Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Woeful performance. smile.png

He's alright for now, and the knives are out for AVB. Remember, Jose's very popular with the tabloid hacks. Serious journalists don't want to hear about his new hairstyle and his philanthropy.

Were Spurs to win their next couple of games and Chelsea lose theirs, whilst both scenarios unlikely, the hacks may turn on someone else.

Performance might well have been woeful but the jobs already done isn't it, and they beat West Ham so no dramas really. He's simply not getting the most out of a magnificent squad.

He's alright for now, and the knives are out for AVB. Remember, Jose's very popular with the tabloid hacks. Serious journalists don't want to hear about his new hairstyle and his philanthropy.

Were Spurs to win their next couple of games and Chelsea lose theirs, whilst both scenarios unlikely, the hacks may turn on someone else.

Performance might well have been woeful but the jobs already done isn't it, and they beat West Ham so no dramas really. He's simply not getting the most out of a magnificent squad.

So he is in the same boat as AVB ???? w00t.gif

BTbiggrin.png

BTbiggrin.png

I wasn't aware i said that.

What i will say is the speed in which the English gutter press can refocus their efforts to get a manager sacked is breathtaking as is their relentless pursuit in this

BTbiggrin.png

No BT he is up shit creek without a paddle whilst Jose is on his daddy's yacht tongue.png

• Like 1

chelsea are through to the knockout stages at least. just listened to radio five's podcast from last night and the chelsea fans don't seem happy with the way they are playing at all. and the juan mata question just won't go away.

chelsea are through to the knockout stages at least. just listened to radio five's podcast from last night and the chelsea fans don't seem happy with the way they are playing at all. and the juan mata question just won't go away.

I haven't been satisfied with the way we've been playing all season. Of the games I've seen,the best performance was against West Ham. This was because Lampard and Oscar were able to dictate against slow,ponderous midfield.However,last night,the boot was on the other foot. We were up against a team who were much quicker to the ball. We were very fortunate to escape unscathed a first half battering. Basle thoroughly deserved their win.

I haven't been satisfied with the way we've been playing all season. Of the games I've seen,the best performance was against West Ham. This was because Lampard and Oscar were able to dictate against slow,ponderous midfield.However,last night,the boot was on the other foot. We were up against a team who were much quicker to the ball. We were very fortunate to escape unscathed a first half battering. Basle thoroughly deserved their win.

doubting mourinho at all then mate? or questioning him is perhaps a better way of putting it.

doubting mourinho at all then mate? or questioning him is perhaps a better way of putting it.

Interesting point, Matteo got the sack last season after 12 games with 24 points ?

I remember reading an article a month or two ago (but can't remember where) that suggested Abramovich spent over two years buying players suited to the way Guardiola likes football to be played then ended up re-employing Mourinho.

I remember reading an article a month or two ago (but can't remember where) that suggested Abramovich spent over two years buying players suited to the way Guardiola likes football to be played then ended up re-employing Mourinho.

little thinking that guardiola's 'style' of football might not necessarily work in the english league. or that guardiola might, you know, not want to manage chelsea. abramovich is just awful.

As good as Mourinho's record is,he will make mistakes along the way.And he's made plenty this season. The first is persisting in playing a centre back at right back,a right back at left back and an aging midfielder in every game, loaning out our best striker and,looking at last night's performance for Valencia.our best holding midfield player.Whether he thinks he can replicate what he achieved with an aging squad at Inter Milan,I don't know but we desperately need dynamism and energy in midfield.

• Like 1

As good as Mourinho's record is,he will make mistakes along the way.And he's made plenty this season. The first is persisting in playing a centre back at right back,a right back at left back and an aging midfielder in every game, loaning out our best striker and,looking at last night's performance for Valencia.our best holding midfield player.Whether he thinks he can replicate what he achieved with an aging squad at Inter Milan,I don't know but we desperately need dynamism and energy in midfield.

