mark there old git.

You might be right but i think Keith takes life a bit too seriously to be a manager

there are loads of crap football managers around. ex-players who wander into the job because they think it's expected, they think it's easy 'cos they've played the game and because they don't know how to do anything else. but the very good managers, the really top ones, are worth far more than their weight in gold and the difference between winning trophies and being a journeyman berk like steve bruce.

• Like 1