Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Yeah he scored, but against a Newcastle defence. Far more significant was Philippe Coutinho's performance yesterday against Arsenal and at only £8.5m an absolute bargain, compared to Hazards's £32m transfer.

Both wear the no. 10., but Coutinho it could be argued is more of a team player, and someone you can built a future around, he's only 21. It should be noted he was missing when Liverpool played Arsenal earlier in the season. Some liken him to other South American stars, but I prefer he's almost what Paul Scholes was to Utd.

Confidence will be high now, so much so Wenger seems to be quaking in his boots with the thought of the FA cup tie looming;

post-173950-13919498967516_thumb.jpg

but so more critical will be Chelsea at home towards the end of this season, which could mean the keeping of Suarez.

Yeah he scored, but against a Newcastle defence. Far more significant was Philippe Coutinho's performance yesterday against Arsenal and at only £8.5m an absolute bargain, compared to Hazards's £32m transfer.

Both wear the no. 10., but Coutinho it could be argued is more of a team player, and someone you can built a future around, he's only 21. It should be noted he was missing when Liverpool played Arsenal earlier in the season. Some liken him to other South American stars, but I prefer he's almost what Paul Scholes was to Utd.

Confidence will be high now, so much so Wenger seems to be quaking in his boots with the thought of the FA cup tie looming;

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1391949893.705492.jpg

but so more critical will be Chelsea at home towards the end of this season, which could mean the keeping of Suarez.

Why is Coutinho more of a team player? Why would it be preferable to build a team around him than Hazard?

Yes, Coutinho is only 21, but so was Hazard when he arrived at Chelsea. Only 18 months apart age wise.

Edited by mjj
  • Like 1

Why is Coutinho more of a team player? Why would it be preferable to build a team around than Hazard?

Yes, Coutinho is only 21, but so was Hazard when he arrived at Chelsea. Only 18 months apart age wish.

Gotta agree. Very nice player is Coutinho but Hazard is becoming the player he was supposed to be last year. A real menace.facepalm.gif

Why is Coutinho more of a team player? Why would it be preferable to build a team around him than Hazard?

Yes, Coutinho is only 21, but so was Hazard when he arrived at Chelsea. Only 18 months apart age wise.

And one cost four times what the other did. Hazard was about in the hottest prospect in Europe at the time, Coutinho was a bit of a gamble. Seems daft comparing them really.

And one cost four times what the other did. Hazard was about in the hottest prospect in Europe at the time, Coutinho was a bit of a gamble. Seems daft comparing them really.

Well he started it! :-D

Not daft, and you miss the point that Coutinhio is far more important to 'Pool and he should be getting more credit than the likes of 'flashy' Hazard, he cost far less and I would liken him to Scholes.

Scholes was according to Fergie one of the most important Utd players of all time. Time will tell whether Hazard proves his worth like Coutinhio.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You're still a small second division team and you know it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

......yep. Even Jose says we are a little horse......still keep winning though. ;-)

......yep. Even Jose says we are a little horse......still keep winning though. ;-)

Yep, but as Pelligrini responded, a little horse with an awful lot of money and a manager that sure knows how to spend it. Ofcourse you keep winning mate, check out your squad, its phenominal. Great tactics by Mourinho to win at City i'll grant you, but generally speaking, Jose's little horse should be easily winning almost every game shouldn't it?

Not daft, and you miss the point that Coutinhio is far more important to 'Pool and he should be getting more credit than the likes of 'flashy' Hazard, he cost far less and I would liken him to Scholes.

Scholes was according to Fergie one of the most important Utd players of all time. Time will tell whether Hazard proves his worth like Coutinhio.

don't agree with that at all. coutinho's been inconsistent this season - his highs have been brilliant but there haven't been enough of them - while hazard's been quite clearly chelsea's best player. coutinho's not even been in liverpool's top five 'most important' players this season.