Spot on Og. It,s a bloody mess,and all he can say is it,s not his squad....so i,ll do me best but don,t expect miracles,then say the players are tired but only makes one change from the team that stumbled past West Ham.......where is Bertrand,Mata Kdb Schurrle Essien all them could have played a part against Basle.This season i have some very good footballers looking so bloody ordinary and i think it,s gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better.

• Like 1

Because you have so many players on the cusp of playing at the World Cup and not getting any game time at all,that in itself could cause problems for Mourinho with the squad especially after new year..

And what he said about Lukaku is already coming back to haunt him.

You've got to love this guy biggrin.png

When questioned about pressure yesterday, Jose;

“I am at this stage at the best moment of my career, which is still being a young manager with years and years of experience,” he declared. “Nothing is new for me in football. Everything that happens to me looks like déjà vu. It has happened to me before, for sure. I’m cool. I’m the kind of guy that year after year, title after title, I don’t change. I have big maturity not to feel fragile after a defeat or after a bad result, so pressure doesn’t arrive in that aspect.”

Very dissapointed. facepalm.gif

Could only see victory in that first half,and by a wide margin........but piss poor finishing and over-playing it at times cost us dear...........and Cech well .uck me thats the first time ive seen him come off his line from a corner,and 6 yards out 6ft 3ins tall and the prize .unt can,t get anywhere near it..pathetic.

If he had any hair left im sure Jose will be pulling out...............17 goals conceded and only 15 games in...........a far cry from his 1st stint...19 conceded all season.

Could only see victory in that first half,and by a wide margin........but piss poor finishing and over-playing it at times cost us dear...........and Cech well .uck me thats the first time ive seen him come off his line from a corner,and 6 yards out 6ft 3ins tall and the prize .unt can,t get anywhere near it..pathetic.

If he had any hair left im sure Jose will be pulling out...............17 goals conceded and only 15 games in...........a far cry from his 1st stint...19 conceded all season.

Quote Mourinho from BBC........

"I don't feel comfortable enough to tell you what I think about the game. We're in trouble".

"It is a concern [conceding so many goals]. I don't like it, I don't organise my teams to be like this."

But went on to say......

"Maybe tomorrow we are seven points from the leader but when you see us in relation to Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool, I think we are not doing bad,"

So it's not all gloom.........smile.png

Phew! That was a kick in the b****cks,Keith. Confidence is a vital comodity to a player and his team. Man. Utd's confidence disappeared when Ferguson walked out the door. We were brimming over with confidence in the first half until Cech's half hearted attempt to go for a corner. Then Stoke got confidence from it and were diving in with full blooded challenges for the rest of the game.Then our confidence started to drain away.

I can understand Mourinho's comment when he said we lacked the 'killer instinct'.It was as though some of the players thought it was going to be a stroll in the park in the first half. In the form that Hazard was in,you got the impression that he could have scythed through Stoke single handed but,for some reason,he elected to pass instead.

Was he under orders?

Conceding too many goals against two bob outfits means there's something up. Mata has added the invention and dynamism in midfield but we haven't collectively got a good enough team to play the one touch football around the penalty area that his play demands.Loads of players pour forward leaving the back four and,invariably,Mikel,exposed to the counter attack. Blimey,we're talking about Stoke and Sunderland doing us on the break! We are in trouble if that's the case.

• Like 1

Alright Oldgit, Mad-dog Simmonds - who'd a thought hey Stoke City of all teams knocking 3 past Chelsea…to win. Just hope you keep up this form until the 29th, we could do with 3 points at The Bridge thumbsup.gif

If you play against us the way you did against Hull ......yeah HULL you won,t be getting any points biggrin.png

Alright Oldgit, Mad-dog Simmonds - who'd a thought hey Stoke City of all teams knocking 3 past Chelsea…to win. Just hope you keep up this form until the 29th, we could do with 3 points at The Bridge thumbsup.gif

If you play against us the way you did against Hull ......yeah HULL you won,t be getting any points biggrin.png

That match still makes me wince biggrin.png Well if we are both still leaking goals it could be a back and fourth goal fest, although we've lost 2 of our best players for 6 weeks so it could be a sh*thouse crimbo

Wow we are on a bit of a roll.............i make that 4 piss poor performances in a row........and we won 3 of them

<deleted> is the matter with Hazard can,t he pass the .ucking ball quickly .. does he always have to come to a complete stand still and let the oppo,s defence get back into position...<deleted>.