• Like 1

Yep, but as Pelligrini responded, a little horse with an awful lot of money and a manager that sure knows how to spend it. Ofcourse you keep winning mate, check out your squad, its phenominal. Great tactics by Mourinho to win at City i'll grant you, but generally speaking, Jose's little horse should be easily winning almost every game shouldn't it?

Can't disagree with that on the whole. As a squad we are only lacking a top striker.

I would put us as slight favourites for the title at the moment, but that is only because we are top now. Before Saturday I would have had City as favourites. I'm sure the favourite will change over the course of the next few months. Very tight and interesting it is.

don't agree with that at all. coutinho's been inconsistent this season - his highs have been brilliant but there haven't been enough of them - while hazard's been quite clearly chelsea's best player. coutinho's not even been in liverpool's top five 'most important' players this season.

Refreshing to see a nice senseible and honest reply .....good on you stevieH

Can't disagree with that on the whole. As a squad we are only lacking a top striker.

I would put us as slight favourites for the title at the moment, but that is only because we are top now. Before Saturday I would have had City as favourites. I'm sure the favourite will change over the course of the next few months. Very tight and interesting it is.

Reckon your squad is better in depth than City but yeah your strikers ain't so good.

Between the two of you I think....Arsenal have been found out this weekend and will slip backwards after that mauling.

I doubt Liverpool can keep up that intensity of performance week in week out...but it was half an hour of great football.

Scholes is looking a bit old these days though.

article-2555334-1B564FA800000578-623_634

Reminds me of the Welsh antiques kid who turned out to like wearing skirts an being battered around the valleys.

Maybe Ryan Giggs will find some use for him?

Haha. I thought Vivienne Westwood myself. Though there's also a lot of charlie Drake going on.

Charlie Drake,nice one Stevie. I was watching Ferguson's face every time the twisted monkey leaned over to talk to the other bloke. Hucknall was very close to getting thrown over the balcony.

It will be interesting how we approach the 'crunch' game against Liverpool. They are,as we all know,flying at home but I thought Villa's positive game plan,where Liverpool were on the back foot for long periods of the match,was the right way to play them. To sit back and let them dictate is inviting disaster because they are lightning around the penalty area. Arsenal wanted to dominate but,when they lost the ball,they didn't have the energy,will or the desire to retrieve it. This left them wide open.

It will be interesting how we approach the 'crunch' game against Liverpool. They are,as we all know,flying at home but I thought Villa's positive game plan,where Liverpool were on the back foot for long periods of the match,was the right way to play them. To sit back and let them dictate is inviting disaster because they are lightning around the penalty area. Arsenal wanted to dominate but,when they lost the ball,they didn't have the energy,will or the desire to retrieve it. This left them wide open.

To be fair Og it was Rodgers game plan rather than Villa's that got them the point, that won't be happening again.

Anyway if anyone can shut it down Jose can, really looking forward to that battle of tac tics between the former mentor and his student.

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho throws the Cup tie against Manchester Dhabi, (or vice versa).

Doesn't that take the pish out of having quality depth? What's the point or is it more what's the point of the FA Cup these days…which would be a shame

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho throws the Cup tie against Manchester Dhabi, (or vice versa).

Pino grigio is still smarting from that home defeat and will wan,t his revenge at all cost,s imho.....if he plays yo yo toure 2morrow night and against us on saturday then he puts the Champions League tie against Barca in doubt imho.........A.Cole and M.Schwarzer will probably get a game on Saturday along with Salad and probably Schurrle and Mikel imo

Refreshing to see a nice senseible and honest reply .....good on you stevieH

Not in top five players? Where have you been? Coutinhio is key to success of Suarez, Sturridge et al. fact. At £8.5m a snip compared to Eden Hazard and even Ozil. He is the play maker Liverpool have searched for some while. Utd would eagerly buy him if they had the chance. And yes, agree with Oldgit, in that the meeting of Chelsea at Anfield towards the end of the season, will potentially be hugely important for both clubs. It could mean the keeping of Suarez or Chelsea losing the title.