I don,t know about Jose,but i,m gonna no .ucking hair left at this rate .crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

Wow we are on a bit of a roll.............i make that 4 piss poor performances in a row........and we won 3 of them

<deleted> is the matter with Hazard can,t he pass the .ucking ball quickly .. does he always have to come to a complete stand still and let the oppo,s defence get back into position...<deleted>.

I don,t know about Jose,but i,m gonna no .ucking hair left at this rate .crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Yeah,I don't know where to start after that performance,mate. Ivanovic continues to play like a centre back filling in at right back. Thank <deleted> he's suspended and it forces Mourinho to offer up an alternative. I'm praying that he plays Azpilicueta at right back and Bertrand at left back for the next game but I'm not holding my breath. Apparently,Bertrand is out with an 'undisclosed injury, which is a bit of a mystifying statement,so it looks like Old Man Cole again. Luiz played like he was on something. Reckless in the tackle and getting caught on the wrong side time after time. Torres scored but did little else. Undoubtedly our best player was Willian. He was energetic,creative and must have covered every blade of grass. I think Schurrle should play every game. He's a class act and wasn't on 5 mins. before he ghosted in behind their defence and was only stopped by a point blank save from their keeper.

We've got Arsenal next in the League and my only crumb of comfort is that my brother reckons that,when we beat them 2-0 in the League Cup a few months ago at the Emirates,we pissed all over them. I didn't see that game myself. What did you think,Keith?

• Like 1

Yeah,I don't know where to start after that performance,mate. Ivanovic continues to play like a centre back filling in at right back. Thank <deleted> he's suspended and it forces Mourinho to offer up an alternative. I'm praying that he plays Azpilicueta at right back and Bertrand at left back for the next game but I'm not holding my breath. Apparently,Bertrand is out with an 'undisclosed injury, which is a bit of a mystifying statement,so it looks like Old Man Cole again. Luiz played like he was on something. Reckless in the tackle and getting caught on the wrong side time after time. Torres scored but did little else. Undoubtedly our best player was Willian. He was energetic,creative and must have covered every blade of grass. I think Schurrle should play every game. He's a class act and wasn't on 5 mins. before he ghosted in behind their defence and was only stopped by a point blank save from their keeper.

We've got Arsenal next in the League and my only crumb of comfort is that my brother reckons that,when we beat them 2-0 in the League Cup a few months ago at the Emirates,we pissed all over them. I didn't see that game myself. What did you think,Keith?

Nice to see a constructive post, Bindippers and Reds should take note whistling.gif

• Like 2

You think you've got problems! tongue.png

The thing is Red,it's so achingly obvious to me and loads of other Chelsea fans what's got to be done,why isn't it to Mourinho?

To be honest mate i don't know!

But one thing for sure is the press and everybody else is onto him and i think he would be better off trimming the squad and working with the quality that there is obviously there....Up front seems to be ................. ok you have a go today and not one of your attackers is either given time or any confidence to do well and stake a claim....all same same!!

I would love to have Mata at United.

Your Brother was spot on Og,that Arsenal game was the best i have seen us play this season,a very one sided 2-0 victory. Why? Well maybe it was because he played square pegs in square holes....Bertrand at left back and Azpilicueta at right..........sheer .ucking genious....no Terry Ivanovich Cech Lamplard cole.and Arsenals starting midfield was wilshire ramsey cazorla rosicky........as said before it,s still gonna get worse before it gets any better...........facepalm.gif